Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 2)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2015 :  16:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More concerned about state of road surface than trying to nail the Truck Driver but thanks for the advice.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2015 :  16:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dudmans lorries, who are one of the main culprits on the Barratts site, drive as badly throughout Sussex. All their drivers should be reported for anti-social driving, as they all seem to think they own all the roads in Sussex.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2015 :  17:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are concerned about the state of the road then definitely send an e-mail to Andrew Kirkpatrick, and copy Jon Green and APC. Get on Barratt's case because it's going to get worse when the new site entrance is opened up further up Roundstone Lane and construction traffic starts to use it as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Growser

More concerned about state of road surface than trying to nail the Truck Driver but thanks for the advice.

Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2015 :  13:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought APC were on the case? Oh, wait a minute, they're probably ill, on holiday, or attending to their clients' tax affairs!
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2015 :  14:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely this is something the parish council admin could be doing - seems there are now enough of them, so surely they can find time to do some work for the village. The councillors are voluntary, the admin are paid.
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2015 :  18:09:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by derekdainton

Thought APC were on the case? Oh, wait a minute, they're probably ill, on holiday, or attending to their clients' tax affairs!

DD, was this supposed to be funny or helpful?
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2015 :  19:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. It's no more ridiculous a comment than the first time it was used.
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2015 :  16:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am reliably informed that the planning application A/154/14/OUT was approved by Arun's Planning Committee last week. This was the Pound Place outline planning application to build another 18 properties east of Roundstone Lane. The Angmering Parish Chairman read out a statement objecting to the application but there was no-one there, apparently, from SAV! Obviously only one organisation was on the case DD eh!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2015 :  18:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given that APC has never been represented at previous ADC meetings it's about time. Perhaps at last they're responding to public opinion of their track record. On the case but some way from being on the ball?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2015 :  04:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..... or aware that there are elections in May!
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2015 :  13:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Seagull for your comments regarding A/154/14/OUT, Pound Place planning application.

SAV are of course happy to explain the reasons why we chose not to object to the application.

• SAV did look carefully at the application but what we have learnt is that to be effective we now have to take a different approach when making objections. The objections that we have submitted to these Roundstone Lane applications over the past three 3 years are no longer valid since we are no longer fighting development on a Greenfield site. Why? Because these developments have now had approval, outline or otherwise, so far for over 400 dwellings as part of their infamous Masterplan, which appears to have been consigned to the waste paper basket.

• It is therefore necessary to consider all the facts and identify legitimate planning reasons in order to make valid objections. Otherwise, objecting to every application in a perfunctory manner just becomes a lost cause. In short we have learnt that it is foolhardy to keep submitting the same points of objection and expecting a different result.

• With the recent announcement by ADC to the Government Inspectorate that ADC no longer considers it has a five year land supply, which we noted in a previous SAV Newsletter. This means any parcel of land outside the built-up area boundary is considered as fair game on which to build.

• It was therefore difficult to see what planning reasons could be given to object to houses being built on this site that had not already been previously articulated in other applications for sites east of Roundstone Lane, which is now designated as a strategic housing site by ADC.

• Regardless of our views of the effectiveness of ADC’s so called Masterplan, the Pound Place site is already surrounded by Barrett’s new housing estate therefore has no adverse impact on its surroundings that could be considered a material objection by the Development Control Committee (DCC).

• The final word on the density and make-up of the proposed 18 houses is ultimately decided by ADC although once the Angmering Neighbourhood Plan is made by ADC in March this will have an impact on future planning decisions but regrettably too late for this application.

• You will note that SAV has not submitted an objection to application A/167/14/PL for an increase in the number of dwellings on the Pound Nursery site. The reasons for this will be explained in SAV’s February Newsletter.

Unpalatable as it is for the community, the battle for the sites east of Roundstone Lane has already been lost, apart from the Rugby Club which currently has no application pending and is also listed as a site that will be put forward for listing as an Asset of Community Value in the Neighbourhood Plan pending the completion of the application already submitted to ADC by Angmering Parish Council.

However, SAV is encouraged, as indeed the community will be, to hear of the Chair’s attendance at DCC meeting.

The focus now is to ensure the Assets of Community Value are listed as soon as possible, the Neighbourhood Plan is delivered by APC and that a constant vigil is maintained to identify possible threats to the approved Neighbourhood Plan by both internal and external interests and challenge the requirement or sustainability of any further applications for any more new housing in Angmering over and above the 700+ already designated between now and 2029.

Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2015 :  20:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by derekdainton

Given that APC has never been represented at previous ADC meetings it's about time.

I believe you are quite incorrect to say "never". "Not recently" perhaps - but not "never".
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2015 :  16:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Robinf for your comprehensive posting. I completely understand your points and position.
DD, you are completely wrong yet again. My Arun informant tells me that the Parish Council has been represented at EVERY Planning Application, east of Roundstone Lane, and have objected each time. I witnessed the first one myself!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2015 :  17:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Completely wrong yet again". And the other instances were? Perfectly prepared to admit factual error but not difference of opinion. Unlike some, I don't have a particular defensive axe to grind!

As I also have attended ADC meetings I must have drifted off and missed the robust APC objections.
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2015 :  20:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you must have drifted off! You are obviously past your 'sell by date'! The last Development Control meeting was attended by The Chairman, Councillor Francis. The one before was attended by Councillor Harris.
The original one I went to, was attended, I believe, by the then Chairman, Councillor Mariner. These people give up their time to represent you and I and all the other residents of this village and all they get is sniping comments from people like you for their trouble. No wonder they are short of Parish Councillors in Angmering. Surely they must do something right now and then to get some praise? p.s The village lights in the centre looked lovely over Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2015 :  08:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was referring to full Council meetings, not the DDC.

You are quite correct in saying that Councillors give up their time but the key word is represent. As many will agree, as far as fighting development in the village is concerned, their representation has been sorely lacking.

Give me SAV any day. They too have invested an enormous amount of time on this issue in the last few years, far in excess, I would suggest, of APC. And on one thing they stand out - Communication. Getting anything out of the Parish Council is like pulling teeth.

These forums exist for people to express their views. As long as they do that without personal insult, they serve an extremely useful purpose. What's that saying about heat and kitchen?

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2015 :  10:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course, seagull, APC get some things right which are appreciated. But it fails when it comes to really important matters. Yes, there are the pretty lights on The Green and the fitness equipment and picnic tables (that few people use) - but these are not important.

As DD and others have pointed out, APC was found wanting when we wanted robust representation on the Roudstone Lane housing. We even have a parish ouncillor who is also a district councillor but the silence was deafening! I also attended full ADC meetings and the major DCC meeting last year. The response from APC was either nil or lame. Compare that with how the 3 Villages responded to their threat.

There are also other important matters that have slipped under the table. It is no good arguing that these are on some future list. Look at public toilets for the centre of the village. They started to be discussed a year ago but were quietly shelved - a Christmas tree was far more important! Another matter started a few years' ago was the identification of spaces close to the village centre to maximise parking. This too was quietly dropped. Taking a strong and persistent line with WSCC over pinch points and parking issues would not go amiss.

If parish councullors want our respect, then they must start working on the big and important issues
Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2015 :  13:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neil

Of course, seagull, APC get some things right which are appreciated. But it fails when it comes to really important matters. Yes, there are the pretty lights on The Green and the fitness equipment and picnic tables (that few people use) - but these are not important.

As DD and others have pointed out, APC was found wanting when we wanted robust representation on the Roudstone Lane housing. We even have a parish ouncillor who is also a district councillor but the silence was deafening! I also attended full ADC meetings and the major DCC meeting last year. The response from APC was either nil or lame. Compare that with how the 3 Villages responded to their threat.

There are also other important matters that have slipped under the table. It is no good arguing that these are on some future list. Look at public toilets for the centre of the village. They started to be discussed a year ago but were quietly shelved - a Christmas tree was far more important! Another matter started a few years' ago was the identification of spaces close to the village centre to maximise parking. This too was quietly dropped. Taking a strong and persistent line with WSCC over pinch points and parking issues would not go amiss.

If parish councullors want our respect, then they must start working on the big and important issues

I was thinking about the constant digs APC get and whether or not they are justified or not. I couldnt agree more with Neil on this. The problem as I see it is that when it comes to matters which are really important APC does not actually have any clout or indeed influence and therefore are wrongly being blamed for matters which they actually have no control over. I accept that xmas lights and nice flowers and outside gyms have been sorted out but come on, in the grand scheme of things they are just not that important but well done APC for getting these matters sorted. However, when it comes to representing the the views of the village in matters which actually are damn important the perception is that APC somewhat sit on the fence. SAV have largely been a lone voice in voicing our concerens to the over development of Angmering and the problems which this will bring. It is a real shame that a joined up approach could not have been co-ordinated between SAV and the APC right when SAV was created.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  12:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SAV would like to comment on a couple of posts made by Westsussesbluenose and Neil, both of whom have made similar observations.

The plain fact Westsussexbluenose, is that certain folk in APC have never wanted to form a collaborative relationship with SAV.

Over the past 3 years SAV have attempted to approach APC with the view of putting together a joined up approach on a number of occasions. APC’s stated position, however, has always been that they wanted to retain their neutrality, as they believed that it allowed them to engage in more productive discussions with developers and ADC. Whether this was because they had their own hidden agendas or not we will leave it to you to make up your own mind.

From our perspective, as soon as the Masterplan appeared we knew that negotiation wasn’t going to work. As it turned out, although APC may claim that they won benefits for the community, a vast majority were to fix existing infrastructure deficits e.g. A259 improvements for the benefit of the whole of the Arun district, or additions like school provision that could only be funded by housing but as we subsequently learnt was in the gift of WSCC, not ADC. Surfacing Honey Lane properly is the only one that currently comes to mind, but we’re sure others will remind us of any we have missed.

But then there is of course Angmering’s windfall share of the new homes bonus that will be paid to APC. We are sure we all look forward to hearing from APC soon how much this will potentially be, what payment of these monies depend on and if APC intend to consult with the village on worthwhile community projects BEFORE they start spending it.
Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  16:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply Robinf - for the record I was not implying that the reason that there has not been a joined up approach between APC & SAV has anything to do with a lack of effort on SAV's part, quite the opposite. I agree, I too find it somewhat bemusing that some members of APC need to remain neutral on such important matters - arent APC meant to convey the views and thoughts of the people they represent? They (APC) are not employees or volunteers, they are elected representives who volunteer their time for free to work on behalf of their communities. They need to represent effectively the interests of the ward for which they are elected and to represent the views of the whole community - I have looked at the results of the surveys conducted and I cant see any reference where the majority of residents who replied to the surveys had a "neutral" view on the over development of Angmering.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2015 :  16:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barratts have today issued a press release, the core part of which states - Angmering will soon be home to new sports facilities thanks to a £345,000 investment from leading home builder David Wilson Homes. The funds will go towards the purchase of land for two sport pitches together with car parking and changing facilities for the residents of the Sussex village. The five star homebuilder, which will be launching its new Swanbourne Park development in the village in spring 2015, has contributed the money as part of its strategic commitment to the village community.
On announcing the investment David Wilsons Homes managing director Ian Wallace commented, “For David Wilson Homes it is not just about building homes, for us it is important to build communities and provide the right facilities and amenities for families and residents to enjoy.”
In addition to providing the new sports pitches, David Wilson Homes will also be contributing to improvement to the village’s roads and education facilities.

The truth:

Save Angmering Village (SAV) has read with interest the recent press release by (Barratt) David Wilson Homes and the interesting spin they have introduced where their MD, Ian Wallace says:

“For David Wilson Homes it is not just about building homes, for us it is important to build communities and provide the right facilities and amenities for families and residents to enjoy.” . . . . “it [DWH] has contributed the money as part of its strategic commitment to the village community.”

Naturally, SAV welcomes, as the community will too, the addition of these facilities for the benefit of all. However, the truth is that there is nothing strategic or altruistic about this contribution and we would take this opportunity to put the record straight.

So don’t be fooled. When Ian Wallace says “it [DWH] has contributed the money as part of its strategic commitment to the village community”, there is nothing “unselfish” in this supposed act of generosity. The likes of Barratt DWH and other national house builders / developers are hard-nosed businesses run by accountants; whose ‘God’ is creating shareholder wealth. They have recently posted a 75% increase in half year profit before tax for the 6-months ending December 2014 (£210m from £120m the previous year). There is nothing wrong with making profits, but inferring that you are giving something back to the community out of the goodness of your heart when this is not the case, is just down-right dishonest.

DWH’s ‘£345,000 investment’ in the village has nothing to do with ‘building communities’ or having an affinity with the areas in which they build; it is just a feel good story for the “kick-off” of their publicity campaign for their new development.

What DWH conveniently fail to point out in their press release is that it’s just a contractually agreed financial obligation as part of the planning process, which requires them to part with money they would rather see on their bottom line.

The requirement for 2 sports pitches and associated education and infrastructure was triggered by the 600+ houses being built east of Roundstone Lane and additional 1,500+ people who will move to Angmering and require these additional services and infrastructure.

It’s NOT a hand out by DWH; nothing could be further from the truth. Ultimately this ‘contribution’ will be paid for by the purchasers of the new houses. It is based on a condition that has to be met between the developers/landowners east of Roundstone Lane and the sum quoted is DWH’s share of the 600 homes under their S106 agreement negotiated with Arun District Council before planning permission was given.

The sports pitches and associated car parking and changing facilities were originally to be located on the Roundstone Lane development The decision to provide these faculties off-site was the result of disagreement between developers as to which site east of Roundstone Lane was going to host them and therefore lose out by having to give-up land for sports facilities instead of being able to build houses on it.

The agreement states that the contribution is towards the acquisition of land within the village of Angmering. If it is not possible to acquire land within 10 years then it will be used to upgrade and maintain the existing sports pitches facilities at Palmer Road in the north of the village.

It would be interesting to know where these sports facilities are going to be placed in the village – presumably Angmering Parish Council already knows the answer to this question or at least has a good idea about the location. In the end it seems that the land will be somewhere else in the village but it certainly won’t be on any land east of Roundstone Lane because that would mean less houses could be built with the resultant loss of profits for the developers and less infrastructure money for Arun District Council.

Angmering has been vocal in its opposition to this large scale development, which has been “plonked” on the edge of the village against the wishes of both the Parish Council and the community.

This will no doubt be the start of a number of similar ‘Charm Offense’ press releases to community of Angmering and beyond as DWH ramp up their sales offensive over the next few months.
Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2015 :  17:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very informative LD. I assume that from your 3rd from last paragraph that APC may have some sort of idea as to the location and indeed if that is the case, aren't they duty bound to inform anyone who poses the question?

The gift of £345,000 is nothing more than a tax efficient way of "greasing the wheels" of the decision makers, who is he trying to kid. Personally I think that it paints an even more negative picture of DWH. What a load of Tosh Ian, corporate b/s at its very best you should be ashamed not pleased to have put that press release out.

Now, if David Wilson Homes' directors had personally made the gift from their personal taxed income without claiming any relief then they could use the word "give".

There is no need to purchase land - why cant the money be given to the rugby club to improve the facilities for all there? It's in the "village" ,access is already in place, it's flat, doesn't need much to make it more community focused if that is what is required and best of all there are numerous pitches already laid and a car park to boot. Of course it is also prime development land as well! so come on Ian Wallace be really altruistic and stop drinking the company coffee for a day and make a personal gift(I would suggest that you wake up and smell the flowers, but you are gradually concreting over them)that will make a difference in real terms, not one which is funded from pockets lined by greed.

Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  08:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
APC at their uncommunicative best!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  11:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
APC are currently working toward a new website, independent of the restrictive ADC model they currently use. Hopefully when in place, APC will be able to keep parishioners informed of things such as the location of DWH's "gift"!

Having said that, I have seen so many false dawns in the last 12-13 years over promises for a new website. A bit like Billy Bunter's postal order - always on the way but never arriving! In 2004, many councillors were against me establishing AVL because it would be covering areas they wished to utilise on their proposed new website!!!
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  17:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really looking forward to the Parish elections in May. I will definitely be voting for Neil, Derek and Luckyduck. They will sort out the Parish Council! Mind you I don't know what the rest of us will find to moan about.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  17:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We already have a role with the Parish Council, seagull.

At Government level, County Council level, and District Council level there are political opposition parties which try to control the excesses of the parties in power.

At Parish Council level, there is just a single body of councillors who can largely do what they like with little or no controls. It is the likes of a number of us on the Forums who need to watch out for periodic excesses and secrecy by the Parish Council, and to try to ensure that it retains its integrity. We could not do this as parish councillors. This is our role.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  18:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by seagull

Really looking forward to the Parish elections in May. I will definitely be voting for Neil, Derek and Luckyduck. They will sort out the Parish Council! Mind you I don't know what the rest of us will find to moan about.

Seagull, you can only vote for these people if they put themselves up for election. History shows that it is very rare to actually have enough candidates to necessitate an election. Fortunately, being on the outside means you have no party line to toe and no restrictions (except normal etiquette and law) on stating your opinion. Although I can't recall any allegencies ever stopping me.

And don't worry, someone will find something.
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  22:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah Neil, you mentioned Billy Bunter. How well a number of us will remember him. Reading this forum for a number of years a lot of contributors have likened dear old Bunter to various Councilors within Arun. This famous confrontation between Cherry and Bunter will explain:- Cherry...."What have you done with my oranges Fat Man?"(now, of course politically incorrect). Bunter....."I have not seen your oranges Cherry, I swear, honestly Cherry, I have not touched them.............. and anyway they were sour".
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2015 :  22:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A message from SAV follows.

The Blame Game!

So the fact that Arun are still losing planning appeals by developers is all the fault of the people in Angmering and the 5 villages, as well as Parish and Arun District Councillors, who dared to challenge the housing numbers in the Plan. See today’s article in The Bognor Observer by clicking on the following link - you'll love it.

http://www.bognor.co.uk/news/local/campaigners-anger-about-decisions-to-allow-housing-1-6600162

SAV appreciates that all the time we do not have an adopted Local Plan in place we are vulnerable to speculative planning applications. However, the blame isn’t all one way Cllr Bower. Who was responsible for allowing the Local Plan to elapse in 2011 and putting us all in this position in the first place?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2015 :  16:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At Full Council meeting of 11th March 2015, Arun District Council resolved to ‘make’ the Angmering Neighbourhood Development Plan amongst others.

This means that the Angmering Neighbourhood Development Plan has been brought into legal force, and forms part of the statutory Development Plan for those areas.

Now we just need to see if ADC planners take any notice of what the village does and does not want.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2015 :  09:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Not sure if you are tracking this page or not - it's well worth looking at. The Inspector is now starting to ask questions!

http://www.arun.gov.uk/local-plan-examination
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2015 :  09:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... also, I thought you might like to know that we have a new song in the villages of Barnham, Eastergate and Westergate, just needs a catchy tune - see if you can think of one! It seems quite appropriate for Angmering too! It goes like this:

Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mrs Brown
If You Think We’re On The Run?
We Are The Villagers Who Will Stop Your Little Game…
We Are The Villagers Who Will Make You Think Again
'Cause Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mrs Brown
If You Think Our Villages are Done?

Mr Bower Goes Off To Town
For Planning Appeal Twenty-One
But He Comes Home Each Evening
And again, He Has Not Won

(So Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mrs Brown
If You Think Our Villages are Done?)

So Watch Out Mrs Brown
You Have Met Your Match In Us
If You Think You Can Crush Us
We’re Afraid You’ve Missed The Bus
'Cause Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mrs Brown
If You Think Our Villages are Done?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2015 :  10:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Mr Bower by any chance have a small dark moustache, and a funny walk?
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2015 :  11:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice in the Littlehampton Gazette that Ford are happy for 700 homes to be built on the airfield. How many houses did Ricky Bower and his Tory colleagues propose there, in Arun's Local Plan - zero, despite plea's from other councillors. This could have saved swamping Angmering in unnecessary housing sites. So much for democracy, roll on the May elections. Ricky Bower must go!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  18:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me which of the Angmering Candidates for the Arun District Council election , irrespective of Party affiliation , deserves our Vote based on the recent Roundstone Lane Shennanigans as I am genuinely at a loss to find a single good point.
However PATRIOTISM IS ALWAYS SAID TO BE THE LAST REFUGE OF SCOUNDRELS.Not that is in anyway relevant.
So I am none the wiser.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2015 :  19:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We now know that the end of terrace Winton starter home on Swanboune Park costs £230,000. See http://assets.barratthomes.co.uk/PdfBrochures/H581901.pdf for brochure without prices . The 3-bedroom Hadley (detached) is c£350,000. The 4-bedroom Hurst is £407,000. The 4-bedwoom Layton is £470,000. If you want a 5-bedroom house there, it will no doubt cost over half a million.

How can young Angmering families afford a starter home costing nearly a quarter of a million pounds?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2015 :  19:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who said these were being built for Angmering people? ADC have made it clear we need to take in all their obligations, and all those townies who can afford to come down here and buy second homes. Housing in Arun is never about meeting local need, otherwise as you say Neil they would build vastly cheaper starter homes. But then if any government had any balls it would make the developers use their land banks that they bought cheap, to build on rather than claim new green fields, but then as they are all run by bean counters, new green fields are always more profitable than brown sites, and none of them care if they upset locals as none of the builders live locally to care. Lets hope the next development is on the doorstep of one of our councillors or their planning officers.
Go to Top of Page

Tinklebelle
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2015 :  22:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know.......Why is the northern section of Roundstone Lane being closed from 18-22 May next week ???? This village at school time and rush hour will be in a right old pickle !

Are they digging drains or making another roundabout ??

Tinklebelle
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2015 :  22:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.angmeringvillage.co.uk/news.htm
Go to Top of Page

lizh
Average Member

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2015 :  11:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree Tinklebell. It would have made far more sense to do this during the half term week when traffic is generally much lighter. Station road is going to be a nightmare at both ends of the day. Lets hope those who can walk do to help things.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000