Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 2)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2014 :  17:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shameful, an absolute disgrace and not unexpected IMO.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2014 :  19:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arun's Director of Planning, Cllr Ricky Bower, who is a member of the Development Control Committee, initially wished to defer any decision on the Applications to consider what the draft S106 Agreement had to say on schooling and transport. Nearly all the other councillors on that committee agreed with him, but the chair of the committee appeared to strongly support the planners and pushed for a rewording of the school provision. As a result, some hasty rewording on the school provision was agreed that allowed approval of all three Applications. Both Arun and Angmering will no doubt come to regret that rewording as it could possibly (and probably) allow both developers and the County Council to wriggle out of their obligations. Running behind time, the committee somehow forgot to discuss further the wording of the S106 Agreement in respect of transport and particularly the impact on the A259!

It is also incredible that Arun District Council has been railroaded into reneging on their policy of 30% of new developments to have affordable homes, allowing a reduction to 20% in the case of these three Angmering Applications. This allows developers to make an additional financial contribution to facilitate the provision of a primary school, but no doubt still making a substantial profit at the expense of those in Angmering and surrounding district who really need affordable housing. Cllr Bower's wife, also a councillor on the Development Control Committee, went as far as suggesting that green space could be reduced to allow developers to squeeze in more housing, in order they could make a greater financial contributions - (derision from fellow councillors and the public gallery!).
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2014 :  19:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whether you are a Tory or not, I reckon this spells the end of our councillors, and if ADC acts in this way for the Barnham, Eastergate, etc area, presumably their councillors will be out of a job as well, and good riddance to people who are useless at protecting their electorate.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  06:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a period in the meeting when I thought we might see a rejection of the first of the three Planning Applications under consideration as Councillor after Councillor spoke against the recommendation. That would have impacted on the subsequent applications as the arguments being put forward were the same.

Then it became clear that it all hung on the provision of money for infrastructure projects and schools became an easy rallying point. Amendment of the provisions for school provision, hurriedly compiled 'on the hoof' satisfied the objectors and the mood changed, resulting in approval. The remaining applications then fell like dominoes.

No consideration of traffic issues, medical facilities, water, sewerage and the loss of community was involved in the decision. Both our local District Councillor, Andy Cooper, (Chair of Rustington Parish Council and Vice Chair of ADC) and our APC Councillor, Albert Mariner did workmanlike jobs objecting to the applications but there was no passion involved.

Not unexpected but a sad day nevertheless.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  07:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"but their was no passion involved"

Passion = love and commitment. When push came to shove, as it did yesterday, which of our ADC Councillors showed these traits. None by the sound of it.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  09:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cllr Dudley Wensley was also there giving his moral support to Cllr Andy Cooper's speech!

Best speeches against Applications, given with some passion, came from Angmering residents Derek Dainton, Sue Ware, Simon Brennan, and Robert Fisher. Well done to all of them.

I still cannot believe that councillors re-worded in approx. 10 minutes what was effectively the basis of the S106 legal agreement for the provision of a primary school. What legal experience do any of them or the planners have to make such a decision on the wording. In view of the mess that the councillors and planners have got themselves into over financial contributions from developers and the County Council's unsatisfactory responses, I think it would take lawyers some considerable time to reach acceptable and robust wording on the school provision issue.

Anyway, forget people's lives, they were falling behind with the agenda and needed to move on!

These are the same people who will determine the 2000 BEW homes and infrastructure!
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  10:41:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the efforts of the Save Angmering Village team who spoke against the proposal.

The whole issue of the additional housing and the tremendous opposition within the village is an ongoing nightmare. The developers aided and abetted by ADC Planners are just riding roughshod over us all. It is sickening. With primary school/infrastructure being ignored we can only imagine the chaos in Roundstone Lane and the A259 when the diggers and huge lorries begin moving in!
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  11:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we always have the opportunity for passive obstruction - not blocking the highway, as that is illegal, but we can always make life very uncomfortable for them, and remember the more we delay them in building, especially when the workmen are on site, the more it will cost them. I remember at one of the 'open' days, when a Barratts bloke said to me, these days are a waste of time, we always get what we want. Maybe the time is coming for us to take some direct action, and also make it clear to the idiots who class themselves as professional planners that they are not always so clever.
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  12:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Car transporters either side of Roundstone Lane might hinder the lorries! Any chance of tree preservation orders or newt nesting sites? How about a street party on the verge? How long before they dig up the pinch point to allow ease of access for the construction traffic? Mid week rugby club activities with cars parked along the verge? No yellow lines so presumably legal?
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  18:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember when residents in Bersted were protesting against development proposals in their area - they decided to drive everywhere at 10 m.p.h. It was a very effective and legal way to make the point!
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  19:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Letters to the Editor in today's Daily Telegraph have raised some interesting points concerning planning. The final letter from a gentleman living in Hurstpierpoint highlighted that....."The company promoting this project has a director who is leading the Government's Planning Guidance Review"! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters/10817589/Imposing-a-land-value-tax-would-encourage-building-on-brownfield-sites.html

Driving up and down the A259 at 10 m.p.h. will not be a demonstration soon but a sad fact of life as the traffic increases and watch out for the painting of double yellow lines in Roundstone Lane now that their absence has been made known.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  20:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we just need to get the car transporter deliveries co-ordinated - those, combined with building material delivery lorries, cement mixers, and no doubt the cars from the director's of Barratts coming to gloat, could all be tied up in one excellent traffic jam. Being locals we will know of suitable pre-planned escape routes!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  20:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too would like to thank Sue and all the SAV supporters, this would have all happened a lot sooner without them. Does anyone know whether they have to submit new plans for the 10% reduction in affordable housing as the design will have to change quite a lot?
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  20:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately there are no escape routes by car! To get out of Bramley Green you need to use Roundstone Lane. We could have temporary car breakdowns on the Roundstone Lane roundabout preventing lorries going down there. With the A259 gridlock, this should be fairly easy to accomplish. How about elderly persons electric scooters going up and down Roundstone Lane. Am sure we can lobby Rustington care homes and get them to travel from there along the A259 and then need recharging at Roundstone Lane (kind household needed there to recharge their batteries) and, of course, we must have some coming from the other direction , so no overtaking and car transporters in place both sides of the lane. The Bus could also help though the authorities will probably remove the bus stop soon
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2014 :  15:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Much criticism has been levelled at ADC Councillors for the recent agreement to development in the village. And certainly our own ADC Councillors have not covered themselves in glory. Whilst the Council operates under a degree of pressure from central Government, the main complaint against them is that they were not seen to stand up for their constituents. And on that element they must be judged in the future.

But what about the Parish Council? Time and again Save Angmering proposed a collaborate stance with the Council to present a united front of objection to the foreseen developments. But this was avoided. Again, they would have benefited by being seen to do what most right thinking people would have considered sensible.

To what degree this stance was the product of the Chairman's own agenda will remain a mystery, but perhaps the Council going forward under new leadership will recognise that they have a lot of work to do in terms of restoring the village community's trust and confidence. As a community we have little influence on the Council and its actions but let's hope we see a new order prevailing.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2014 :  17:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that this whole sorry saga has demonstrated that parish councils are pretty toothless.

If local government is ever de-layered (as has been suggested), I would not like to say which council should be disbanded - parish or district.
Go to Top of Page

Kermit

Botswana
6 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2014 :  21:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Democracy is non-existent around here I'm sorry to say.

What happened on the 8th May was the final proof (as if we needed it). As mentioned earlier, very strong arguments were presented by SAV and others. (Except perhaps Andy Cooper who, while objecting to the plans, sounded like he had lost the will to live, such was his enthusiasm) These arguments strongly expressed the feelings of the vast majority of Angmering residents regarding inadequate road infrastructure and pavements, danger to pedestrians particularly children on the school run, loss of community and insufficient school places.

After this the committee each expressed their views. They almost all said that they couldn't support the development for the aforementioned reasons. We were feeling hopeful. Could this development possibly be turned down?

Unfortunately our optimism was short-lived. Within minutes the whole situation turned 180 degrees as the issue of building a new school became the focal point. They needed to 'reword' this part of the plan to secure our village a new school. What did we end up with? No commitment from developers or WSCC just a pathetic and vague gesture at providing a school – a Free School at that, resulting in 7 out of 10 counsellors voting to support the development! Unbelievable, yet worryingly believable of our political representatives.

The part of this whole debacle that keeps going round in my head is when the Chairman said that 'she had not heard any LEGAL reasons for the development not to go ahead.' Planners and developers were always going to have that part sown-up especially when they can pick random figures out of the air. For example, according to them' only 11% of residents would use the bypass hence building an access road from the estate is not a viable option.' One would have to have been living under a rock for the past ten years not to know that is untrue! Legalities are fine but what about the human element? For our representatives to be able to disregard this in the decisions that directly affect the people is incredible and undemocratic in my view.
Upon hearing these words I realised that all the intelligent, inspiring speeches in world were never going to save Angmering and that was a very disheartening realisation indeed :-(

Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2014 :  16:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We still have a copy of the draft Arun District Council Local Plan covering the 'Roundstone Area of Change' which was circulated to residents in March 1990. It covered the period to 2001 and was written several years before the AOC, which later became Bramley Green, was developed. It is interesting to note the the Arun DC planners had identified even then that the A259 needed improvement to dual carriageway standard including at the junctions of Station Road Angmering and Roundstone Lane. They also identified that 'Roundstone Lane itself is unable to cater for much extra traffic'. Notwithstanding the large scale development which has taken place in the period since 1990, and large numbers of new houses agreed recently by the Council, it seems extraordinary that the Council has failed to ensure that the required infrastructure proposals be implemented (with the exception of the Angmering By-pass) and that it seriously considers Roundstone Lane adequate for the volume of traffic it is likely to have to support.

Click the links below for a scan of my copy. I bet ADC thought these copies were long gone!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC_zps43933a97.jpg]

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC2_zpsca61c19e.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC3_zps8fd26b7e.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC4_zps3ffdd83e.jpg

Edited by - NickR60 on 14 May 2014 16:33:09
Go to Top of Page

Rosebud
Average Member

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2014 :  16:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know if this is anything to worry about by there looked like surveying going on today in the field opposite the Swallow's Return on the A259. It looked like they were facing towards the railway track. I know it isn't in the village, but if they are planning something for that field it's going to effect all of us getting to and from Worthing and beyond!
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2014 :  16:22:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So there you have it. Not only have previous ADC administrations ignored the recognised traffic problems that existed prior to the building of Bramley Green, but the current bunch of ADC numpties, ably aided and abetted by the ADC planners, who frankly are a disgrace to their profession, who together have conspired to approve a further 370 houses in Roundstone Lane (with more to come), with no guarantees whatsoever that any improvements in infrastructure of any sort will happen in the foreseeable future. Shame on them, and shame on us for voting them into their positions of power.

quote:
Originally posted by NickR60

We still have a copy of the draft Arun District Council Local Plan covering the 'Roundstone Area of Change' which was circulated to residents in March 1990. It covered the period to 2001 and was written several years before the AOC, which later became Bramley Green, was developed. It is interesting to note the the Arun DC planners had identified even then that the A259 needed improvement to dual carriageway standard including at the junctions of Station Road Angmering and Roundstone Lane. They also identified that 'Roundstone Lane itself is unable to cater for much extra traffic'. Notwithstanding the large scale development which has taken place in the period since 1990, and large numbers of new houses agreed recently by the Council, it seems extraordinary that the Council has failed to ensure that the required infrastructure proposals be implemented (with the exception of the Angmering By-pass) and that it seriously considers Roundstone Lane adequate for the volume of traffic it is likely to have to support.

Click the links below for a scan of my copy. I bet ADC thought these copies were long gone!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC_zps43933a97.jpg]

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC2_zpsca61c19e.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC3_zps8fd26b7e.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Nick_MSM/ADC4_zps3ffdd83e.jpg

Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2014 :  18:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More double standards.

For those who attended the ADC meeting on the 30th April, or viewed the webcast, you will recall the amendment tabled by Cllr Charles (I think) to include Ford and Pagham as strategic sites in the Draft Local Plan. There is no commitment to build on a strategic site; it is just a site that has potential to be used and to some it seemed sensible to include these sites as options to reduce the burden on the 3 villages and Angmering.

After a long debate, the amendment was defeated. I seem to recall Cllr Brown saying words to the effect that the amendment could not be considered since there was not enough evidence to support Ford being included and that the council could be seen as making decisions ‘on the hoof’ if the amendment was approved, blah, blah, blah. The fact that Ford in particular has been analysed to death by ADC and it’s planners over the past few years didn’t seem to occur to Cllr Brown when she opened her mouth.

So I am incredulous that on the 8th May, the DCC could approve 370 new houses in Angmering and in the same breath, could hurriedly reword a clause ‘on the hoof’ which is of such fundamental importance to the future wellbeing of the village’s young, without taking legal advice. Whoever chaired that meeting displayed an incredible lack of experience but in particular, leadership. But leadership is something that ADC sorely lacks, from the chairman downwards. As a result the whole ADC is rotten to the core. And please don’t give me the old chestnut about government pressures; if ADC and their planners grew some balls (including Mrs Brown) and listened to the electorate, the people that matter, then Angmering might now find itself in a happier position than it does from the decisions made on the 8th May.

quote:
Originally posted by neil

Cllr Dudley Wensley was also there giving his moral support to Cllr Andy Cooper's speech!

Best speeches against Applications, given with some passion, came from Angmering residents Derek Dainton, Sue Ware, Simon Brennan, and Robert Fisher. Well done to all of them.

I still cannot believe that councillors re-worded in approx. 10 minutes what was effectively the basis of the S106 legal agreement for the provision of a primary school. What legal experience do any of them or the planners have to make such a decision on the wording. In view of the mess that the councillors and planners have got themselves into over financial contributions from developers and the County Council's unsatisfactory responses, I think it would take lawyers some considerable time to reach acceptable and robust wording on the school provision issue.

Anyway, forget people's lives, they were falling behind with the agenda and needed to move on!

These are the same people who will determine the 2000 BEW homes and infrastructure!

Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2014 :  21:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you all say the Arun Councillors are a shambles and not fit for purpose. Next May we must make sure all the ones that voted FOR the developments are defeated. Hopefully we can then get a strong bunch of councillors who will then make policy decisions that we, the electorate, voted them in for. It's called democracy, something Councillor Ricky Bower, for one, doesn't seem to understand. In the meantime lets put the frighteners up the
three main parties and vote UKIP in the European elections next Thursday.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2014 :  07:13:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And then return to traditional voting patterns when it matters?
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2014 :  20:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's up to you, Derek. I will probably continue voting for Ukip as I like their policies and they are more in tune to the ordinary person in the street. Therefore DEMOCRATIC! In this area, of course, it doesn't really matter as the Conservative will probably always win. I also think that Nick Herbert is quite a good constituency MP. Next May, however, I want to see a UKIP majority in the Arun District Council elections. That would cause a fright with the Council officers. They might have to do as there told for a change!
Go to Top of Page

Kermit

Botswana
6 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2014 :  22:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by derekdainton

And then return to traditional voting patterns when it matters?

Now there's a thought..... UKIP seems the natural choice for driving home the message of discontent - Conservatives, Labour and Lib Dems all in the firing line here. The European Election is a safe enough platform on which to do so. However, in a General Election e.t.c? I think perhaps not. A fragile economy in the hands of the even less experienced doesn't bare thinking of. Now, back to the matter in hand - dodgy developers and even dodgier Councillors....

Edited by - Kermit on 16 May 2014 22:11:35
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2014 :  17:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by seagull

As you all say the Arun Councillors are a shambles and not fit for purpose. Next May we must make sure all the ones that voted FOR the developments are defeated. Hopefully we can then get a strong bunch of councillors who will then make policy decisions that we, the electorate, voted them in for. It's called democracy, something Councillor Ricky Bower, for one, doesn't seem to understand. In the meantime lets put the frighteners up the

Not sure how you intend to do this as only 3 of the ADC Councillors are elected by Angmering and none of them voted FOR the proposal. Of course the others would have voted for houses in Angmering as it meant the houses weren't going into their wards.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2014 :  12:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ukip were top at Arun District Council in South East region with 17,913; Conservative Party second 12,824; Labour Party third 3,972; Green Party fourth 2,872; Liberal Democrat fifth 2,204.
Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2014 :  14:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it would appear that indeed people did vote UKIP at the expense of the others - development will still continue but the dynamics of the workforce will change methinks

quote:
Originally posted by seagull

Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2014 :  14:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must remember Westsussexbluenose, that these politicians are all thick skinned, and once elected have no care for what the electorate want.So the rise of UKIP, may cause them to have a small hiccough over their expenses paid for capuccino, but the only thing that will actually hurt them is when they do not get re-elected next year. However we then still have the issue of the totally un-elected officers of ADC, who seem to have total destruction of the area as their number one agenda item. How do we get rid of them?
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2014 :  21:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done to everyone who voted UKIP last Thursday. Now, next May when the District Council elections are held, if we all vote UKIP again, we could oust many of the useless councillors on Arun who obviously do not look after our interests. At least UKIP seem to be listening to what WE WANT.
Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2014 :  10:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luckyduck

You must remember Westsussexbluenose, that these politicians are all thick skinned, and once elected have no care for what the electorate want.So the rise of UKIP, may cause them to have a small hiccough over their expenses paid for capuccino, but the only thing that will actually hurt them is when they do not get re-elected next year. However we then still have the issue of the totally un-elected officers of ADC, who seem to have total destruction of the area as their number one agenda item. How do we get rid of them?

my point entirely - the original post was on building development in Angmering. You could have anyone in charge either elected or un-elected, the development will happen regardless. People who have voted for UKIP on the basis that they will treat this matter differently are living in cloud cuckoo land. We have toothless local councillors who have little or no control over the matter as evidenced by the "vote" recently. I will say this again, the corporate entities who have/will be setting up camp along the A259 will have conducted their research (read that as you will!)on the potential increase in footfall for their businesses before committing funds to any new ventures. The developments in some shape or form were a done deal long before the protests started - which came first, the superstores or the houses? - unlike the chicken and the egg its a no brainer. At the risk of repeating myself in an earlier post, for those of you who think that the local officers (whether Tory, UKIP Lib Dems uncle Tom Cobbley and all) give a toss about the people, drive north on the A24 to Broadbridge Heath and take a look at how that village has been crucified over the years. First thing they did was build a by-pass, second thing they did was allow a superstore on the outskirts (in return the road and leisure facilities were part paid for), third thing they did was speak to landowners - sound familiar??!

How do you remove an un-elected body who have their snouts firmly in the trough and have a vested interested in preserving their own wellbeing and perceived self worth with people who have the kahunas and backbone to withstand corporate influence and can stand up and be counted ?- the 64 million dollar question...
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2014 :  17:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never forget that the Arun Planners , like most ot their contempories , exist in a very rarified " Cognitive Dissonance Bubble " and are beyond any reasonable democratic control.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  16:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arun District Council has just won Council of the Year 2014. Are we living in a parallel universe?
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  16:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah - Council of the Year for what - the best council for stuffing their electorate?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  17:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder what sweeteners were required to achieve that!
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  17:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neil

I wonder what sweeteners were required to achieve that!

You could legitimacy ask N & J Building Services, who nominated ADC for this award. Based in Belevedere, Kent, their website has a gallery with some fine examples of their architectural inspired developments. Go to: http://nj-buildingservices.co.uk/gallery.html . Wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2014 :  16:58:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To quote Victor Meldrew......"I don't believe it!" Surely this is a wind up and a leg pull? ADC Council of the Year. Guess the Councillors will all be drinking "champers" now and patting each other on the back. Who voted for them, I wonder?
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  09:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry - its not as prestigious as it sounds.

"The Green Deal and Eco Awards for 2014 last night awarded Arun District Council ‘Council of the Year’, recognising its efforts to implement Green Deal & ECO projects on a large scale, or to promote the Green Deal & ECO Schemes throughout the council area."

See: http://www.arun.gov.uk/main.cfm?Type=NI&objectid=7378
Go to Top of Page

Chuckle Brother
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  09:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arun District Council wins ‘Council of the Year’ at the 2014 National Don't Give a Sh1t about the Electorate Awards.

The Don't give a Sh1t about the Electorate Awards for 2014 last night awarded Arun District Council ‘Council of the Year’, recognising its efforts to ignore the wishes of local residents on a large scale, or to promote unwanted development schemes throughout the council area.

Arun District Council saw off stiff competition from five other councils; - East Renfrewshire Council (Scot), Fife Council (Scot), London Borough of Hillingdon Newark & Sherwood and Wirral Council. None could match the arrogance and complacency of this year's winner.

Rory Bremner (Impersonator) presented Arun District Council with their award at a ceremony in central London tonight giving an uproarious impersonation of a councillor that actually cares about the people he represents. Nice one Rory!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2014 :  09:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following the decision by Arun District Council to approve applications for new housing in Roundstone Lane Save Angmering wrote to the new Chairman of the Parish Council suggesting a meeting to determine whether both parties had ongoing common objectives and, if so, what might be the basis for productive future collaboration. Reply indicated that this suggestion was to be put to appropriate Councillors and a response would be forthcoming.

So far, nothing! What is the matter with our Parish Council? Have they actually thrown in the towel on trying to stem future development? Are they worried that their 'status' could be undermined? Do they even care?

As has been commented on before we had hoped that we might see a change of direction or at least a more robust communications strategy from APC. They show all the signs that neither will materialise.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000