Cars block roads in BG
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  12:34:29  Show Profile
I have held off posting and complaining for a number of months now but enough is enough. There are approx. 3-4 regular cars in Bramley Way parking just in front of the poorly positioned one way/road block whatever you would call it. I believe one of these cars coule have been hit when we had the icy spell - not really surprising given the way they abandon their vehicles. Turning left out of Oakwood Drive is very dangerous - often there are cars approaching on the wrong side of the road clearly travelling above the speed limit, and I have run into a number of people who refuse to let one pass through when already half way through the section.

Anyone else particularly turning left out of Oakwood Drive share these thoughts? I think double yellow lines are needed

hairspray

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  13:35:51  Show Profile
If Double yellows are put anywhere then it will make all the side turnings very full of parked cars.I live in Nursery Rd and have to say I do not find this road too bad although a lot more cars are parked badly in Bramley Way.I always drive slowly and carefully in and out of the estate , but I do find the manners of lots of drivers coming in and out of this estate much worse than I ever found when I lived in London and a town centre where we moved from a year ago.I am not saying that all the drivers on this estate are rude though, do not wish to be rude to anyone it could be visitors, delivery drivers etc.I have to admit that I do park a car on Nursery Rd.
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  15:50:59  Show Profile
The problem seems to be that although all BG houses have either garages or parking spaces (or both)people don't park in them & so end up parking on the street.With the restricted width of BG roads & the pinchpoints this inevitably leads to problems with 2 way traffic & will be worse once construction vehicles on the Angmering School 6th form building appear.I find it odd that drivers would risk having their vehicles damaged unnecessarily in this way.There is also the risk of vandalism against parked cars which seems rife in all areas lately.
I read recently that Insurance companies may start looking at claims where premiums, based on cars declared as being garaged(to obtain lower premiums presumably)are in fact parked on the street & this may affect the validity of policies.With the ever increasing "Big brother" surveillance society this could extend to all vehicles so "Drivers beware!!! "
Go to Top of Page

angmeringpaul

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  09:46:00  Show Profile
My understanding is that the deeds/leases for the Bramley Green developement states that no road parking is allowed for residents.
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  11:24:56  Show Profile
That is interesting. I have noticed an increase in people leaving their cars in the road, one in particular causing me problems to even enter/exit my own flipping driveway. It is obviously down to people being lazy as a number of houses have their driveway/garage behind the house which will take someone an extra 10 seconds to reach their door!!

Am I right in thinking the council couldn't do anything anyway because the road maintenance is still in the hands of the developers?
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  13:00:57  Show Profile
Angmeringpaul
As far as I know all properties in BG are freehold but you are quite correct in that the covenants contained within the property deeds specify no long term parking in common areas of the estate, only in the designated garages & parking spaces for each property.Exception is allowed for maintenance vehicles,waste collection & delivery services for short periods of time. Also prohibited is parking of commercial vehicles,caravans,boats;repair of vehicles at the roadside &,ironically, erection of tv aerials. The fact, of course,is that the builders/developers have taken no action, to date,over infractions of the covenants & are highly unlikely to do so now that the estate is complete.Indeed I recently contacted Redrow who took over Westbury Homes (one of the BG developers) over an NHBC issue, only to be told that they no longer had any interest or responsibilty for the estate.
Similarly with NickR60's point, since the roads, etc. have still not been adopted by the Local Authority & seem unlikely to be for the foreseeable future then I seriously doubt that they will do anything.Although as the roads through BG estate are therefore deemed private it is a moot point as to whether any speed limit or other restriction could be enforced by any of the Councils or police. Perhaps our PC could enlighten us as to what action they or any authority could take if necessary.

Perhaps if the roads were in a one way sytem - down Bramley Way and along Rowan Way back to Nursery Road & Roundstone Lane that would ease traffic flow through the estate.

Edited by - BRAM on 14 Mar 2009 13:11:09
Go to Top of Page

bgresident

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  13:29:56  Show Profile
What about the idiots who park at pinchpoints over the markings where cars are supposed to stop to give way to oncoming traffic. Bottom line is that they don't give a sh*t. Also the speed of many BG drivers along Nursery Road is an utter disgrace and until a child is hurt, nothing will be done.
Go to Top of Page

hairspray

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  14:25:01  Show Profile
I do not see anything wrong with parking on the road as long as it is done in a sensible place.I would never block a drive or park by the give way signs on a pinch point.I admit I need to empty my garage of unpacked boxes and should park a car in there as well as using my parking bay and this will have to be done soon.I agree with BG resident that the speed of some traffic in Nursery rd is way too fast and most times not by youths in old cars!! Even if we all parked in garages and our drives what about visitors cars or if residents sons and daughters cars owned cars as well.A car is an insured piece of metal that we all use and value but if damaged can be repaired or replaced.A life damaged by speeding car is something to be really concerned about.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  15:57:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hairspray

I do not see anything wrong with parking on the road as long as it is done in a sensible place.
Well, if Angmeringpaul is correct in his understanding that "deeds/leases for the Bramley Green developement state that no road parking is allowed for residents" then householders there have entered into a contractual agreement not to park on the roads and are open to legal action if they do - although it seems somewhat unlikely.
Go to Top of Page

bgresident

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  17:26:46  Show Profile
That is absolutely correct, the deeds/leases for BG residents prohibit parking on the roads Perhaps we should get Andrea to look into this and take action. Frankly. I am sick to death of having to weave in and out of cars along Nursery Road just because people are too lazy to park around the corner on their own drives. No excuses, it is pure laziness!

Furthermore, if the fire brigade ever had to respond to an incident, there have been occasions when the position of cars would prevent the attendance of an emergency vehicle - and yes I do know what I'm talking about as I served as a retained fire fighter some years ago. No b****r, no matter how skillful, would be able to negotiate the room left to manouvre when Nursery Road is overflowing with parked cars.

Edited by - bgresident on 14 Mar 2009 17:30:21
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  18:13:50  Show Profile
Nightmare situation.
As I understand it - and I could be wrong, so it worth checking out what I say - the Covenants on the properties are really only enforceable by the developers. As you have already found out, now the developers are finished they will not be interested one bit in trying to enforce the parking rules. Even then. you would still have the problems with visitors.

Other powers are pretty powerless (sorry), until the roads have been adopted which means at the moment everyone is sort of in limbo.

A suggestion that may help is for the residents to form a proper residents association which could then work to getting things done that need to be done.
Apart from getting those roads adopted you also need to get the sewers adopted which I believe, you need to get the road adopted before they will do the sewers.

At the moment, everything is quite new and as such, serviceable. The Water Company can take on the sewers as they are new. However, if time goes on too long, everyone will start looking at repairs/maintenance to be carried out before they will take on adoption. That means the residents will have to pay.

If you had a residents society set up, it would give you more clout to get things done, and you could push for things to move much quicker than individuals trying on their own.
The Parish Council would also have more say with the Council/Water Company as they could then work with the Residents association. You could work togther to push things along.

Also, if you have a residents association, you may just find it a bit easier to get the parking problem sorted out - although lets be honest, you will never achieve total harmony on parking!

Hope that is of some help. I really think this is a case where you need to get together to ensure everything gets soone as it should.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

Commuter

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  18:26:44  Show Profile
Many covenants are enforceable by those who have bought property from the developer. So, if you fancy suing your neighbours you probably can.

http://www.desktoplawyer.co.uk/dt/browse/law/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewcontent&sid=75919&aid=35100

Why not set up a BG residents association, charge a modest annual fee (as on the Willowhayne and Sea Estate) use the money to bring test cases against the worst miscreants and see if this has the desired deterrent effect. You also have the added bonus that if it works, BG will stop looking like an overcrowded car park, will therefore become more desirable and property values should increase as a result.

Commuter
Go to Top of Page

skippy2107
Average Member

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2009 :  19:28:03  Show Profile
I am a firefighter now and agree with BG Resident. Unfortunately there's not much the fire service can do. Perhaps Andrea Oakley can get involved..?

Bramley Green parking has been getting worse over the years and will eventually end up like every other new estate. No one will pay attention to covenants if they can't be enforced. That is the country we live in.
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2009 :  11:42:01  Show Profile
Whilst Patty's comments are as usual helpful & supportive to the issues under discussion & the answer is probably an active residents association prodding the "powers that be" into action. Although if the rush of applicants to become PC members is anything to judge by then that may be a non starter.
This does seem yet another example of local authorities only too eager to allow builders/developers free rein in order to rake in additional revenue from council tax & whatever other sweeteners that they can squeeze from the deal,but then failing to safeguard the housebuyers/council taxpayers by ensuring adequate infrastructure & build quality of such estates. The scam of not adopting the roads & sewers has been operated by Local Authorities for quite some time & it is quite clear why they drag their feet over this - fear that they may have to spend money on making good inferior work they allowed the builders to carry out.Having already paid a small fortune to buy their homes & paid the escalating cost of annual council tax, houseowners are then left to pick up the bill for repairs that should be covered by council tax. Why should areas that have enjoyed & still continue to do so, the assurance that if the roads or sewers outside their properties collapse then they will not be faced with the nightmare of major repair costs when we all contribute to the same pot of money that our councils spend?
With regard to covenants I have found in all the properties that I have purchased that they are legal jargon with little practical point or purpose in most cases involving ordinary, modern day houses. They are basically a waste of time & probably inserted in documents to cover the initial bulders & justify extortionate legal fees but merely confuse the ordinary person & add little, if anything to the transaction.

Edited by - BRAM on 15 Mar 2009 11:44:49
Go to Top of Page

angmeringpaul

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2009 :  10:52:25  Show Profile
I would imagine (call me a cynic if you like) that the developers put in the covenant about residents not parking in the roads so that they could sweeze in even more houses by having narrower roads?
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2009 :  12:51:41  Show Profile
With reference to parking & speeding in the BG estate.I recently wrote to WSCC to query whwn the Bg roads will be adopted & the response received today is as follows:
"There is an agreement in place, however following a speed survey the layout does not meet requirements for a 20mph zone we are waiting for developers proposals to resolve this matter. Until then no certificates can be issued".
My own experience with one of the developers is that they are no longer interested & I suspect that will be the attitude of the other 4 developers involved so it begs the question what /if anything will WSCC,ADC & APC now?
Go to Top of Page

anthony
Average Member

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  19:40:20  Show Profile
I completely agree with you BGresident. These people are too lazy to park their cars in their garages or driveways. They are also completely oblivious of how awkward they make it for everyone else who has to negotiate their idiotic parking. Who in their right mind would park their vehicle in front of a traffic calming island effectively blocking your view of oncoming traffic as happens regularly in Nursery Road? I suggest posting model and registration number of repeat offenders. As NickR60 says "enough is enough".
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  22:34:57  Show Profile
Sorry not be on here in a while. It seems as though this on going problem isn't getting any better. In fact, recently there have also been vans left at the end of Oakwood Drive/Bramley Way making it even harder for people to pass safely. Repeat offenders include a Nissan 4X4, Renault Clio, Jaguar and the mentioned vans. Is there anything that can be done or is it a case of mentioning/yelling to these owners?!
Go to Top of Page

compost
Advanced Member

265 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  21:42:45  Show Profile
A response (from one member) on another topic states,

Unfortunately I think its just one of lifes lessons , "Dont by a house within spitting distance of social housing"

Seems like you house owners are not so law abiding
Go to Top of Page

rhubarb

11 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  00:51:41  Show Profile
Funny, I thought this thread was about where people were parking their cars in silly places, not their houses
In an ideal world I am sure plenty of BG residents would love to move their house somewhere else, but since they are all neigbours it would be nice if people could park and drive with consideration for other road users
Go to Top of Page

anthony
Average Member

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  18:17:45  Show Profile
What a bizarre analogy Compost! Inconsiderate parking of cars by some owners is not illegal whereas vandalism of a childs playground is. Are you suggesting that the two are comparable?
Go to Top of Page

compost
Advanced Member

265 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  07:44:55  Show Profile
Anthony - while it may not be illegal (my choice of words were probably not the best) it was more a comment on the inconvenience/nuisance the issue creates.

Rhubarb - While I accept the thread was not about the housing issue - I did not see any comments challenging the Social Housing comment made in the Playground issues topic. May be again we have someone who feels that those that live in this type of accommodation are in some way not worthy.
Go to Top of Page

rhubarb

11 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2009 :  17:08:12  Show Profile
I have noticed this week that there have been fewer cars on Nursery Road and better considered parking... I was just thinking on a positive note that if there's anyone out there who has changed where they park as a result of reading the comments on here then they deserve thanks, as I am sure it will be appreciated by many of the road's users.

P.S. (Compost, regarding your post above - your disagreement with anthony is nothing to do with me... the majority of forum users have not commented on that subject. If you do have further comment on your grievances, it would be best placed in the thread to which you are referring, not this one, which is about parking)
Go to Top of Page

himnme

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2009 :  13:25:56  Show Profile
Maybe some well placed nails..... JOKE! It is dispiriting that even when the local drunks trash side windows and wing mirrors the "can't be arsed to clear out my garage to use it for the purpose intended" don't get the message and still continue to park on the road - a distinct no-no in terms of the agreements they made. Given the new build in Rowan Way and the complete lack of interest in on road parking from WSCC (we objected to the build until the on road situation was resolved) the message from on high seems to be "live with it". Mind you the deeds also clearly say that you should keep you front garden tidy - something the morons who put out their rubbish sacks AFTER the collection on Monday are also thumbing their noses at. An alternative might be to log the offending vehicles, with photos, to the FixMyStreet website (http://www.fixmystreet.com/) - a bit of public humiliation may work.......
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2009 :  15:40:45  Show Profile
Parking may well have improved in Nursery Road but it is still very difficult entering and exiting Oakwood Drive/Bramley Way from the roundabout. These owners obviously don't read the forum! I wonder if a polite note through people's doors along Bramley Way giving a pointer to this thread might help.
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  17:56:54  Show Profile
It appears these offenders have returned (not that they ever went away). I am sick to death of people blocking the Bramley Way/Oakwood Drive junction.

A white BMW 1 series, silver Vauxhall Vectra and a blue Astra are the main offenders. Have some blo*dy respect and park your vehicles on your drive, or at least away from a junction. If you needed to access this junction you may appreciate how difficult it has become.
Go to Top of Page

bgresident

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  18:33:59  Show Profile
I've moved to another part of Angmering but still visit friends and a relative here quite regularly. Anyone who parks along Nursery Rd is both inconsiderate but above all lazy. It is a bloody nuisance trying to weave in and out of cars and those who can't be bothered to take their cars around the corner to their allocated spaces have no respect for fellow residents. Property covenants clearly state no resident parking along this road.

I see the skatepark continues to cost us money - what a joke!!!
Go to Top of Page

jammer

172 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  19:05:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bgresident

I've moved to another part of Angmering but still visit friends and a relative here quite regularly. Anyone who parks along Nursery Rd is both inconsiderate but above all lazy. It is a bloody nuisance trying to weave in and out of cars and those who can't be bothered to take their cars around the corner to their allocated spaces have no respect for fellow residents. Property covenants clearly state no resident parking along this road.

I see the skatepark continues to cost us money - what a joke!!!

just out of interest, are there any visitor spaces? If not where do visitors park?

..//.//..//..//..
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  19:11:41  Show Profile
To be fair, most houses have drive ways big enough to accomodate other vehicles. If not, then at least park somewhere safe - heck it might involved walking an extra 25 yrds. People parking on junctions/blocking pinch points must be off their rocker IMO. They would be the first to complain should someone knock off their wing mirror, or plough into the car.
Go to Top of Page

bgresident

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  19:29:48  Show Profile
As far as I know, the covenants specifically refer to residents not visitors. I assume this is to prevent regular parking but as NickR60 says, most houses have big enough drives/spaces in front of garages to accomodate other vehicules. Agree with Nick, it's just so selfish how some residents park their cars right next to pinch points which in turn causes obstruction.

Edited by - bgresident on 06 Mar 2010 19:42:08
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  19:47:41  Show Profile
The offending vehicles are certainly residents. What gets up my back is their driveways are actually not used, yet they risk the safety of others just to save an extra 10 yrd walk. It really beggars belief! Maybe they need to attend one of the aerobic/fitness classes at the community centre.

I know people have tried (and failed) in the past to have something done about this, but something really does need to happen now before things turn ugly.
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2010 :  10:17:07  Show Profile
I agree with the comments regarding careless,inconsiderate & dangerous parking on the BG roads which might be resolved by double yellow lines on both/one side of the road along Bramley Way,Rowan Way & Nursery Road & various other junction points.
However until the matter of road adoption is dealt with by WSCC then parking enforcement by "this well trained,highly regulated,dedicated resource to stop people parking in the wrong place" - i.e. the new Civil Enforcement Officers recently announced by Derek Whittington (Strategic Planning & Transport for WSCC)will never materialise in BG.

By the way didn't we used to have a similar group of people called "Traffic Wardens?" Why do councils persist in trying to reinvent the wheel?
Go to Top of Page

Guiseppe
Average Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2010 :  16:38:30  Show Profile
There is no signage in Nursery Road to indicate any parking restrictions and it is simply naive to think that residents and visitors are never going to park between the pinch points !
The existing signs however clearly indicate a 20 MPH speed restriction and there are ' give way 'signs at both ends of the restricted section.
The real problem in Nursery Road is the extent to which totally selfish drivers completely ignore these signs on a residential road with a numer of young families.
I have witnessed cars driving down this road at ridiculous speeds at all times of the day and night.The attitude of some seems to be, this is an approach road to BG so out of my way !
Ironically the presence of parked cars seems to act as a brake to this 'race track' minority.If the 20 MPH restriction and the 'give way'signs are observed there is no problem getting by any parked vehicles in my experience.
Hopefully when the new traffic calming arrangement comes into effect later this year the speeding problem should be resolved to the benefit and safety of everybody particulary the residents of Nursery Road
Go to Top of Page

240felicia

172 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2010 :  16:14:04  Show Profile
The large number of parked cars between the two pinch points reduces the visibility for other road users, making it dangerous for everyone... pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, residents or visitors.
In particular, those who choose to park immediately in front or behind the pinch points are in my opinion making matters worse, as they cause people to have to drive into the middle of the road to see round the parked cars.

It was a ridiculous idea of the developers to implement no parking outside people's homes.
When we were looking for a home on Bramley Green, several houses had to be crossed of our list merely because they did not have long enough driveways for our 2 largish vehicles... the whole system of off street parking is badly planned and insufficient for use by families with more than one car in many cases, let alone visitors, but the fact still remains that a lot of people do not park with consideration for other road users.

I do not for one moment make any excuses for those who drive too fast through BG, but it amazes me that you appear to suggest that parking in a way that obstructs visibility for road users is in some way a good thing.

hello nice to meet you ;o)

Edited by - 240felicia on 08 Mar 2010 16:24:18
Go to Top of Page

GreenFields
Average Member

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2010 :  21:05:13  Show Profile
I've actually found people increase their speed while approaching the Nursery Road pinch points, this is so they can try and force their way along. With all the parked cars there are sometimes no gaps, from Kinleside Way to William Olders Road. I have found that you can site there and 5+ cars can go by and you can't make any progress. The main route through the estate was badly designed.

I understood that in the designers tried to keep certain features from the Angmering Village, these being:
1. No front gardens to some properties
2. Garage Compounds
3. Painted render/brick

Trouble is things have changed, and yes the Cottages we have in the Village, with front doors out on to the pavement are mostly wonderful properties, which style suited the day they were built. But not now!
Garage compounds don't work as we see on the BG estate.
Point 3. no comment (yet!).

When I bought my Property, Bryant told us there would be no parking on the streets. So I chose a property which had a drive, as I didn't want to park in a compound and then have to walk to my front door.

A solution for Nursery Road would be to remove all trees on the South side and make one long lay-by. Then no other parking allowed. But this doesn't fix all the other parking issues.

When my child was first born I used to push the Pram round the estate. I was forever having to go into the road to pass cars. One day I counted 123 cars either on the road or on the pavements. And that was only half the estate.

Sorry I've rambled on now too long. Must mean I'm getting old!

Last comment (for now) - Did everyone get the Road Survey which was posted through in Jan (I think). A company had been asked to look at the traffic calming in Nursery Road and come up with a proposal.
They were basically looking at putting a raised brick area at Ashmore Av and Horton Place. 'll try and dig the letter out and post details.

I phoned them and left my feedback. I don't think this will have any effect and when I asked what time they did the survey, the lady didn't know. I think during the day Nursery Road is a lot clearer.

If you made it this far, congrats and sorry for length of post. I'll go away now for another month or so :).

Go to Top of Page

hairspray

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  06:37:53  Show Profile
One of the problems is that as children get older that live in the houses they also want cars so some familts may have up to 4 cars.Also As I live in Nursery Rd I do not see why the trees should have to go.This road is moaned about all yhe time and I for one would fight if it was suggested the trees go.Also having checked with the local police station and the council they have both told me it would not be possible to stop cars parking on the roads at all.Looking at some of the closes around here the parking is worse.All everyone needs to do is drive slower.I know I will be shouted at , but I have thick skin.
Go to Top of Page

GreenFields
Average Member

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  07:43:06  Show Profile
I agree and that's why something should be done now. In 10-15 years all the current kids on the estate will want to have a car.

The estate is just badly designed. Houses do need drives and garages next to, or in front of their houses.
There are some roads on the estate that are designed like this and they don't then have the parking problems.

Maybe for 1 week people could stop parking on Nursery Road to see what a difference it could make.
Go to Top of Page

Commuter

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  12:38:32  Show Profile
I agree that driving more slowly would be a good start. Have the idiots who think that their cars won't drive below 40mph every paused to consider just how little time they save by driving at 40 rather than 20 over a half mile stretch? I'm also amazed at the numbers who drive too fast with children in their car. The basic equation seems to escape them that they are putting their own children, as well as those of other families, at much greater, needless risk.

As for parking on BG it seems inevitable that this will get worse as children grow up, and today's two car families turn into four or five car families. But, this can be of no surprise to anyone living on BG. It must have been obvious that with so many five and six bed houses built to three storeys on small plots, that this was the future for the estate? It's all about choice eg you can buy on the Dell, smaller houses but ample parking in most parts or pay 600k+ for a big house and big plot on the Willowhayne. BG is a compromise - big, relatively cheap houses but narrow roads and hopeless parking.

Commuter
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  13:42:01  Show Profile
Whilst the developers are obviously culpable for skimping on parking spaces, local authorities are also to blame for allowing developers to buy their way out of providing adequate parking & open spaces in housing estates like BG.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000