Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hairspray

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  14:16:38  Show Profile
Can I ask why every topic ends up with loads of People trading insults and going off the subject?
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  14:16:58  Show Profile
May I suggest that this is starting to wander off topic. If anyone has ideas to help prevent the next visitation, perhaps you should discuss them with the Parish Council, after all, it's them you'll aim your anger at if it happens and they haven't done anything.

They can't listen if you don't talk.
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  21:15:44  Show Profile
Returning to the question of how to deter future traveller trespass I note that ADC have granted planning permission for the building of 15 houses on land in Mayflower Way between the car lot & Mayflower park(ADC planning decisions A/114/04)& recently a further application was submitted to discharge a condition restricting the building to occupation by agricultural workers only(A/117/11/PO) which would obviously have hindered the sale of properties once built. APC Planning Committee considered this at the meeting on 9/8/11 & had no objection.
As the developers would clearly have a stake in ensuring travellers did not return to the area during the construction or marketing of the properties I am surprised that ADC & APC were not more astute in prevailing on the developers to assist in securing Mayflower park.

Alternatively a previous suggestion I made was that APC should sell off the field in Mayflower Way which has now become an eyesore & unusable.If there is at last interest in building in Mayflower Way then now is the time to act & hopefully resolve the problem in part at least.

Edited by - BRAM on 17 Aug 2011 21:34:18
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  21:41:27  Show Profile
Bram, I think you will find that A/114/04 refers to the houses nearing completion at the southern end of The Walkway and not between the car lot in Mayflower Way and Mayflower Park. A/117/11/PO refers to a restriction imposed when the planning permission was originally granted.
This site was the former Lansdowne Nurseries hence the restriction reference to agricultural workers.
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2011 :  13:04:15  Show Profile
Nigel
Thank you for the correction & I can only say that on seeing Mayflower Way in the applications I made an incorrect assumption. Since the recent new builds were at the end of Walkway & a fair distance from Mayflower Way I never thought of them being in that location but of course when the greenhouses occupied the land Mayflower Way would have been the only postal address covering that area.
However if any developments do arise in Mayflower Way perhaps APC could consider my point.
Go to Top of Page

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2011 :  11:37:06  Show Profile
puts our traveller experience into perspective when you see the 'Dale Farm' situation today
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2011 :  22:34:35  Show Profile
If Basildon succeed in evicting the illegal Dale Farm travellers then they will most probably head West seeking sites such as Mayflower Park again.

Whilst the boulders have improved security to some degree the area that they invaded last time remains vulnerable i.e. the educational site, the burnt out shrubbery & the broken fence.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000