Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 1)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 11

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  12:10:54  Show Profile
Regarding the Civil Engineering Practice's "Response to WSCC Strategic Planning Consultation Comments dated 6 September 2012" on behalf of Barratts, any data of traffic movements (much of it disputed anyway) which was collected in February/March this year, is now significantly out of date. Since that time, as we all know, there has been a massive increase in traffic along the A259, the A280, and through the village as a result of the opening of Haskins, ASDA, and now Hobbycraft!
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  13:28:27  Show Profile
Is it too much to hope that the additional traffic chaos caused by the enlarged Haskins plus the building of Asda and Hobbycraft on the A259 will be taken into account when Barratts planning application is heard by ADC?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  13:48:35  Show Profile
Latest I have heard is that WSCC Highways are now looking at all of the roads and traffic around here - doesn't mean though that they will make any sensible decisions - just that they are looking at it. If all these developments were to go ahead, then maybe their view is that the developers would contribute enough to resolve all the traffic issues - it must be fun to live in cuckoo land!
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  14:34:37  Show Profile
Whilst trawling through the documents of the Barratt's application, on ADCs website, I came across a very strong letter of objection to the application penned by Barton Wilmore the agents acting for VHB Nurseries (West End Property LLP) on their application. Another interesting read and just goes to show there is no honour amongst thieves!! Needless to say they were suggesting that their site was much more appropriate for development than the Barratt’s site!! No surprises there then.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2012 :  16:40:28  Show Profile
Would those who have not already done so, please send an objection to the VHB site planning application.
The closing date is the 27th December.

Keep an eye out for the planning application for Pound Nursery, as it may be sneaked out during the
Christmas holiday. Would they be so underhand ?.

Out this morning (8>9am) with a small group of SAV stalwarts to monitor and photograph traffic movements
at the junction of Roundstone Lane and the A259.

Nick Herbert has been active in promoting that,although additional housing is needed, infrastructure should
be in place before planning applications are are acceptable.
(Twitter-Telegraph article and Parliamentary debate-Hansard)

A very happy Christmas and prosperous new year to all involved and participating in AVL
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  19:32:17  Show Profile
How depressing and just before Christmas too. In preparing my objection letter to the application I came across this document written by Andy Elder, ADC Housing Strategy and Enabling Manager. It would seem we are the victims of living in the village we love with 178 people on the ADC housing register also wanting to live in Angmering – or are these ‘massaged’ figures to support large scale housing projects in our village? I wouldn’t put it past Tricky Ricky Bower and his cronies at ADC.

PLANNING REF: A/122/12/ - West End Nursery, Roundstone Lane Angmering
14 December 2012

Arun District Council Housing Strategy – Raise the Roof
Developers should be familiar with, and take into account; the Council’s housing strategy when making residential planning applications. Raise the Roof is the Council’s community led housing strategy for 2010 – 2015, a copy of the strategy can be found on the Council’s web site at www.arun.gov.uk .The main purpose of the housing strategy is to provide a framework and evidence base for all the housing related activities undertaken by the Council and its partners. It is important that developers appreciate that the provision of affordable housing is just one aspect of planning for a genuinely sustainable community. Therefore affordable housing considerations need to be central to the overall planning application process.

Council’s Affordable Housing Policy
The applicants have adhered to the Council’s Interim Affordable Housing Policy adopted on 18 August 2010. This requires for developments of 15 or more units an affordable housing provision of 30% should be required of developments, which for this application translates to 59 affordable homes which are to be included on-site on this scheme.

I would ideally want to see a tenure split on the affordable housing mix of around 80% rented and 20% shared ownership.

Housing need
There is a high requirement for affordable housing in the area with 178 applicants on the Council’s housing register selecting Angmering as their first choice area for housing, of which 75 are in housing need.

The relative level of housing need for the 178 applicants is as follows;
Band A (highest level of housing need) – 7 households
Band B – 10 households
Band C – 58 households
Band D – (not in housing need) – 103 households

Deliverability
The applicants have discussed this application with me however at this stage no Registered Partner has been identified for the affordable housing. The Homes and Communities Agency Housing Programme 2011-15 concludes in March 2015. An absolute condition of the programme is that all affordable homes must be completed by March 2015; this is regardless of whether any grant is being claimed for the dwellings.

Summary
I support this application subject to the comments set out in this response.

Unquote.

Have now submitted my objection letter.

May I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a peaceful, prosperous 2013
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  18:53:59  Show Profile
Hi all

It is rumoured that residents from the eastern side of the river are marching on Arun next week (Wednesday?). I suspect, but don't know, that the issue may be the Windmill Theatre.

There are many different issues/causes at the moment across the district - but one main problem that we all have in common - Arun District Council.

Does anyone know any details and, if so, are there any plans for others to lend some support?
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  19:45:01  Show Profile
It is becoming increasingly clear that there are many different issues across the district, all with one common problem – Arun District Council.

Arun has governed in a divide and rule manner for many years but now the people of Arun are starting to recognise the need to support each other in order to defeat Arun District Council.

On Wednesday 16th March there is to be a march in Littlehampton leaving the swimming pool at 10.45, walking to the Windmill Theatre for photos about 11.15 a.m. and on to Arun’s offices for an 11.30 a.m. rally. The Millennium chamber in the Manor House nearby has been booked from 12 noon until 1.00 p.m. for an update on all aspects of the campaign and coffee.

Arun will only be defeated if everyone works together to expose the badly flawed plans of Councillor Mrs Brown and her never questioning councillors. If anyone can spare the time they should go over and lend their support. Bognor Regis Civic Society and the Villages Action Group have asked their members to lend their support.

Only if we all work together will we win!

Arun’s councillors seem determined to destroy many things in pursuit of their Local Plan and Leisure Strategy, for instance:

•The popular Windmill Theatre in Littlehampton – to be closed to save money?
•The bowling green and tennis courts at Swansea Gardens in Bognor Regis – to be destroyed for housing?
•The Picturedrome cinema – to be destroyed for flats and a multiplex on the Regis Centre site?
•The centuries old villages of Barnham, Eastergate and Westergate to be destroyed for housing?
•The beautiful village of Angmering to be destroyed for yet more housing?
•An existing viable employment site at Angmering (160 jobs?) to be closed so that the site can be used for housing?
•An existing viable employment site at North Littlehampton (200 jobs?) to be closed so that the site can be used for housing?

There is however one thing that Arun remain absolutely determined to preserve, no matter what, and that is Ford Airfield!!
We can only wonder why Arun’s councillors see the brownfield site at Ford as more valuable than all of the things listed above.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  14:39:03  Show Profile
The snow has had a positive effect.
I've just completed and sent my objection,to planning application A/135/12,
for the proposed development at Pound Nursery.
Would all those who intend to object please do so by 7th February 2013.
I know,from talking to my neighbors,that it appears that we are under constant pressure.
The developers have a large machine to attempt to bulldoze their plans through against legitimate
local opposition.
Lets make sure they do not succeed by sending as many objections as possible.
Go to Top of Page

doug

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  17:50:08  Show Profile
Another sad slip of democracy or democracy as the lay man perceives it I would suggest the PR is the spinning of a done deal the softening of the locals by big business
One : really as a business do you buy land at development prices if the way is not all ready lit?
Two : public consultation and pr are tax deductible for the developer just a normal costing.
Three : I'm sorry but those in high places see fit to rule rather than represent and us commons are a hindrance to big profit
The deals are done in quiet corners by fellows with no consideration other than profits the rest of the Arun to Worthing a259 corridor is a done deal mark my words
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2013 :  09:43:46  Show Profile
To all those who feel it is a 'done deal', and by possible inference suggesting there is no point objecting. If you don't object, then the possibility of development increases enormously. So, if apathy is creeping up on you, and goodness knows there's enough of that in Angmering, resist it at all cost! What have you got to lose?
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2013 :  20:20:13  Show Profile
What have you got to lose?

We will lose valuable green space to the East of the village of Angmering which will thus cease to exist as a village. We will just become an extension of Worthing along the A259.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  10:51:53  Show Profile
Has anyone seen the leaflet on the retail park opposite Virgin Active and the GOlf Club. Is this widespread knowledge? Apparently there is a consultation at Angmering Village Hall Tues 5th Feb 8pm
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  11:42:55  Show Profile
Who is calling the consultation, developers, ADC or APC?

quote:
Originally posted by luckyduck

Has anyone seen the leaflet on the retail park opposite Virgin Active and the GOlf Club. Is this widespread knowledge? Apparently there is a consultation at Angmering Village Hall Tues 5th Feb 8pm

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  11:58:12  Show Profile
See the article posted today to the AVL News page for further information.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  15:46:06  Show Profile
Thanks Neil

I am surprised the area even comes under the Angmering Village umbrella
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  16:14:50  Show Profile
The following link will take you to the web site :

www.newroadretailpark.co,uk

Now we know why Chandlers could not consider this site for their relocation.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  16:20:41  Show Profile
Whoops

Link will not connect from AVL.

Type the link ito your browser
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  16:26:57  Show Profile
Bluebell, you had a comma after "co". This should work:
www.newroadretailpark.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  16:27:09  Show Profile
Try

www.newroadretailpark.co.uk

I put a comma instead of a full stop.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  16:29:08  Show Profile
Yes that works.
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  23:12:35  Show Profile
I agree Angmering is fast moving towards being a suburb of Worthing if developement continues as it appears to be how long will it be before the whole of the coastal area between Brighton and Bognor becomes one big District/City Council?

Is not about time the planners at ADC listened to the views of the residents of Angmering and it's parish council? What are our district councillors saying; are they supporting us and objecting?

A lot of us did not retire to suburbia we retired to a village which is fast disappearing!

Richard Hance

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

compost
Advanced Member

265 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  14:11:21  Show Profile
The land in question is not currently "used" for anything. No one walks there, picnics there, plays there. I see no reason why the development would not fit in there.
Before all the shouting about the area becoming a block from Dover to Lands End, think about the alternatives. Development will go ahead at some point, in some place, so is it not better to use land that is not used!!!. May be I am missing some point - development and greater employment in the area leads to higher salaries across the work place, the more opportunities for people to find employment - employers pay more to retain staff.
I am a conservationist and love all aspects of wildlife and the surrounding area - but not blinkered in the fact that progress has to be allowed to happen at some stage.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  17:27:52  Show Profile
I think it may be very difficult to oppose the proposed retail park as the site already has planning permission for 4 large car showrooms and workshops which would probably employ 100-200 staff. The entrance on the bridge has already been approved and ADC already recognises through its previous planning permission that there would probably be many hundreds of vehicle movements on and off the site each day.

All the site needs, therefore, is change of usage.

Any guesses who the national chain "anchor" store would be?
Go to Top of Page

GreenFields
Average Member

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  17:53:43  Show Profile
I agree that local jobs are important but my issue will be the impact this could have on the small local shops in Rustington and surrounding area. At a time when many high streets are really struggling, we should be looking for companies who are willing to invest to revamp the High Streets.

If we do need these large stores then I'd prefer to see them along the A27 instead of this stretch of the A259.

Edited by - GreenFields on 31 Jan 2013 17:56:53
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  18:03:24  Show Profile
B&Q to anchor and McDonalds for restaurant ?
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  18:04:46  Show Profile
Or Dunelm.
Go to Top of Page

angmeringpaul

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  23:07:28  Show Profile
Maybe its a sign of the times but is McDonalds really now regarded as a restaurant?
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  05:50:34  Show Profile
It would be nice to think it would be a bit more upmarket than McDonalds.......say TGI Fridays...but you are probably right with McDonalds.

B & Q probably
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  11:06:15  Show Profile
From ADC’s grand plan to attract more wealth making opportunities, a retail park does not fit well with their vision of welcoming ‘higher level businesses’, (to use a term Tricky Ricky Bower uses when categorising the types of business’ ADC needs to attract to the area).

A retail park would certainly provide welcome employment opportunities but could not offer the types of wages that would enable people to buy the 3, 4 and 5 bedroom houses that are the subject of several well-known recent planning applications in Angmering.

Of course there would be the problem of the A259 and how this additional development would burden this road even further. And why there appears to be a need for yet another food retailer beggars belief, and unit 6 on the plan has to be a fast food outlet – looks like a ‘drive through’ outlet because you can drive your car all the way around it!! McDonald’s innit!!
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  11:44:15  Show Profile
May I suggest, it is not worth getting too carried away with the Retail Park opposite the Rustington Golf Centre, at the moment. As Neil has already commented, above, planning consent is already in place for this.

In the short term, residents of Angmering may wish to concentrate their attention on the number of planning applications on and around the Roundstone Lane area. The latest of which is the smaller but no less important, possible more important, because it could set a precedent, of the application A/135/12 at Pound Nursery, as mentioned in some of the comments above.

It would appear there was great interest in sending in objection letters and emails to ADC for the initial application, by Barratts. The second application ( can't recall which developer)...had a smaller number of objections, and this third application (A/135/12) has I understand, had an even smaller number of letters and emails.

I would suggest there was no point in sending the initial objections if residents are not going to maintain their active objection. I appreciate it takes a few minutes to type out the letter/email, but the pressure from us residents must be maintained. One of the issues in the favour of the developers, is that they know and expect interest to reduce. Hence this current smaller application is so important.

May I suggest any resident who has not so far sent in the objection to ADC, take a few minutes to do so. Objections have to be in at ADC by 7th Feb, so only a few more days left. Details above and on save angmering website, and get your neighbours to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  14:55:13  Show Profile
Agree with the post from Bert.

Please object to planning application A/135/12 at Pound Nursery.

This could be the application to open the floodgates to development to all the
land to the east of Roundstone Lane.

Regarding the Chandlers relocation.
The firm has outgrown the present village site.
I can appreciate the financial logic to build houses on the vacated site.
I do not support the move to the proposed green field site.

Go to Top of Page

Tinklebelle
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  22:58:40  Show Profile
Today 'American Golf' have taken over Rustington Golf Centre - the price of a set of clubs in which my husband was interested rose £130 overnight !!!! Their (A-G) nearest Branch is near Shoreham Airport.

Tinklebelle
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  11:58:32  Show Profile
It's rumoured that a recent meeting was held between Arun District Council and developers at which they discussed the means by which development applications stood a better chance of being successful. Apparently,such meetings are not unusual, but they would appear to be favouring the developers and erosion of the balance which should exist where two parties - developers and the local community- hold opposing views.

As Save Angmering have posted in their latest Newsletter, there is every reason to get angry. Angmering must not be seen as a 'soft touch' or worse, duped by highly questionable practice. That's why it is important to post your objections and make your views known.

For an insight into the vagaries of the planning process, watch the BBC2 series 'The Planners' on Thursday at 8pm.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  16:38:15  Show Profile
here is the link to the latest 'how to object' from SAV - http://www.saveangmering.co.uk/?page_id=562
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  12:38:16  Show Profile
The small Retail Park to the west of the Railway Bridge could be useful, especially if a DIY store is included. I would continue to shop in Rustington anyway. This is not Angmering surely? There are other much bigger proposals to object to locally.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  13:03:54  Show Profile
It certainly is in Angmering!
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  20:20:39  Show Profile
The planning application for the houses on the Chandlers village site is on the Arun website.
The number is A/15/13/

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  21:35:57  Show Profile
No provision has been made for car parking for people shopping in the village. APC should insist on this. They have been aware that, for years, some villagers have told them that this should be made a pre-condition for any development of the Chandlers site.

The houses facing The Square are unsympathetic to the Conservation Area. These must be faced with materials used throughout the Conservation Area - namely flint and brick.

I'm pleased to see that 2 one-bedroom flats have been proposed in the "affordable" housing - 7 dwellings are "affordable" and the rest "private".

This planning application has not yet been advertised and no doubt this will be done next week. Chandlers must be confident that they will get planning permission for their proposed site at Roundstone Farm!
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  06:12:28  Show Profile
I can't help but wonder, with all these recent planning applications for houses and retail developments, just how many (or all) of this has been orchestrated via the tradesman's entrance down at Animal Farm (ADC) without due consideration for the Neighborhood Development Plan (NDP). Is the NDP still alive and kicking? Last update on the APC website was 12 June 2012. Can ADC really ignore what's going on at grass roots level in our communities?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000