New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
499 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  10:59:32  Show Profile
Neil.. thank you for bringing this to our attention on the news page. I, for one, was unaware of this little girl's plight. I will certainly be making a donation to the fund and I'm sure other contributers to the forums also will.

debn

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  10:08:45  Show Profile
Hi , thankyou for helping with sophies fund.
we are over whelmed with the amount of help that the local village of angmering want to give.
and sophie is ever so happy to see her picture on tins all over the village.
thank you for the kind words.john,
and thankyou for all the help and support from neil.

d nugent
Go to Top of Page

John
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
499 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2010 :  16:47:50  Show Profile
I have just been informed by Sophie's mum Debbie that one of the collection tins that was in our local Coop was stolen by a customer in the last few days.
Apparently this has been caught on the CCTV system so hopefully this evil person can be recognised and hopefully prosecuted.
If the person that stole the tin happens to read this then I hope you are proud of yourself....YOU ARE SCUM.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2010 :  17:34:35  Show Profile
I have also just heard from Debbie and am so angry that someone could have taken the tin which probably had a significant amount in it.

The good news is that people have been reading the AVL newspage, the local press and other sources. Sophie's Fund has now achieved about half of its target which has allowed Sophie's family to make arrangements for getting the operation done in the USA. A date has been set in July.

In the meantime, there is still much fund raising to be done. All contributions, however small, will be most appreciated to HELP SOPHIE WALK.
Go to Top of Page

hairspray

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2010 :  19:12:46  Show Profile
Is there a bank account set up for the fund as I and would happily pay a donation direct to the bank.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2010 :  19:28:37  Show Profile
Yes, see News page - article dated 20 January.
Go to Top of Page

Guiseppe
Average Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2010 :  09:57:44  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by neil

I have also just heard from Debbie and am so angry that someone could have taken the tin which probably had a significant amount in it.

Two weeks ago having put a donation into the box in the Coop by their till, I pointed out to the chap behind the till that this box needed to be secured with a chain otherwise it would surely get stolen which I have seen happen to charity tins in the past when living in London.
I received a grunt and a blank look from the assistant and obviously my warning was ignored - sadly in this case my prediction came true !
Go to Top of Page

Remarque
Average Member

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2010 :  14:06:36  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, that's dreadful

Hope they catch the person who did this
Go to Top of Page

jonah890
Average Member

39 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2010 :  19:06:17  Show Profile
HOW SICK.I wonder if the coop are able to print copies of the suspect in action, (if 100% certain of time etc). Could these then be put in other shops in the back areas so the staff might be able to help catch this person.
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2010 :  22:23:35  Show Profile
Maybe this cloud could have a silver lining - get the story in the local paper, even on the radio or TV - it would generate publicity.

(Plus increase the chances of someone squealing on this lowlife.)

Even get the video on Youtube.

Then twitter and facebook sending a link, story and request people to pass it on. The news may pick it up and possibly it goes viral. Good publicity for the child and maybe the thief gets caught.

Edited by - BFA on 16 Feb 2010 22:46:08
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2010 :  23:15:06  Show Profile
Do the Police or PCSO get a chance to look at the CCTV image, or has this already been done?
Go to Top of Page

John
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
499 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2010 :  09:19:09  Show Profile
Congrats to Angmering School on doing the breakfast detailed on the news page. Great idea.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000