Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 1)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 11

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  15:41:27  Show Profile
Please show your gratitude to SAV by just spreading the word about them, get people to donate, join the email list, and generally actively support SAV - they are all volunteers, and any funding is from villagers donations. They are likely to incur more costs with any other developer's ideas to encroach on our village, so they need all the help we can give them.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2012 :  19:22:14  Show Profile
Please spread the word - the planners representing the VHB site have just published this information:
As part of the pre application public consultation process we are seeking the views of local residents and stakeholders.
Public Exhibition details:
1st Exhibition
Saturday 13th October 2012 10:00 – 16:00
Angmering Village Hall, Station Road, Angmering

2nd Exhibition
Saturday 27th October 2012 12:30 – 18:30
Angmering Community Centre, Foxwood Avenue, Angmering

A leaflet will be distributed to all households in Angmering later this week inviting them to attend our event.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  14:13:25  Show Profile
To the Village Hall this morning for the VHB site exhibition.
This is just going through the motions of public consultation.
Nothing new except vague carrot dangling indications of a possible new primary school!, traffic calming and flood prevention measures.Nothing that we have not seen or heard before.
My response to this is the same as the Barretts application.
Read my lips
NO MORE LARGE SCALE DEVELOPMENTS.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  16:46:00  Show Profile
For those planning to attend APC Meeting next Monday please be aware it will be at Worthing Rugby Club which can only noticed by visiting their website.
Crafty move to limit attendance by the Public?
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  00:18:17  Show Profile
They are surely anticipating a large attendance that the village hall cannot cope with and it woud be really good if they could anticipate the same for any/every general meeting.

The info is in their window, they have a phone and they are aware that SAV have it on their website and have informed their members, I think they have also put it on the notice board by the co-op.

But they have failed to have light planes fly over the village trailing banners.

Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  12:10:01  Show Profile
Very fair comment...BFA...I think most, possibly not all, who would like to attend the meeting, were aware of the venue, and I thought Mr Growser's comment was unnecessary.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  12:01:40  Show Profile
When 600+ houses were built a few years' ago on Bramley Green, WS County Council said that these were insufficient to justify a new Primary school. With another 700 proposed for east of Roundstone Lane, we heard at Monday night's Parish Council meeting that these were also insufficient to justify a new Primary school according to WSCC. A new school would cost around £6 million.

It was therefore with some disbelief that when I read this week's West Sussex Gazette, I saw that WSCC has agreed to build a new school at Barns Green in an arrangement with Berkeley Homes. Berkeley Homes will only be building 69 new dwellings at Barns Green, 41% of which will be one or two bedroom properties - obviously low cost and a low margin for Berkeley Homes.

You can read the whole article at:
http://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/news/local/dozens-of-new-homes-and-school-for-barns-green-1-4348653

The conclusion must be that WSCC are funding a considerable part of the new school on the basis of just 69 new houses, many of which will not even have Primary school aged children living in them.

The justification for this is that the new school will benefit from the savings to be made by operating from a single site as well as enjoying all the advantages of a brand new state of the art building and facilities, although the headteacher is responsible for both the current Primary and Infant schools in separate locations. The existing Junior school is currently located about 1000 yards away from Barns Green in the adjoining village of Itchingfield - no further than Bramley Green is to St Margaret's Primary School!

Is it just me, or is there something wrong here?
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  15:05:33  Show Profile
Below is part of response from WSCC re the Arun Local Plan in which they indicate further 123 Primary School places would be required.

That is probably about 4 off ""Classes"" which I am sure neither local Primary School could absorb, or has the availability for further expansion to absorb.

Policy SP8: Angmering

Development in this location will need to be connected to the existing pedestrian
and cycle network to provide links to the village centre, Angmering rail station
and other local services. Further transport modelling and assessment will need
to be undertaken to assess the impact of a preferred development scenario.
Improvements to the A259 would be subject to the outcome of a study which
WSCC is currently commissioning. This study will be undertaken to develop
solutions that can at least be funded in part by development identified through
the Local Plan. Crossing facilities for pedestrians and cyclists across the A259 will
also be considered.
For education infrastructure, the last bullet point should be consistent with those
for Barnham / Eastergate / Westergate as proposed above. The word ‘resolve’ is
not appropriate.
Development of this scale in this locality would require provision of the following
education infrastructure:
• Early Years (0 – 4): Financial contributions towards the provision of
approximately 13 additional early years places within the locality.
• Primary Sector (4 – 11): Financial contributions towards the provision of
approximately 123 additional primary school places within the locality.
- 6 -
• Secondary Sector (11 – 16): Financial contributions towards the provision
of approximately 88 additional secondary school places within the locality.

Youth Services (16 – 18): Financial contributions towards expanding local
provision for an additional 34 pupils.

http://objectionstoarunslocalplan.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/arun-local-plan-consultation-_reg-18_-wscc-response.pdf

Edited by - roosterbri on 18 Oct 2012 15:09:36
Go to Top of Page

BOTFOJ

Kyrgyzstan
161 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  11:18:25  Show Profile
St Wilfrids could potentially go to a full 30 per year entry by the building of another 3 classrooms, any more expansion at St Margarets would be lunacy, I'm still wondering where the £1000 school construction levy I paid when I moved into BG actually went
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  22:07:48  Show Profile
I have just read a rather depressing report from the Chairman of Barnham PC following his visit to the ADC Call-in meeting for ADC Local Plan consultancy. It can be found at:
http://barnham.arun.gov.uk/main.cfm?TYPE=CHAIRMANSBLOG.

It seems from the BPC chairman that quote "there is absolutely no interest in or regard for the Neighborhood Plan initiatives, either by the Local Plan team (no surprise) or by the rank and file Councillors making up the “jury”. They are not only not interested, but the NPs are irrelevant to their considerations", unquote.

It would appear that Ricky Bower and Simon Meacham have the ADC Councillors well and truly under their control.

Mr Bower, for whom I have a great deal of personal mistrust, it seems is speaking with forked tongue. In an interview with Spirit FM earlier this year promoting the Local Plan, he stated:

Getting the Local Plan right is so important because it is the basis upon which Councilors will make decisions about planning applications and developments across the district.

This consultation is an important opportunity for communities and local businesses, and anyone else that has an interest in Arun, to influence how their community will develop over the next 14 years.

I would strongly encourage everyone to have a look at the proposals and submit their comments and ideas to the Council.”
Unquote.

His statement is congruent with the Government’s vision.

Any hope, therefore, that any decision made by the planning decision makers in regard to planning applications will be "influence-led" rather than "policy-led" as is so often the case in the planning process, are somewhat forlorn to say the very least.

By the way - does anybody know if any APC representatives attended this meeting and if they did, what was their contribution?

So where do we go from here, particularly in regard to reigning in these two megalomaniacs - messers RB and SM?
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  10:22:59  Show Profile
Looks like someone is quick off the mark - that page is showing as "withdrawn for editing". Draw your own conclusions as it falls under Arun.gov.uk.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  11:05:31  Show Profile
And here's another interesting article which is worth looking at - (I don't think this will be 'removed for editing' since it is not controlled by ADC)which again and inevitably involves Cllr R Bower!!
whilst this particular article relates to another part of the ADC Local Plan, it does in my opinion, bring into question the credibility of the plan and whether any of it can be delivered in it's current form.

Go to: http://objectionstoarunslocalplan.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/6-million-loan-withdrawn/#comments
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  11:44:39  Show Profile
Barnham PC website is now up and running again.

Former District Councillor Tony Dixon's consultation response to the draft Local Plan makes interesting reading and can been seen at:

http://objectionstoarunslocalplan.wordpress.com/2012/09/02/consultation-submission-by-former-district-councillor-tony-dixon/

Here is just one extract:
quote:
Councillor Bower sought to create a climate in which local residents would be afraid to speak freely in favour of a new settlement for fear of public censure.

Councillor Bower subsequently provided a full written apology for his comments to both Aldingbourne Parish Council and Cllr. Mrs Briggs.

See Appendix 3 – Cllr. Bower statement to Aldingbourne Parish Council 16.11.08

See Appendix 4 – Cllr Bower apology to Cllr Mrs Briggs 16.11.08

Cllr. Bower also resigned as Chairman of the LDF sub-committee because his impartiality was compromised – this was reported in the Bognor Observer on December 18th 2008. A spokeswoman for Arun District Council stated: “The Local development framework is a complicated process and the council must remain impartial at all times. Cllr. Bower’s decision to stand down is appropriate given the circumstances.”

Councillor Bower was swiftly reinstated as Chairman of the LDF sub-committee, as if nothing had happened, and continues in office as Cabinet Member for Planning – as a result the impartiality of the Council remains in question and his attack on the people of Aldingbourne remains a material consideration.

But how much longer must we be subjected to the machinations of the discredited Cllr Ricky Bower - he seems to live a charmed life!
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  15:33:53  Show Profile
Councillor Bower, the Cabinet Member for Planning can always be relied upon to come up with some classic quotes.

At the meeting of the Local Plan Sub Committee on 4th October he said

“We must build the evidence base that supports our argument”.

This was merely confirmation of what we already know – that the draft Local Plan is not evidence based and that the evidence is being created to "fit" a pre determined "argument".

None of the councillors present challenged this - presumably they are willing participants in this approach.

The other thing of note at this meeting was that two councillors (Nash and McDougall) suggested that the council should reconsider Ford Airfield.

This was airbrushed from the minutes as if it didn't happen.

The minutes are not an accurate representation of the meeting!

Fortunately, it was reported in the Littehampton Gazette so there is at least a public record.

It will be interesting to read the minutes of last Wednesday's Full Council to see if this was challenged.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  18:12:17  Show Profile
Nick Herbert's response to the Draft Local Plan now available on the SAV website:

http://www.saveangmering.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Nick-herbert-letter.pdf
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  18:05:38  Show Profile
A recent application to build 9 flats in East Preston, (see article in the Littlehampton Gazette (28 October 2012) entitled, 'Plans for East Preston flats thrown out') was as reported by the Gazette, quote "thrown out by Arun District Council’s development control committee who voted unanimously to refuse planning permission for the “unwanted and unnecessary” development, in Sea Road." The development comprised of 9 flats. Unquote.

It's hardly surprising it was thrown out since who is a local East Preston Councillor? None other than our old friend Cllr 'Tricky' Ricky Bower who was reported to have said, that he believed approving the application would lead to an over-development of the village.

Pardon me? Is this the Councillor who is leading the people of Arun into the abyss with his local plan to blight much smaller and prettier villages than East Preston (no offense to residents of East Preston intended) with much larger and unsustainable developments that his plan simply cannot and does not justify.

He told the committee: “This whole application was a mistake. The developers should go away and think about it again". Is that a euphemism for "come back later and make us a better offer"?

By the way the flats were to be built on a brown field site currently an existing commercial unit.

And my goodness me, Mr Mathias (not sure who he is) said at the same meeting “The developers have provided nine flats with nine parking spaces,. But there are a total of 15 double bedrooms which could easily mean 15 cars". Shock horror, 15 more cars in East Preston. Next thing you know someone will be putting in an application to build a petrol station in the village. I never new there was a correlation between the number of double bedrooms and the number of cars in a community. Interesting.

Well why should the residents of East Preston have to put up with an additional 9 flats when there are plenty of other more suitable locations in the area where hundreds of houses and flats can be built apparently without a hint of over-development?

Come on Ricky, put us all out of our misery and resign, and go doing whatever it is you do somewhere else and take the leader of the ADC with you - please.

Edited by - Robinf on 05 Nov 2012 17:13:04
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  20:43:05  Show Profile
Well, well, whatever next? Perhaps the developers (whoever they might be) will be guided to take a close look at the possible vacant site in Angmering once Chandlers depart?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  15:48:10  Show Profile
Monday, and total chaos - traffic queues everywhere now Asda has opened - it is a pity the planning authority only take notice of the traffic management experts, who all seem to have degrees in how to make a mess of anything they touch. Why don't they just listen to local people who use common sense and can see what chaos will be caused by not only Asda, but any other major development on the A259 or roads off it, such as any major housing in Roundstone Lane.
Go to Top of Page

BOTFOJ

Kyrgyzstan
161 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  12:24:02  Show Profile
if I'm routing from the east of Angmering A259 (say Goring) to Rustington, any time during an ASDA peak time, my route is now Titnore lane>Angmering Village>A259 avoiding both a dual carriageway and a bypass in order to achieve the swiftest route. Just goes to show how absurd it has become round here.

Edited by - BOTFOJ on 12 Nov 2012 12:24:32
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2012 :  07:28:36  Show Profile
Take outside lane approaching the roundabout at bottom of By-Pass, go once round the roundabout and continue on A259 as usual. No sillier!
Go to Top of Page

lindylou
Average Member

49 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2012 :  09:55:44  Show Profile
Or, as many do, take the outside lane and go straight ahead effectively blocking the way for anyone wanting to turn right up the bypass.Don't tell me that everyone who does that are not local and unaware the exit to continue on the A259 is only one lane
Go to Top of Page

BOTFOJ

Kyrgyzstan
161 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  15:55:56  Show Profile
Also noticed heading east, the single carriageway part of the A259 was consistently solid past Angmering all weekend, even worse than usual, presumably the amount of people leaving Asda and going all the way round to go back to Worthing was having an impact on peoples ability to pull out. Me? I scooted right towards Angmering Station and drove (considerately ) via Downsway and the Old Worthing Road and did some assertive pulling out at the roundabout.

I'm sure the planners took it all into account.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  07:33:32  Show Profile
Why, if they were going back to Worthing, would they be on the single carriageway stretch? Wouldn't they just go round the By-Pass roundabout?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  09:22:05  Show Profile
Think that what BOTFOJ was saying is that the volume of cars now going back round the roundabout to Worthing is preventing cars from easily exiting the single carriageway past Haskins and creating a build-up of traffic going back to the Roundstone, or even further.

This will also make life much more difficult for cars coming down the A280 to the roundabout which want to turn to the west.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  09:23:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by derekdainton

Why, if they were going back to Worthing, would they be on the single carriageway stretch? Wouldn't they just go round the By-Pass roundabout?

As the man says....they were using the bypass roundabout..... and thereby creating more traffic around the roundabout and slowing access on to the roundabout by eastbound traffic using the single carriageway. Phew!!!!!

Edited by - roosterbri on 15 Nov 2012 09:26:45
Go to Top of Page

lindylou
Average Member

49 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  15:01:16  Show Profile
Add to that, customers and staff leaving from and entering on to the roundabout if the new BMW site is approved !!
Go to Top of Page

charlie
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  15:47:40  Show Profile
We moved to Angmering 14 years ago,for all its traffic problems I still love living here in a lovely village,yes it drives me mad but it is still a very nice place to be.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  18:01:05  Show Profile
The planning application for the West End Nursery Site has gone in. Look on the Arun weekly plans list under Angmering using 16.11.12 to get to the documents.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2012 :  13:31:12  Show Profile
In an e-mail from SAV today they say that:
"The decision on the application has been delayed and will not be made by the Development Control Committee of Arun District Council in December. It will very probably be on 16th January 2013. SAV is looking to make formal representations on this occasion and would welcome your support at the public meeting at Arun Civic Centre in Littlehampton that starts at 2:30pm."

Can anyone throw any light on who made the decision and why the decision has been delayed?
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2012 :  15:09:01  Show Profile
In order that there is clarity in respect of the above comments from Robinf and Bluebell...

The new date for Arun DC Development Control Committee to hear the Barratts Application..A/82/12, is probably (but not confirmed) on 16th January 2013.

The application for Planning consent by West End Property on land at VHB Nursery, Roundstone Lane, ( A/122/12 ) has recently been submitted to ADC. Letters of objection (or support) to ADC must be received by 27th December 2012.

Each planning application is a seperate entity and each has to be dealt with on its individual merits. It is important therefore that seperate letters of objection are sent in to ADC for each application.

So, now is the time to send in letters/emails re the West End/VHB Nursery site for appl. A/122/12.

The reasons to object are much the same as objections already sent in for the Barratts application.

It is very important that letters/emails are sent in for each application.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  13:18:36  Show Profile
Just to reinforce the point made by Bert.
I have already sent an objection to the Barrett application but
will also send a similar objection to the VHB application but adding the point about loss of employment on the site.
Does anyone know the exact number employed at the VHB site.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  14:56:06  Show Profile
VHB employes about 230 full time employees at their two sites, West End (16 acres) and Runcton (34 acres). Their website gives no clues as to the split in terms of employees at each site. Presumably there are also part time employees at each site too.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  23:06:49  Show Profile
The Angmering facility employs 85 staff, mainly on a full-time basis. Seasonal labour adds a further 15 to 20 part-time staff throughout the year.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  17:28:28  Show Profile
Barratt's application.

The decision has been delayed because, according to the ADC case officer, Peter Cleveland:
I as the case officer dealing with this application have made the decision not to bring the application to a Committee prior to the Christmas break as technical information remains outstanding on the application. Until such information is submitted I am not able to make a comprehensive recommendation to the committee as required.
Unquote.

Standard machine generated reply. It's like getting blood out of a stone to get these folk to provide specific information.

quote:
Originally posted by Robinf

"The decision on the application has been delayed and will not be made by the Development Control Committee of Arun District Council in December. It will very probably be on 16th January 2013. SAV is looking to make formal representations on this occasion and would welcome your support at the public meeting at Arun Civic Centre in Littlehampton that starts at 2:30pm."

Can anyone throw any light on who made the decision and why the decision has been delayed?

Edited by - Robinf on 04 Dec 2012 17:29:20
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  10:18:59  Show Profile
The latest SAV email newsletter alerts us to another potential planning application:
quote:
SAV have now been contacted by another Planning Consultant informing us that
a third application for 38 houses east of Roundstone Lane- on the land which was Pound Nursery (between Pound House and the Rugby Club)- is to be submitted to ADC in December.

There won't be a public consultation as with the other developments.

This land was part of the original David Wilson/Barratt's plan and it was believed that they had contracted an "Option to Purchase" with the owners of the land.

Is this latest move just Barratts/David Wilson trying to increase their present application of 150 homes by perhaps using a consultant or subsidiary company to submit a new planning application. I doubt if they will be happy until they get permission to build the originally intended 301 homes on the blocks of land on which they have got options to purchase!

These companies have no qualms about destroying communities as long as they make profits. Unfortunately, this government is increasingly supporting them.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  13:56:52  Show Profile
Did anyone reasonably think that Barratts would just halve their application and accept smaller profits. These are ruthless companies, and as Neil says are just out to maximaise profits and exploit weak communities. All the more reason for Arun to receive every possible objection to any of these plans.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  10:09:54  Show Profile
The delay concerns additional information requested by WSCC in regard to a number of issues including:
• Traffic impact (including TRICS analysis)
• Road Safety Audit
• Design Audit
• Sustainable access
• Internal layout
• Travel Plan
• S106 contributions
• Drainage
Given that the proposal is a full application all points raised will need to be satisfactorily answered in advance of any further report being issued by the Highway Authority to the Local Planning Authority.
Unquote.
The document is dated 30 November 2012 and posted by ADC on the 4 December 2012.
It's a pretty dry piece of work but is worth reading, assuming of course that it is possible to understand the myriad of acronyms that are used. The document, along with other contributions regarding the application can be found on the ADC website under: http://www1.arun.gov.uk/planrec/session/MedrecSub.cfm?tpCall=1&user_key_1=A/82/12/&username=PLANPORTAL&user_key_1

However, and as we are all aware, this is just one application and in isolation (and as far as I can tell),does not take into consideration any further planning applications (which is fair enough) and the combined effect of these on the overall impact on the community and community infrastructure.
Therefore any rational decision to be taken by ADC in regard to the Barratt’s application, must surely now be considered in relation to other applications to determine the overall long term impact and the infrastructure required to support such expansion. Then there is of course the additional consideration of the ADC Draft Local Plan (DLP) and how this all fits into that – which of course it doesn’t by a country mile, since the DLP is fundamentally flawed in the first place.
So it would seem that applications are being thrown at ADC in the hope that one will stick and get the thumbs up after which ‘strategy creep’ will conveniently set in and other developments will be approved on a piecemeal basis.
What ever happened to the much vaunted localism act and neighbourhood development plans? Are these now dead in the water?

quote:

Barratt's application.

The decision has been delayed because, according to the ADC case officer, Peter Cleveland:
I as the case officer dealing with this application have made the decision not to bring the application to a Committee prior to the Christmas break as technical information remains outstanding on the application. Until such information is submitted I am not able to make a comprehensive recommendation to the committee as required.
Unquote.

Standard machine generated reply. It's like getting blood out of a stone to get these folk to provide specific information.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  10:18:54  Show Profile
Robinf, the link you give is session related to an individual and will not work when others click on it.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  11:30:50  Show Profile
Niel - thanks for the heads up.

The place to look is in the Planning Applications section of ADC website (ref: A/82/12) under 'Documents' and look for documents dated 4th December 2012 with description 'WSCC Strategic response'.

This one may work although I'm not sure if it will also time out.

http://www.arun.gov.uk/planrec/index.cfm?tpURL1=cWZTEtC1C8tcUQ2CNgsPSiyD98i2tlBDWjrJck3dcLOYXUP0lIEQdeHfOET99gfTcG9nOWHjxyi

]Originally posted by neil

Robinf, the link you give is session related to an individual and will not work when others click on it.
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  11:50:52  Show Profile
Regarding the proposed Luken Beck application for 38 dwellings on land immediately north of the Rugby Club, I wrote on 5 December:
quote:
This land was part of the original David Wilson/Barratt's plan and it was believed that they had contracted an "Option to Purchase" with the owners of the land.

Is this latest move just Barratts/David Wilson trying to increase their present application of 150 homes by perhaps using a consultant or subsidiary company to submit a new planning application. I doubt if they will be happy until they get permission to build the originally intended 301 homes on the blocks of land on which they have got options to purchase!

While searching just now for the document to which Robinf is referring, I stumbled upon a S106 Consultation document which indicated that Luken Beck are acting as an agent for Barratts/David Wilson. So, the forthcoming planned application by Luken Beck IS a ploy by Barratts/David Wilson to make it seem to us residents of Angmering that this is just a small independent development and not part of Barratt's plans to get their 301 dwellings in the end!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000