Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 1)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 11

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2012 :  08:48:27  Show Profile
Proposed boundary commission changes now put the rugby club and all the proposed developemtn areas to the east of Roundstone Lane into Ferring parish - see here - http://www.lgbce.org.uk/all-reviews/south-east/west-sussex/arun-fer
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2012 :  12:25:20  Show Profile
Understand proposed boundary changes only relate to the areas of district councillor representation, and no changes are proposed to the Angmering's civil parish boundary - or so I have been told this morning.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2012 :  12:59:41  Show Profile
I would agree with Neil's commnents. I can't find any evidence in the document (another huge piece of work) that has anything to do with moving Parish boundaries. It seems to be all about electoral boundaries.
quote:
Originally posted by neil

Understand proposed boundary changes only relate to the areas of district councillor representation, and no changes are proposed to the Angmering's civil parish boundary - or so I have been told this morning.

Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2012 :  11:05:43  Show Profile
It beggars belief that Ferring would even want the additional voting capacity of around (currently) 6 houses.

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2012 :  12:19:24  Show Profile
I've just been told (by a relaible source) that the Rugby Club has accepted an offer by Persimmon Homes to build a club for them on the greenfield site near Goring Station - the field with the pylons.

Of course, we have known for nearly a year that Persimmon want to build about 200 homes on the Rugby Club site east of Roundstone Lane.

This should be interesting as the draft ADC Local Plan 2013-2028 identifies the Rugby Club site in Angmering as being part of their proposed Green Infrastructure Corridor! The draft Plan specifically states:

quote:
Within the Angmering Green Infrastructure Corridor, community and road infrastructure growth (not housing) will be permitted. The enhancement of Worthing Rugby Club and the creation of a community woodland, will be supported alongside improvements to the A259 as defined by Policy SP20.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2012 :  19:26:56  Show Profile
It also begs the question as to what Persimmon will do with the land if ADC includes the Rugby Club land as a part of the Green Infrastructure Corridor as it proposes to do?. The offer by Persimmon to the Rugby Club must therefore have been conditional on a decision by ADC providing Permission with planning permission to build. If this is the case then Road 6 of the Barratt’s proposal will be able to link up nicely with the Persimmon development.

I can’t imagine Persimmon would have been prepared to make the Rugby Club an offer without having some degree of confidence that permission would be given, which then suggests that they are wheeling and dealing with ADC planners and that the ADC Local Plan is again subject to misinformation, perhaps in this case deliberate.

Makes you wonder doesn’t it?

quote:

I've just been told (by a relaible source) that the Rugby Club has accepted an offer by Persimmon Homes to build a club for them on the greenfield site near Goring Station - the field with the pylons.

Of course, we have known for nearly a year that Persimmon want to build about 200 homes on the Rugby Club site east of Roundstone Lane.

This should be interesting as the draft ADC Local Plan 2013-2028 identifies the Rugby Club site in Angmering as being part of their proposed Green Infrastructure Corridor! The draft Plan specifically states:

quote:
Within the Angmering Green Infrastructure Corridor, community and road infrastructure growth (not housing) will be permitted. The enhancement of Worthing Rugby Club and the creation of a community woodland, will be supported alongside improvements to the A259 as defined by Policy SP20.

Go to Top of Page

beernard
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  00:01:44  Show Profile
Members of the Rugby club were told of the proposed plans for the club site last wednesday. £20,000 per year for the first 5 years and then £30.000 until the ten years is up to get permission to build, payed to the club and a new Rugby ground built to their spec at the proposed site by goring train station and no costs for planning application for the new ground to the club and the club to become debt free at the end of it with money in the bank! It sounded to me like the deal was done.

BB
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  11:30:16  Show Profile
For those unaware of it, Angmering Parish Council is holding a Public Consultation Meeting at 7.00pm this coming Saturday at Angmering Community Centre, Bramley Green, to allow parishioners to express their views to the Council and its members on the Barratt Homes planning application A/82/12 for 150 houses east of Roundstone Lane.
Go to Top of Page

Euphrosene
Average Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  12:27:35  Show Profile
Nick Herbert is having a public consultation about housing here - well the six villages but not ours it seems: http://www.nickherbert.com/news.php/410/MP%20calls%20public%20meeting%20to%20discuss%20%27six%20villages%27%20housing%20proposals

www.euphrosenelabon.com
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  18:54:20  Show Profile
Submissions from the Highways Agency, Environment Aganecy and a few more are published here:

http://objectionstoarunslocalplan.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  19:05:02  Show Profile
Well, well, Nick Herbert has finally surfaced.

Nick Herbert has done more than any other person in the district to steer development away from brownfield land at Ford Airfield (a mile from his home) and towards greenfield land in Angmering, Eastergate, Barnham and Aldingbourne. He was fully aware what the alternatives to a new settlement at Ford were!!

Should be quite a fun meeting to see how Herbert pretends to support the public and the council at the same time.

If Herbert won't visit Angmering then why don't the people of Angmering pay him a visit at Fontwell. The more the merrier!
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  19:47:07  Show Profile
The Rt Honorable (?) Member for Arundel and South Downs, will, I am told, be opening the Angmering Community Fete, at 10:30, 15th September at Mayflower Park, Angmering. Not only Fontwell, but now folks can collar him on home turf. Double fun.

Edited by - Robinf on 11 Sep 2012 20:14:57
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  20:59:41  Show Profile
Understand his office have contacted SAV today to suggest arranging meeting with community along same lines as that scheduled for other villages. Attendance at such a meeting where cogent views can be expressed might achieve better results than 'ambush'.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  08:32:37  Show Profile
At the last parish council meeting, Mr Bicknell, our local and district councillor, seemed to be having problems in declaring his interests. It appears that he is having difficulty in admitting that he has spent the past year or so working on the draft plan for Arun, which drops so much housing on Angmering, when it has been made abundantly clear to all on APC, that we do not want all the housing proposed. He seems to think that because he is a Conservative he will always get elected - maybe we now need to make it clear to him, that party politics may go by the board, and in future the villagers will elect people who properly represent their views?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  10:08:19  Show Profile
At the Extraordinary APC meeting on 14 August, at Public Consultation time, I asked what stance our Angmering District Councillors had taken on voting for the draft Local Plan.

Mr Bicknell stated that he did not get a copy himself until one week before it had been made public and suggested it had not been voted upon at a full ADC meeting (which later I found out was not correct). Of course, this was not documented in the minutes but the 6 other members of the public attending the meeting would have heard it!
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  10:15:27  Show Profile
Of course, it's very possible that if he is on the Arun Local Plan committee, that he has and is, doing his very best to look after the interests of Angmering residents.

If he is one voice against many, it will be difficult, but I seem to recall that it was Paul Bicknell who, at an Arun DC full meeting last year, when discussing housing numbers, he asked if the figure for Angmering could be approx. 100, a figure that was more or less, unofficially accepted at the meeting.

Of course the situation has moved on since then, but from what I suspect, (I don't know) all three Angmering District Councillors have the wishes of Angmering residents foremost in their minds and are very well aware of the results of the village survey.

So don't be too quick to assume he is conspiring against us, in fact I'm sure Paul Bicknell is doing his vey best to look after our interests, but may well be getting totally outvoted.

It's far better to have someone on the "inside" looking after our interests, as best he can, than having no representation at all.

I don't know if he is on the Local Plan committee, I do not speak for him, but it would be very strange if at least one of our three DC's wre not involved in some way.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  10:30:45  Show Profile
The minutes of the Special ADC meeting on 20 June approving the draft Local Plan can be seen at:

http://www.arun.gov.uk/mediaFiles/downloads/15095/SPECIALCOUNCILMINUTES20JUNE2012.pdf

All three of our District Councillors were present. And what did they say when the Angmering housing was presented? Absolutely nothing! And who sits on the Local Plan Sub-Committee? Mr Bicknell!

But who will remember this when the next ADC elections come around?
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  14:48:43  Show Profile
I for one certainly will make sure I do not vote for Paul Bicknell whenever I approach him he like most politicians does not answer the question. It is about time he suppoerted Angmering residents.

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  16:06:26  Show Profile
My previous involvement with Councillor Bicknell on a local issue some time ago left me wondering whether he was " fit for purpose " and I concur with Neil`s comment above as I was at the Meeting he mentions.
However all should be clarified provided we ask the Councillor the appropriate question at the forthcoming 15th September APC Public Consultation Meeting ,assuming he attends.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  16:21:47  Show Profile
I'm full of dread. Not only is Clr R Bower ‘head honcho’ on the ADC Local Plan, which appears by popular opinion to be a bit of a mess, (assuming it is the same Clr Ricky Bower who recently gave a very unconvincing video interview of his plan) but now, according to the minutes, ADC have let him loose, as "ADC's nominated representative on the new Coastal West Sussex Planning Board". I wonder what sort of damage he’s going to help to inflict on our coast line?

quote:

The minutes of the Special ADC meeting on 20 June approving the draft Local Plan can be seen at:

http://www.arun.gov.uk/mediaFiles/downloads/15095/SPECIALCOUNCILMINUTES20JUNE2012.pdf

All three of our District Councillors were present. And what did they say when the Angmering housing was presented? Absolutely nothing! And who sits on the Local Plan Sub-Committee? Mr Bicknell!

But who will remember this when the next ADC elections come around?

Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  16:38:33  Show Profile
Just because you are a Conservative should not mean you will be voted into Local Government. Our local representatives should listen to a certain Mr Cameron, who says that local government should be 'bottom up'. I think that means that our Parish Council should have more say in certain areas (housing) than the district council. Sitting on both when they don't agree, must create a conflict for Mr Bicknell. Perhaps the answer is to resign from one council or the other. Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  16:55:11  Show Profile
But then what would Mr Bicknell do with his time if he resigned one of his positions? - he is a full time employee of Southern Water, sits on parish and district councils - maybe he just needs a life, which explains why he is out of touch with his electorate
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  17:02:31  Show Profile
Perhaps Paul Bicknell is only a part-time employee of Southern Water in view of the time he spends at APC and ADC meetings. Remember we pay him expenses for representing us on these two bodies. Is he worth it?

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  17:10:04  Show Profile
I'm sure being an elected district councillor under a Party banner and a representative of the electors will create conflict at one time or another.

I would also suggest that Angmering's district councillors have probably said nothing on the issue of possible large developments in the Parish for fear of being accused of NIMBYism.

However, in the case of the draft Local Plan and the Barratt's Planning Application, our representatives should speak out as they, better than anyone else on ADC, should know the situation in Angmering and also be aware that they are not supporting NIMBYism but a genuine belief among parishioners who elected them that development to the east of Roundstone Lane is unsustainable, lacks the required infrastructure, and would have a considerable impact on roads (especially the A259).
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  17:16:38  Show Profile
so who does speak for the electorate if none of our councillors? - does this mean more work for the public arguing their issues for themselves? - and who do not get a nice load of expenses
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  17:31:33  Show Profile
Click on the following link to see basic allowance,subsistance and expenses claims by Arun district councillors for the year ended 31 March 2012.

www.arun.gov.uk/mediaFiles/downloads/15095/ANNUALNOTICE_OFMEMBERSALLOWANCESPAYMENTSFOR2011AND2012.pdf

To be fair to Paul Bicknell, he has never claimed travel expenses or subsistance.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2012 :  20:49:16  Show Profile
Hi all

You can read the WSCC response to the draft Local Plan here.

http://objectionstoarunslocalplan.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/submission-by-west-sussex-county-council/
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  14:07:39  Show Profile
I see on the APC website, they have included a "new" item, placed on their news page today, 19th September 2012.

This is an old document dated 01/04/2009...that has been on the APC website some time ago and removed with the passing of time.

It is re. the "LDF to Head of Planning" at Arun DC, but is an old document and we have moved on some way since then, surely.

There is some relevance to the current situation, but I cannot understand why, without some expanation as to why it has re-appeared, it should do so.

This document is three and a half years old, and without some form of explanation, appears somewhat strange to be re-introduced to the APC news page now. Somebody may know the reason.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  14:19:30  Show Profile
Looks like WSCC are not impressed by ADC Draft Local Plan offering. They are really infuriatingly picky in places, but substantially their comments, observations and advise appears to be well considered.

quote:
Originally posted by Chuckle Brother

Hi all

You can read the WSCC response to the draft Local Plan here.

http://objectionstoarunslocalplan.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/submission-by-west-sussex-county-council/

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  15:41:07  Show Profile
I wonder Bert whether APC meant to upload their submission to ADC re the draft Local Plan? Might have uploaded an old document in error!
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  15:47:18  Show Profile
Maybe Neil...but I find it very difficult to believe
that they would make such a schoolboy error, as not checking what they have uploaded. If it has been uploaded by mistake, what hope do we have!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  16:59:24  Show Profile
As the Parish Clerk was quick to inform us on Saturday evening, he is under a lot of pressure!
Go to Top of Page

lindylou
Average Member

49 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  20:07:30  Show Profile
Re. the document posted on the APC site.

Is this the document that the Chairman stated on Saturday would be posted as it shows the position of the Council submitted to Arun in response to The Core Strategy " Options for Growth" in 2009? This was in answer to the repeated request from the floor as to where the APC stand on the question of future development ie Barret's application and any future applications. The Chairman inferred that their position had not changed since then. If this is the case I would hope that someone from APC would clarify why it was posted and whether it was an 'error', for those who were not at the meeting.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  06:32:26  Show Profile
I was not at the meeting but if anyone wants to clarify why the 2009 document was posted to their website, and not their letter to ADC of 5th September, then ask them a direct question in the APC Forums section.
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  11:03:19  Show Profile
One should not have to ask this on the Q's to APC, forum section.

From what lindylou has said and the fact that this document is still on the APC news page, it appears reasonably safe to assume lindylou's explanation is correct.

However, we are not mindreaders, about 7,950 Angmering residents were not at the meeting. So a very brief explanation attached to that historical document when it was re-placed on the APC news page should have been the obvious and logical thing to do, rather than just post an old message without any explanation whatsoever, on this subject that is at the top of the agenda for Angmering residents.

I don't think a brief explanation, of a couple of sentences attached to that document, would have been a difficult thing to do.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  13:58:57  Show Profile
I attended the meeting on Saturday.
lindylou is correct.
The APC was not in a position to give an answer to their stance on Barrett's application but inferred that the
2009 document was their current position.
The APC chaiman stated that this document would be posted on the APC website as this was the only indication
that could be given until they had considered all the documents contained in the Barrett's application.
The impression I got was that the APC were not prepared to jeopardise any future response to Barrett's
application.

Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  15:26:22  Show Profile
SAV have now submitted their responses to Barratts - please go to http://www.saveangmering.co.uk/ to see the SAV homepage, and follow the links on the right hand side for Barratts Development, then SAV letter to Arun, and the consultants respones for Planning Consultants Response and Traffic Management Response. The consultants responses can be either viewed on the page, or downloaded for you to read at your leisure.
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  11:56:40  Show Profile
Very well done to SAV. Their written objection to this particular application is comprehensive.

SAV have also done very well to employ Traffic Management Consultants and Planning Consultants, each of whom have submitted thorough and comprehensive objections, in a manner that the ordinary resident would be unable to do.

Evidence, rather than emotion, is what this and future developments will be decided upon. The fact that these reports are in "planning speak" and have been researched in a very detailed way, together with letters from individual residents are a good response to the application.

Well done SAV.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  12:08:02  Show Profile
Totally agree.
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  15:07:04  Show Profile
SAV deserve our utmost gratitude and thanks for their sterling efforts on behalf of the village. Doubt whether we individuals would have a hope of beating the developers without them. Very well done. Let us hope justice will be done!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000