Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 2)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  20:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reality of the new development has now been hit home. A letter came through my door this evening stating construction work/traffic is due to commence shortly. Fantastic.

I had a quick look at their 'plans' - I notice Pound Place is earmarked for redevelopment too. I can see Roundstone Lane turning into a car park overnight with a multitude of lorries etc - the council's grand plan for Roundstone Lane? To implement 'traffic calming'. You couldn't really make it up.
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2014 :  18:07:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depressing news indeed. Traffic chaos in Roundstone Lane and probably gridlock in the village. The avaricious developers have won through aided and abetted by the District Council.
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  16:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anybody any news on the new proposed school which ADC seem to have quietly pushed into the background?
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  17:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't hold your breath that a new school is going to percolate to the top of ADC infrastructure agenda/needs for Angmering any time soon. ADC planners and the Cabinet Member for Planning have got their 600 houses for Angmering (minimum) and to hell with the infrastructure needs of the community. They are now too busy with other ideas for decimating other parts of their district to care about Angmering.

quote:
Originally posted by Questor

Has anybody any news on the new proposed school which ADC seem to have quietly pushed into the background?

Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  17:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder how many SatNavs in the contractors lorries will send them down Water Lane and up Weavers Hill. Heaven forbid that they are sent up the High Street.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  19:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but we never were and never will get a new school, UNLESS we agreee to about 1500 new houses, as that is roughly the threshold that West Sussex needs to justify a new school. So unless you want to see every green field around the village covered in houses, any hope for a new school is pie in the sky. Arun have no say on a new school, that can only come from WSX.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  20:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there are any supporters of Manor Nursery who feel strongly about the proposed development on the site, this could be a chance to voice your objections.

Notification of a Development Control Committee Meeting at 2.30 pm on the 30th July 2014
Application number : A/51/14/OUT
Site : Manor Nursery, High Street, Angmering,

The above application is expected to be determined by the Development Control Committee on the above date at the Council Chamber, Arun Civic Centre.

Those wishing to speak must formally register their wish to speak by no later than 5.00 pm on the day before the notified Committee date by telephoning 01903 737512.
Go to Top of Page

philip
Administrator

15 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  20:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live directly opposite, what will be the new entrance, with full view of much of the site and I have received no such letters and information! Great start DWH.

quote:
Originally posted by NickR60

The reality of the new development has now been hit home. A letter came through my door this evening stating construction work/traffic is due to commence shortly. Fantastic.

I had a quick look at their 'plans' - I notice Pound Place is earmarked for redevelopment too. I can see Roundstone Lane turning into a car park overnight with a multitude of lorries etc - the council's grand plan for Roundstone Lane? To implement 'traffic calming'. You couldn't really make it up.

Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2014 :  18:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind replies to my question about the proposed new school for Angmering that has been mentioned in various pieces of literature over the past couple of years. It is usual for new housing developments to mention the local schools available for buyers in their sales literature. Does anybody have any information on how many places are currently available at our village schools? All I have heard in recent years is that they are already at full capacity and are, in some age groups, over subscribed.
If this is true it would be grossly irresponsible of developers to mention them in promotional literature as 'available schools' for new families moving into the area. I do not know the number of school children per household developments like Angmerings newly proposed 600 houses will bring. My crude estimate would be around an average of 1 per household, equaling 600 kids of various ages.
Where are they going to go to school? If I was still in business in the private sector this issue would be earmarked as a 'severe threat'. It would be an issue earmarked to be dealt with immediately as it will have a major effect on the proposed developments sales potential as well as creating difficult issues for the Council responsible.
So, does anybody know if the new 600 plus or minus kids on the block are already taken care of? Who plans the available school places for them?
This issue will get the oven very warm very quickly if it has been 'put aside'.

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2014 :  21:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The District Council made such a quick decision over the school issue at the DCC meeting on 8 May and reworded the Planning provision, words that will probably be taken into the S106 agreement. It took them about 10 minutes to reword it. No lawyers looked at the new wording and I suspect the wording will be poor enough for both the developers and WSCC to get out of, so there is unlikely to be a new Primary school.

In their Planning Application, BDW talked about the spare capacity at The Angmering School. When I personally asked the headteacher about this he said that this spare capacity consisted of only 4 places!
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2014 :  23:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May I suggest that you ask one of Angmering's district councilors the same question about schools and see what what they have to say but more importantly ask them what they are doing to ensure there are places to educate the children that will be coming into the area. However, don't expect any sensible answers.

quote:
Originally posted by Questor

Thanks for the kind replies to my question about the proposed new school for Angmering that has been mentioned in various pieces of literature over the past couple of years. It is usual for new housing developments to mention the local schools available for buyers in their sales literature. Does anybody have any information on how many places are currently available at our village schools? All I have heard in recent years is that they are already at full capacity and are, in some age groups, over subscribed.
If this is true it would be grossly irresponsible of developers to mention them in promotional literature as 'available schools' for new families moving into the area. I do not know the number of school children per household developments like Angmerings newly proposed 600 houses will bring. My crude estimate would be around an average of 1 per household, equaling 600 kids of various ages.
Where are they going to go to school? If I was still in business in the private sector this issue would be earmarked as a 'severe threat'. It would be an issue earmarked to be dealt with immediately as it will have a major effect on the proposed developments sales potential as well as creating difficult issues for the Council responsible.
So, does anybody know if the new 600 plus or minus kids on the block are already taken care of? Who plans the available school places for them?
This issue will get the oven very warm very quickly if it has been 'put aside'.

Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2014 :  08:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you think the developers really care about their dubious sales literature claims, or the fact that once they have sold the houses they do not give a @#** about the buyers. Things like school places, getting safely to school, creating total traffic chaos, flooding people's homes - if you think the developers have any care, then I am sorry you are not in the real world. It is the irresponsible planning departments, who know all the tricks used by developers to avoid any responsibilitiess, but the planners have neither the nouse, brains, nor care about thee people affected, only that they meet their targets for new houses.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2014 :  12:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot on Luckyduck.

Developers are only interested in creating shareholder wealth, the planners keeping their jobs, and the Council members toeing the party line. Every other consideration is at best secondary and sod the community who have to live with their decisions.

quote:
Originally posted by luckyduck

Do you think the developers really care about their dubious sales literature claims, or the fact that once they have sold the houses they do not give a @#** about the buyers. Things like school places, getting safely to school, creating total traffic chaos, flooding people's homes - if you think the developers have any care, then I am sorry you are not in the real world. It is the irresponsible planning departments, who know all the tricks used by developers to avoid any responsibilitiess, but the planners have neither the nouse, brains, nor care about thee people affected, only that they meet their targets for new houses.

Go to Top of Page

lizh
Average Member

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2014 :  16:17:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think the schools in the village are particularly oversubscribed, they are taking students from Littlehampton, Bognor and even Crawley!

My son starts this year and we were told at St Margaret's that they have never not given a place to a child from the village. I asked the question what would happen with the new houses and I got the impression from the head that they would expand further to avoid a new school being built.
Go to Top of Page

CatNip

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2014 :  20:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nigel

I wonder how many SatNavs in the contractors lorries will send them down Water Lane and up Weavers Hill. Heaven forbid that they are sent up the High Street.

I went to "Meet the Builders" to ask the specific question about the rat run that is the Water Lane/Weavers Hill route into Roundstone Lane and points west/south.

Such a happy smiling lot. The nice man told me that their orders to sub-contractors etc would be giving instructions to use the bypass and A259 to site with GPS address. However, he could not guarantee that there wouldn't be some drivers who would "get lost". If we want to take number plates and company details on any traffic and send to the site office, they will take action(file it?)

On the subject of traffic, he was surprised to see how fast the cars go up and down Roundstone Lane "despite the speed limit".

ps: And a rare sighting of one of our District Councillors in attendance - any ideas as to reason?
Go to Top of Page

mark1234

9 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2014 :  22:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think St Margarets is oversubscribed. There are approximately 500 children in the school. There are about 37 children in my son's class with two classes in each year , three in reception but they have smaller numbers. They have just built a new wing ,if they wanted to expand they would probably lose some playground or maybe field.The parking and traffic is a nightmare now , i dread to think what it would be like if all the new houses are built !
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  06:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lizh

I don't think the schools in the village are particularly oversubscribed, they are taking students from Littlehampton, Bognor and even Crawley! ARE YOU SURE???WHY???Perhaps the school would deign to comment on this

My son starts this year and we were told at St Margaret's that they have never not given a place to a child from the village. I asked the question what would happen with the new houses and I got the impression from the head that they would expand further to avoid a new school being built.

Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  12:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CatNip

quote:
Originally posted by Nigel

I went to "Meet the Builders" to ask the specific question about the rat run that is the Water Lane/Weavers Hill route into Roundstone Lane and points west/south.

Such a happy smiling lot. The nice man told me that their orders to sub-contractors etc would be giving instructions to use the bypass and A259 to site with GPS address. However, he could not guarantee that there wouldn't be some drivers who would "get lost". If we want to take number plates and company details on any traffic and send to the site office, they will take action(file it?)

On the subject of traffic, he was surprised to see how fast the cars go up and down Roundstone Lane "despite the speed limit".

ps: And a rare sighting of one of our District Councillors in attendance - any ideas as to reason?

Bet you it was Cllr Dudley Wensley who turned up.

If it was, then he probably saw this as an opportunity to 'press flesh' with Angmering’s electorate and to take the opportunity to explain, informally, why he and his fellow Angmering District Councillors, were rendered powerless to stop ADC planners and their lapdogs (AKA ADC Council members) from approving 600 (at least) houses for Angmering. I imagine he also used his visit to brush up on his ‘electioneering’ patter as a prelude to next May’s elections to try and maintain his political career. With no one from the town hall giving guarantees about anything to do with improving infrastructure of any sorts for the benefit of Angmering, one would hope he just may have also taken the opportunity of letting visitors know what he was doing to campaign against the total unsustainability of all these houses in the village, and how he was supporting the neighborhood plan - assuming it gets approved sooner rather than later.

Well I suppose at least one of our Councillors took time to turn up.

Does anyone know if any of our Parish Councillors made the effort to attend?
Go to Top of Page

CatNip

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  13:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dudley it was, Robinf and I particularly admired the open way he was wearing his Arun DC name badge and lanyard :) Would it frighten people away or would they admire his showing support for the BDW juggernaut? There were only about 6 people when I went at 5 so can't say if anyone from APC turned up later, though would have expected someone to be there from the start

Disgusted by him anyway and by the widest smiles from the builder side, including one man who told me (as denied in their application) that traffic on the Lane clearly broke the speed limit and that ADC were for certain a law unto themselves. Even more disgusted.

Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  16:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given that all of the interested parties which aided and abetted the approval of the house building schemes have now rolled over with their legs in the air after having their tummies tickled, and that APC have finally agreed to discuss future matters with Save Angmering despite Save Angmering's sterling efforts to obtain dialogue with our Parish Councillors prior to any decisions now reached, what options are we all now left with to make life as difficult for the developers as possible ? - legal of course, as I wouldnt want to encourage anything illegal for the record.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  16:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any parking restrictions on Roundstone Lane ?
If not there may be legal opportunities to slow Construction Traffic down.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  19:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be a shame if workers turned up on site, but couldn't get out to get home, especially as they and their delivery lorries will be causing all the rest of us a load of inconvenience for apparently nearly 2 years!!
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  19:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once the developers create the entrance, what a lovely site for a travellers convention.
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  20:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We tried to move my girlfriend's son to St Margaret's (earlier this year) and was told there weren't any available places. I have lived in Angmering since 1989, and my partner and her son for the last 4 years. Instead she has to make the daily school run to Yapton. There clearly isn't the capacity at the local schools, and if they really are taking students from as far as Crawley then I'd be seeking an answer as to why local children aren't being admitted.

Back to the development, I see most of the big trees at Pound Place are now being felled. I wonder how long until the property is bulldozed? My father was refused permission to fell a clearly dead (small!) tree by the council, almost makes you laugh...
Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  14:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr G - my thoughts exactly. I dont think that there are any restrictions, as long as vehicles arent causing an obstruction for example in front of a drive or anywhere dangerous then I would consider anywhere on Roundstone Lane fair game. I fully intend to drive as slowly as I possible can when I use Roundstone Lane (which I have to as I live in the locality and dont use it as a rat run)..so apologies to anyone who gets stuck behind me. I wish I had contacts in the car sales business and we could strategically leave taxed parked cars to cause maximum inconvenience to the developers. Anyone else who can come up with any other suitable and appropriate tactics? Unfortunately it was inevitable that it would fall on residents to fight back due to the spineless, fence sitting self serving people that are meant to represent us on the WSCC, ADC & APC.

I would gladly give out my personal email address for those who want to organise some co-ordinated spoiling tactics, however I have this sneaking feeling that we would get "encouraged" to not go down that route.

Would it therefore be appropriate for the Forum Administrator to put up a "sticky topic" purely for people to post sensible, legal spoiling tactics.?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Growser

Are there any parking restrictions on Roundstone Lane ?
If not there may be legal opportunities to slow Construction Traffic down.

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  17:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's wait and see!
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  18:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the APC forum Neil has said - "I understand that at the BDW meeting at the Rugby Club on 22 July, the builders talked of their negotiations with the Rugby Club to take construction traffic through their grounds and not through the expected entrance further north in Roundstone Lane." - well we all know why Barratts don't want to use a 'proper' entrance, because they have access to AVl, and know very well, that they are not wanted, and are fully expecting trouble when they start building, so by using the Rugby Club entrance they think we either do not know about their scheming, or they think that we will not make life difficult there. They really have no idea just how hated they are. Perhaps we need to be more creative in making obstructions?
Go to Top of Page

AngmeringAl

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  21:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luckyduck ... the time to be more creative was 2-3 years ago , the houses are coming now and talk of parking cars and driving slow is just embarrassing , even now , simple things like school places etc are not known ! Did people think a few letters and a few written boards on sticks would stop this development coming , at best it was delayed by a year or so . SAV should have had proper facts , accepted the houses were coming and argued for fewer houses , a school , surgery , entrance onto the bye-pass etc prior to being dicked by the developers .
When a land owner wants to sell land , someone wants it to build and the government want houses , unless you can come up with a really rock solid reason to not build , its going to happen .
Maybe a property lawyer should have been consulted and brought on board , but the mention of money and everyone moaning would have melted away .
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  06:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
""I think the meeting to which you refer was the Barratts' "Meet the Builders" session? APC was not invited to attend - this was, it would appear, for residents living nearby who could be affected by the development. If members of APC did attend, this would have been as residents in their own right.

Thank you for your enquiry""

What a weak,patronising whitewash response........you should be in politics Mr Chairman and join Cleggy for that type of reply.

This development will severely affect the ANP for the foreseeable future. Surely a member of the ANP Committee should have attended to note the effects on the Plan, or, is it intended to submit an ANP for Referendum that is incomplete and already out of date?

A major thoroughfare for the village will be affected, probably for the next 3 - 5 years. The ANP is for the next 15 years. Surely the Plan must take some account of this incursion??

Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  08:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

AngmeringAl..what is embarrassing is that WSCC, ADC & APC have done and are doing very very little to thwart or negotiate with the developers. What is embarrassing is that despite Save Angmering's attempt to open dialogue with APC and to have a joined up approach, APC have only just agreed to meet up after the deal has been done - I wonder what other parish councils must think of ours.

So, please dont belittle those who feel it necessary to be a pain in the rear end, I agree it will not change the march of "progress" but there is not much else left.

quote:
Originally posted by AngmeringAl

Luckyduck ... the time to be more creative was 2-3 years ago , the houses are coming now and talk of parking cars and driving slow is just embarrassing , even now , simple things like school places etc are not known ! Did people think a few letters and a few written boards on sticks would stop this development coming , at best it was delayed by a year or so . SAV should have had proper facts , accepted the houses were coming and argued for fewer houses , a school , surgery , entrance onto the bye-pass etc prior to being dicked by the developers .
When a land owner wants to sell land , someone wants it to build and the government want houses , unless you can come up with a really rock solid reason to not build , its going to happen .
Maybe a property lawyer should have been consulted and brought on board , but the mention of money and everyone moaning would have melted away .

Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  09:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I must admit that I was disappointed but not surprised by the response to the question. It is laughable that APC couldnt at least send one representative from the Parish Council. Based on their past record regarding the whole matter we shouldnt have expected anything else really. I stupidly thought that they have been elected to represent the views of who they represent. It has been mentioned before but how come other Parish Councils have been, or appeared to have been more supportive and proactive?

quote:
Originally posted by roosterbri

""I think the meeting to which you refer was the Barratts' "Meet the Builders" session? APC was not invited to attend - this was, it would appear, for residents living nearby who could be affected by the development. If members of APC did attend, this would have been as residents in their own right.

Thank you for your enquiry""

What a weak,patronising whitewash response........you should be in politics Mr Chairman and join Cleggy for that type of reply.

This development will severely affect the ANP for the foreseeable future. Surely a member of the ANP Committee should have attended to note the effects on the Plan, or, is it intended to submit an ANP for Referendum that is incomplete and already out of date?

A major thoroughfare for the village will be affected, probably for the next 3 - 5 years. The ANP is for the next 15 years. Surely the Plan must take some account of this incursion??

Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  09:31:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think, AngmeringAl, you are being overly dismissive of the efforts of SAV in their attempts to thwart the developments. A small team have worked very hard on behalf of concerned villagers over the past three years, and deserve the appreciation that many have expressed. OK, their efforts have not been successful but at least they tried their hardest. Better than sitting back and just accepting the situation.

As for your comments of 'a few letters' and 'a few written boards on sticks', the reality is that close on 1000 people, encouraged and assisted by SAV, took the time and trouble to write letters of objection. And the majority of signs, many of which were vandalised, were produced professionally - not 'written' which suggests an amateur approach.

Professional development and traffic consultants were retained but all of that takes money, again contributed by very many people in the village. Add a property lawyer to the mix and things start to get beyond the resources available.

Perhaps a few facts that you should have.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  10:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reckoned AngmeringAl's comments and observations would either be treated with the contempt they deserve or people would respond with a measured and factual reply. Derek's words are of the latter variety. Presumably AngmeringAl is ambivalent to what happens to the village. How sad is that?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  11:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like work has now started on Roundstone Lane - one of the hottest days of the year, and they are having massive bonfires - creating smoke so thick it is causing breathing problems, and road visibility issues, not counting all the ash falling on our houses and gardens - yet again developers are treating us with total contempt - please complain to ADC Environmental Health as I have done to get this burning stopped. If they must cut down all the trees, they can cart them away instead of the cheap alternative of burning. They will be making enough profit anyway.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  16:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
APC responded as follows to my question on the APC Forum:

quote:
APC have had no other information supplied to them as to any proposed works in relation to this development. Enquiries of ADC indicate that assertions from the developers that construction work is about to commence, are premature, given that a number of issues remain to be formally agreed and finalised. Such work as may presently be undertaken would be confined to archaeological surveys of the site and similar undertakings.

Any negotiations between BDW and the Rugby Club are just that - APC are not party to such discussions. One would hope that ADC and WSCC Highways will be involved in any such proposals concerning access for the duration of the construction period. Cleaning of the road system consequential to any construction work is a matter for the Highways authority to determine with the developers and their agents.

Once again, the timing of the build is not within our knowledge, much less any likely occupation of such houses as may be built. Provided the developers break the ground within the maximum specified period, the final delivery time of the finished product is as "long as a piece of string." APC are no less frustrated by such vagaries than the rest of our fellow residents.
There was an opportunity for APC to attend the Rugby Club meeting - at least a District Councillor had the nous to attend - and they would have been able to learn at first hand what was happening to site traffic, when the build-out in Roundstone Lane was going to be removed, and when the first show house will be available for viewing (understand December 2014). They could have made their feelings know to the developers and followed up any concerns they or residents had.

I bet all the parish councillors are saying "Well, it was not my responsibility to go to the meeting myself or send somebody along". There is an old maxim in quality assurance relating to organisations: "Quality is everyone's business but it can easily become nobody's business". Did someone at APC take a decision not to attend or was it nobody's responsibility to make that decision?

Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  16:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So they sit there waiting for someone to tell them something. Just about sums up their attitude all through this process from the very beginning.
Go to Top of Page

ibel

11 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  17:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucky duck, I think you will find that the bonfire was coming from a private house in Roundstone lane
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  17:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pound Place probably since there has been some serious tree felling in that property over the past couple of days.

quote:
Originally posted by ibel

Lucky duck, I think you will find that the bonfire was coming from a private house in Roundstone lane

Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  18:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is all very well, everyone bashing the Parish Councillors, but they have very little clout when it comes
to planning matters. The Parish Council must have spent a considerable time and effort opposing the Barratts
and VHB planning applications. If you had read page after page of inaccuracies and objections as I did,
together with SAV's objections, you would have thought that Arun Councillors may have taken note. I attended
the meeting when planning permission was granted and you would have thought that the Arun planners were
actually working for the builders instead of just giving their 'expert' opinions. The real villains, of
course, in this sorry episode of Angmering's life, are the Arun Councillors, who don't give a damn about
our village. They are only interested in their grand infrastructure plans and will plonk houses wherever
they can to get their hands on the Section 106 money that the builders have to pay. This money is supposed
to be spent on the area where the development is but you can bet your life that Arun will spend as little
as they can in Angmering! Next May you have your chance to vote out these useless Arun councillors and you
also have the chance to put yourselves up for election, not only as a District Councillor but also as
Parish Councillor. You will then be able to see how easy it is to sort it all out instead of moaning!
Go to Top of Page

AngmeringAl

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  18:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can all moan to our hearts content now , the houses are coming and my point was that they were always coming , SAV or anyone else was never going to prevent it , but it looks like they can now avoid building any facilities for the area etc or having the entrance on the byepass .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000