New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doroy
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  18:25:24  Show Profile
Have you checked out Google Earth lately. There are lots of street view camera's now

Roy Green

MrT
Average Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  17:27:24  Show Profile
Yes indeed. Most interesting. We've lived here since April 2009 and I notice the google camera view of the house shows the previous occupant's car so I guess the photo car went round about a year ago.

In case any reader doesn't know how to use this - go to google.co.uk, and put your postcode into google maps. When the map appears click on the little orange man and drag him over onto your street and put him down, after a couple of seconds the camera view will appear and you can pan around, click on the arrow to drive forward and back etc. A great time-waster!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2010 :  17:47:13  Show Profile
From one street angle my car numberplate can be clearly seen.

I reported this to Google and they have responded "We are currently reviewing the material you reported to determine whether the image should be removed from the product."

From the state of built of the Community Centre, I would suggest that Google mapped Angmering in March 2009.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2010 :  22:20:46  Show Profile
Wasn't that the time that a suspicious car was seen around the schools? Which of course turned out to the the Google street scene car with a very distinctive apparatus on the roof.

Be careful what you ask for - you just might get it.
The views expressed in this posting are those of the author and must not be taken as representing any commercial, religious, political or other body.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000