Fitness in the park
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eliza

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2011 :  20:10:00  Show Profile
What a great idea, i have seen this in bognor and wished for it nearer home. I for one will be using this on a regular basis hopefully. (my new much needed fitness regime) Thanks to whoever arranged this.

dl

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2011 :  07:37:18  Show Profile
A warm welcome to the Forums, Eliza.

Not sure who exactly at the Parish Council originally thought of the fitness equipment, but I recall that the previous Council chairman, Nigel Nunn, mentioned it about a couple of years' ago. Nigel pressed the Environment & Leisure Committee for un update at their meeting on 27 July this year, so I guess the original idea may well have come from Nigel. Anyway, also well done to the Environment & Leisure Committee for pushing ahead with the project and getting the grant from Arun.
Go to Top of Page

Stirrer

17 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2011 :  12:22:12  Show Profile
Lets wait for the first person to sue when they get an injury from it!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2011 :  12:59:19  Show Profile
Stirrer
Volenti non fit injuria, I think.
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2011 :  19:36:45  Show Profile
My personal thanks to everyone who got this project through to completion - and yes it is all down to Nigel who pressed to get this and put in a lot of the groundwork for it.

I had a brilliant hour there this morning trying all the equipment out, except for one which I am sure I am too short for!
It was quite amazing and also thanks to Sylvia for giving me such a laugh on one of the pieces.
Not sure what hurt the most when I got off, my leg musles from the exercise or my sides from laughing so much!

A great result and an even greater bunch to be working with.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2011 :  16:08:21  Show Profile
Was impressed to see these, they have a similar (not as good) set up at a park in Barnham. One thing though, when I noticed them a few weeks ago some kids had already peeled the instructions off and the area was covered in litter. I didn't notice a bin near the equipment so that might be an idea to have one installed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000