Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 1)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 11

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  16:24:29  Show Profile
Am losing the will to live. Well here anyway!
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2012 :  23:42:33  Show Profile
if you check out the news page of the PC web site, you will see they have posted the legal advice that has been given to them regarding the developers requesting meetings with the PC.

Also, if you look at the agenda and attachments for the next planning meeting on 15th May, you will see the exact email received from the developers for VHB site.

Hope this of some help.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2012 :  23:44:34  Show Profile
Talking about the VHB site, does anyone know how many people are employed there?

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2012 :  19:35:20  Show Profile
How many people work at Humber Growers / VHB?
A quick visit to VHB growers website http://www.vhbherbs.co.uk/about us indicates that they employ a total of circa 230 people over two sites, one in Roundstone Lane (West End Nursery) and the other in Runcton. The nursery in Runcton is about twice the size of West End facility. Whether it would be wise to prorate size against employees at each location might be a little risky. Perhaps someone from the PC could simply pick up the parish council's phone and call their office (01903 772166) and ask!
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2012 :  16:34:43  Show Profile
In the Barratts public displays, they talked about having to take care of bats in any developments in Roundstone Lane/Manor Nurseries. Has anyone heard of bats in Roundstone Lane, and if so where they roost, and what type they are?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  11:42:26  Show Profile
There is a very good letter in today's Littlehampton Gazette from Alan Dennis of The Avenals imploring villagers to support the Save Angmering Village group and to write letters of objection when planning applications are made by developers.

However, his letter contains a very serious error which should not be repeated in letters of objection as it may damage their credibility.

In his letter he states that when The Dell was built 30 years ago, the size of Angmering increased by 50%, raising the number of houses from 2,200 to 3,200 (i.e. 1000 houses). In fact The Dell when completed c1988 only contained about 300 houses. The developers, Hargreaves, only built about 30 houses a year so that the development took about 10 years to complete.

Mr Dennis may be correct in suggesting that new housing in Angmering increased substantially in the 1970s to 1980s, but the bulk of this was not on The Dell. One one the biggest areas of development in the last 25-40 years was in the area Greenacres Ring, Merryfield Cres, Beach View, Chantryfield Road, etc.

The Census population statistics for Angmering since 1951 are as follows:

1951 2025
1961 2850
1971 4816
1981 5381
1991 5591
2001 5812
2011 8000 (approx)

Apart from the huge population leap in the last 10 years as a result of the 600+ houses built on Bramley Green, it will be seen that the previous biggest jump was between 1961 and 1971 - long before the building of The Dell! The population of The Dell is only reflected in the 1981 and 1991 figures.

Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2012 :  10:49:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by luckyduck

In the Barratts public displays, they talked about having to take care of bats in any developments in Roundstone Lane/Manor Nurseries. Has anyone heard of bats in Roundstone Lane, and if so where they roost, and what type they are?

I quizzed Barrett Homes about this a few months back and they gave me the name of the Company who had carried out the bat survey. This is a précis of their response dated 7th February 2012, to my inquiry regarding bats.
The bat survey was carried out by Aluco Ecology Ltd on Barratt’s behalf as part of their ecological survey of the site. They couldn’t provide a copy of their report at the time but stated it would be released in to the public domain as part of their planning application.
They went onto say that prior to any submission of an application they needed to address the concerns raised by the residents of Angmering following the Public Consultation (I’m not quite sure which one that was). The following were the main concerns which were highlighted as already existing problems within the village:-
Highway infrastructure - resulting in queuing traffic.
Education –schools at capacity.
Health –Doctor availability.
Drainage - both foul and surface water.
They stated they had taken on board these comments and were revisiting their proposed scheme and also talking with West Sussex both on the subjects of highways and education to see what works could be provided to help improve the current problems being experienced by the village if the development were to come forward.
End of précis
They didn’t say if the whole of the bat study would be available. Fair enough. But you can be sure that whatever plans Barratt Homes eventually submit will not have due care to existing flight lines, although I seem to remember they did indicate they would provide corridors for the flight of bats.
I approached Aluco in the vain hope that they could provide some information but as I expected, they kept quiet - I’m not paying their bill.
So to answer your questions, what sort of bats are they and where do they roost ect, I’m afraid I don’t know and Barratt’s wouldn’t tell me. However, there is a bat charity in Sussex that may be able to help you. Their website is http://www.sussexbatgroup.org.uk/batsinsussex

Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  04:46:18  Show Profile
This forum has gone very quiet. Has it closed
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  09:02:58  Show Profile
If it had, you would not be able to post!

However, do you mean Forum or this particular topic?

On this specific topic, it is just a matter of waiting now before the Barratt/Wilson planning application is submitted which could be within the next few weeks. No doubt they will chose to submit it during the holiday period when they believe many people will be away!

Rumours are that the planning application will contain far less homes than the 301 contained in the plan shown to Angmering residents and that the Manor Nurseries land will not be included. But don't be fooled by this. This is just a ploy to suggest that the application meets Angmering Parish Council's target of a maximum 150 new homes over the next 16/17 years. A year on and Barratt/Wilson would submit a further planning application for the remaining homes in their plan which would include the Manor Nurseries site. If they get a small number of homes agreed, then they will believe that a precedent has been set to enable more to be built.

Remember, Barratt/Wilson have already agreed a sum of money with Manor Nurseries with their Option to Purchase land contract.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  10:21:46  Show Profile
Look what has just been published in the Shoreham Herald:

http://www.shorehamherald.co.uk/news/local/vote-plan-says-500-extra-homes-are-needed-in-angmering-1-4068835

This suggests that in its new draft plan, Arun District Council believes Angmering is an ideal place for 500 new homes (with improvements to the A259 and A280).

The draft plan, which seems to ignore Angmering's previous representations following ADC's earlier "consultation", is published today at:

http://www.arun.gov.uk/mediaFiles/downloads/15095/20120709_Final_Draft_Local_Plan_for_Web.pdf

Page 111 is particularly relevant to Angmering. It lays down certain criteria that would need to be satisfied to allow building of up to 490 homes, but does not address infrastructure. Without this, the homes would just be a "bolt on" on the east side of the village.

ADC's website also mentions that "A series of drop in sessions will be held over the summer where residents are encouraged to meet with the Council’s planners to learn more about how the plan and give their views". The one in Angmering will be held in Angmering Village Hall on Saturday 4 August between 11am and 3pm.

So much for having a community-led village plan! So much for democracy! What a waste of time, effort and money producing the local plan if Arun succeeds in their wishes!

I wonder what action Angmering Parish Council will now take, and what stance have Angmering's District Councillors taken in the agreement to the draft plan.

I think we need some answers - and fast!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  11:00:08  Show Profile
Intersting that on P111, as one of the criteria for development it states:

"Provide for a buffer strip along the eastern and northern boundaries to suitably screen this area when viewed from the South Downs National Park"

So, it will be an eyesore, then?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  11:03:43  Show Profile
So I presume that Arun's wish for screening from the National Park will be the same as they have required for Asda and Haskins - both of which stand out like sore thumbs from Highdown.
Go to Top of Page

deb8
Average Member

59 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  14:35:04  Show Profile
There was a reason why three supermarkets decided to upgrade/build in the Angmering vicinity!!
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  14:54:23  Show Profile
"So much for having a community-led village plan! So much for democracy!"....I totally agree Neil.

Also, ....what happened to the community-led Arun District Plan.....The recently retired Chief Exec. and one of the senior Arun District Councillors went round all areas/villages/towns in Arun, including Angmering, which many of us attended, over a six week period about 18 months ago. They ensured us all ...that the Arun Plan...with particular reference to housing numbers, would reflect the wishes of the residents..it would be "bottom up" and not "top down.."

The completed questionaires and website replies for that "consultation" indicated very clearly the residents of Angmering wanted the minimum possible number of properties built during the life of the Plan.

What was the point of that so called "consultation?" and when will Arun explain to all residents why the draft plan does not reflect the wishes of the vast majority of residents....as we were assured?
Go to Top of Page

deb8
Average Member

59 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  15:40:10  Show Profile
Rather than allowing these decisions to be hidden under the veil of 'ADC". Can we identify the councillors who are selling Angmering residents down the river?
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  16:03:58  Show Profile
"Approximately 490 for Angmering.."....this of course up to year 2028..means an average of about 30 a year...but two things are obvious...

1.They have used the word "approximately" very deliberately..to allow them to go over the 500 figure..possibly well over 500.

2.Clearly the intention of the developers will be to use this figure over the next few years, off Roundstone Lane, rather than gradually over the 16 years of the Plan...absorbing most if not all that figure. This will leave no room for other one off very small planning apps over the period. That will, over time, of a few years, when the furore has calmed down, mean "approx 490"..will end up much higher. If current developers use the 490 figure within 5 years...will local planners refuse all subsequent single/one off applications during the following 11 years? ...of course not. If we cannot get the 490 changed....then we need to get the word "approximately" removed...or it could easily end up nearer 600.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  21:27:28  Show Profile
Whilst the ADC draft document is labeled ‘Your Local Plan’, a ‘Consultation Document’, it’s therefore difficult to imagine that it wasn't produced without consultation with the local district and parish councils. Perhaps someone from APC can enlighten us all to their involvement in it’s production and advise their next steps in regard to their community led plan.

This consultation document will have been in the making for a couple or more years and Barratts and Co will have almost certainly been courting ADC during their strategy/ decision making period that led to the issue of this document, just to know where the big developments were likely to be recommended. So therefore it’s no surprise that Barrats have targeted our community. And I agree with Neil, what use a local plan if ADC’s ideas prevail.

And now there is a 53 day consultation period which is hardly time enough for anyone to read and absorb the contents of the tome, let alone consult about it.

Cllr Ricky Bower in his forward says: “We are also pioneering Neighbourhood Development Plans - our positive approach has resulted in almost district wide coverage of these plans and in the true spirit of the intention of localism we are delegating non strategic site allocations to these plans, thereby putting local people in control”. So those communities in strategic site areas are excluded from having their say “in the true spirit of the intention of localism”. He’s having a laugh isn’t he?

It seems to me that this is definitely a case of ‘all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others’ which I’m sure is not in the true spirit of a Neighbourhood Development Plan.
And so ADC are going to pay lip service to the process by giving our local community 4 hours of their valuable weekend time at the village hall to give the community the opportunity to discuss the plans with their planners. I hope SAV are there in their numbers to vent their displeasure of the draft document and to ask a few pointed questions about whatever happened to ‘localism’.

This could get very ugly indeed.

Edited by - Robinf on 19 Jul 2012 21:30:39
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  07:52:01  Show Profile
Well as neither The Angmering Society, founded to protect the village, nor our elected councillors, who seem to serve only their own purposes are prepared to stand up and be counted, I only hope as you do Robin, that we at least have SAV to speak up. Maybe we need more than just SAV, we need the whole village to turn out, and protest at the lip service Arun are paying to the village. If the press were there to see the size of protest, then Arun would find it more difficult to ignore our wishes.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  12:49:39  Show Profile
It certainly does make you wonder if this was not the long term plan when they allowed Bramley Green Development, and the developers involved had to build the A280. Did they know that the area between Bramley Green and A280 would be filled with houses???

Come on APC bazoomz in the mangle time

Edited by - roosterbri on 20 Jul 2012 14:13:36
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  16:17:54  Show Profile
SAV are working hard on a number of fronts to mount a defensive campaign and always welcome additional support. If you are not on their Mailing List, contact saveangmering@hotmail.co.uk to ensure you are kept up to date on developments.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  16:38:21  Show Profile
May I refer forum members to Bert’s post on 28 March 2012. The ADC numbers do not compute with Bert’s numbers or am I missing something huge here?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  17:28:48  Show Profile
If you read the whole draft document - the Policy SP8 refers to 490 houses, but the table that follows SP8 lists 100 houses for Angmering. This is just one of many contradictions within the document. The document also states that we will get a school - so Arun have obviously not spoken to WSCC, as even if Angmering took all the proposed developments, we would still be short of WSCC's formula number for a new school. Also section 13.3.5 specifies that "It is important that housing schemes should be needs led, the starting point being that a need for housing exists in the parish, rather than the availability of a particular site. Proposed developments must be based on sound evidence of housing need and must fulfil the criteria as stated in the policy below. " - so how does this fit Angmering? Our housing needs assessment is not being carried out for some time according to APC.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  08:42:37  Show Profile
Hello everyone

I have been following your forum with interest for some months and it is good to see that you have become active again.

Can I suggest that you also have a look at this blog -
http://objectionstoarunslocalplan.wordpress.com/

It is a forum for members of the public to share their reasons for objecting to Arun District Council’s Local Plan. This forum originates in the Five Villages area but there is much here about the conduct of Arun District Council that will help residents in Angmering when preparing their objections.

It asks the fundamental question - has Arun shiown bias in its Local Plan - in favour of residents in Ford, Climping and Yapton and against residents in Angmering, Esatergate, Westergate and Barnham - plus North Littlehampton and Wick.

If you think that the information published is helpful to Angmering then please pass the information/link on.

Best wishes

Chuckle Brother
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  09:30:21  Show Profile
Many thanks Chuckle Brother - a very useful blog.
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2012 :  16:39:16  Show Profile
Understand that Barratts have submitted their planning application for 150 new houses all exiting from Roundstone Lane...!!! Also heard a rumour that Ikea are hoping to build a new store opposite Asda on the Wyevales site!!! Maybe just a rumour but worrying !
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2012 :  17:45:06  Show Profile
Arun District Council (ADC) may need a few weeks to evaluate the Barratt/Wilson application before it is released to the public for comment.

I keep on hearing rumours that Manor Nurseries will not now be selling their land but I doubt if these are correct unless any of our readers can provide proof of this.

It is far more likely that Barratt/Wilson will be be applying to build 150 homes initially as they are aware that this is what the village may possibly be prepared to accept over the next 16 years. Once they have got planning permission for the first 150, they will believe they have set a precedent for building a further 150 which will most likely also take in the Manor Nurseries site.

DO NOT BE TAKEN IN BY THIS PLOY AND MAKE YOUR FEELINGS KNOWN IN WRITING TO ADC WHEN THE PLANNING APPLICATION IS EVENTUALLY RELEASED.

Also make your feelings known to ADC (preferably in writing) when you have seen the ADC Draft Local Plan proposals at the ADC drop-in session this Saturday at the Village Hall (11.00am - 3.00pm).
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2012 :  18:32:08  Show Profile
Given the demographics of the area, I would have thought it unlikely that IKEA would see it as a favoured location. Brighton, maybe. Worthing, doubtful.

That said, the land between Asda and the roundabout on the southern side of the A259 must be a target for commercial development. And wasn't their tales about the land west of the Windmill Bridge being dedicated to retail car sales?

We'll be like the U.S. if all that happens.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2012 :  12:58:18  Show Profile
Also understand that Manor Nurseries will not be selling, thus causing latest application to be revised. Why they're not selling is unclear - either they withdrew because they'd changed their minds or the developers weren't offering enough. Either way, guess we should take some comfort from their decision.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2012 :  13:01:45  Show Profile
Save Angmering's latest Newsletter to supporters:

"Until yesterday SAV was under the impression that the Barratt/David Wilson Homes' application for development on the east side of Roundstone Lane was delayed. We now find this is not the case, and understand that an application has gone in to Arun District Council for the construction of 150 houses. This is clearly an attempt to circumvent the outcome of both the Parish's Neighbourhood Plan and Arun District Council's Local Plan.

Because of this planning application, making your views known at the ADC Consultation at Angmering Village Hall tomorrow (Saturday August 4th, 11am-3pm) is even more important as a preliminary step in the process of constructing our objection to this totally unsuitable development.

We will be setting out the steps in this process in subsequent communication but wanted you to be aware of this development as soon as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  10:42:39  Show Profile
Now that Barratt's have submitted their plans, what will APC's position be to the developers proposal? Having been ultra cautious to-date and non committal (and rightly so), on which side of the fence are they going to fall? How will they respond to the plans? Will they challenge ADC's draft plans or have they been party to their development?
Now off to the village hall to visit our friends from ADC.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  16:28:15  Show Profile
Having visited Village Hall am still confused why we were all asked to contribute our views for Angmering Village Local Plan when Arun seem to be telling us now that our input is crucial but nevertheless we must accept 500 new houses and Industrial Premises.
Something doesn`t add up here or am I being Thick?
I was not impressed with ADC Consultation event today and came away feeling none the wiser.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  18:10:45  Show Profile
This letter in Lttlehampton Gazette this week which seems to echo the feelings of many residents attending ADC consultation today.

"So, Arun District Council are embarking on a 'consultation' process over plans for large-scale housing development. How comforting this must be for those communities threatened, to feel that their opinions will count.

Consultation is not about providing a choice. Decisions about which locations will bear the brunt have probably been made. It is a process merely designed to make people feel they have contributed to those decisions but we should, perhaps, not be surprised, given the backcloth of growing cynicism of the motives of our Councils, that the local populace treats such proposals with disdain?

In Angmering, we are threatened with 500 homes, in addition to those already built on Bramley Green. This will impose intolerable strain on roads, infrastructure and schools. And where are the jobs for the increased population?

Simple, according to ADC - we'll approve plans for light industrial sites as well. Yet more destruction of the local environment.

Local Government at all levels, too easily forgets that its duty is to serve their electorate. Whilst there are understandable pressures from central government which influence this at County and District level, there is no excuse at the sharp end - the Parish Council.

Our Parish Council in Angmering is steadfast in its refusal to state clearly its position for fear, apparently, of prejudicing the outcome of any planning application. A source of much frustration for local residents."

Go to Top of Page

Charlie1

7 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  20:21:40  Show Profile
Well, we’ve seen the great PR exercise that ADC put on at the village hall today, complete with its incorrect maps -- the “green corridor showing as “housing” – which it is not, and the land east of Roundstone Lane not showing as housing, which it is, and the incorrect positioning of the National Parks boundary.

I’m sure they’ll say that meeting with over 200 residents was a great success. Yes, 200 residents turned up, but no they were not pleased with the Local Plan and let their views be known to the ADC representatives. Karl Roberts was visibly agitated at times, especially when he hastily retreated from a group who were questioning him – not the first time he’d left people questioning him during the session. He even said “I’ll go and talk to somebody with a more open mind” to one lady as he walked away from her.

We are told that 41% of the village responded to the recent Neighbourhood Plan Survey. 75% of those people only want 100 or less houses in Angmering over the next 16 years. Arun’s Local Plan states 590 houses. (490 PLUS the Parish allocation of 100).

It seems Angmering “can have any colour so long as it is black” - we can write what we want into our Neighbourhood Plan, so long as it conforms with Arun’s Local Plan. So, at the end of the day, what Arun says, goes. So much for Localism’s “bottom up”.

Cameron said “Our vision is one where we give communities much more say, much more control. The fear people have in villages is the great big housing estate being plonked down from above. Our reforms will make it easier for communities to say ‘we are not going to have a big plonking housing estate landing next to the village, but we would like 10,20,30 extra houses and we would like them built in this way, to be build for local people”. Ha! You left off a “0” as far as Angmering is concerned- make that 100, 200, 300 and then before you know it another 1,000. Angmering will grow from 3,500 houses to 4,500. Do we really want this? No. ADC will you please listen to the people of Angmering!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  22:31:54  Show Profile
Well said Charlie1 !
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2012 :  18:01:03  Show Profile
It was perfectly obvious from what I read and heard that Arun have made their minds up and yesterday was just a PR exercise.

We can have say via the ballot box. Perhaps if we elect councilors who are prepared to speak up and be seen to represent the village and not sit on the fence; we may then have fair consultations, villager's views and concerns listened to in the hope they will be taken into account and not ignored which seems to be the case.

HanceR

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2012 :  20:27:55  Show Profile
I formed the same impression. Sadly, whatever the residents may wish - and the vast majority would appear to be in opposition to any further development - the A.D.C. will ride roughshod over them in their determination to have their own way irrespective of local objection. I do wish that A.P.C. would stand up and let residents know just exactly how they feel and whether they support opposition or whether they are in favour of the A.D.C. plans? I am not holding my breath on this based on previous experience and the expressions "Lions led by Donkeys" would appear to be pertinent. There is so much confusion in people's minds at present. Also it would appear that there is much going on"behind the scenes" of which we are unaware. Whatever happened to transparency??
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  09:03:55  Show Profile
Not only ..."What happened to transparency?.."....What happened to the policy of ADC at last years "consultation" exercise around all the towns and villages in Arun District, including Angmering; where it was stated that the Local Plan for housing, would be based on the wishes of the residents

"Bottom up, not top down"... was the expression used....Clearly that has changed......Why?......The residents are entitled to an explanation for the change of policy.
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  09:13:51  Show Profile
Hi Bert

I agree.

Richard Hance

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  11:08:28  Show Profile
Not only did ADC bring along out of date maps for their display, they also used an out of date one on page 32 of their draft Local Plan. This is the map of their "broad vision" which does not show the Angmering By-Pass and shows the A280 still running through the village centre which it has not done for many years!

Page 222 is also interesting. There is a paragraph which reads:

quote:
“Within the Angmering Green Infrastructure Corridor, community and road infrastructure growth (not housing) will be permitted. The enhancement of Worthing Rugby Club and the creation of a community woodland, will be supported alongside improvements to the A259 as defined by Policy SP20.”
Also, when were residents consulted about the Green Infrastructure Corridor?
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  11:54:39  Show Profile
It's time for APC to stop procrastinating and show some transparency and leadership as Angmering's elected representatives.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000