travellers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eliza

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  18:11:37  Show Profile
Just to let you all know, travellers have set up at the end of Greenwood Drive opposite the school.

dl

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  19:56:37  Show Profile
Seen them...be interesting to see if anybody in authority does anything about them on a quick basis.....lock up everything!! Including your pets

Edited by - roosterbri on 30 Jul 2013 19:57:26
Go to Top of Page

Eliza

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  21:31:28  Show Profile
Well I phoned arun dc and the police and they said were sending someone to deal with it, whatever that means!

dl
Go to Top of Page

angmeringpaul

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  08:38:16  Show Profile
I think that the council take the view that if they move them on then all summer they will be going round in small circles as the travellers won't go more than a mile or two and the process starts again. At the end of the summer they will go home of their own accord with enough money to see them through the year.

Don't employ them and they wont keep coming.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  10:25:04  Show Profile
Surely if they were of a mind WSCC, ADC and APC between them could arrange a Bye-Law that prohibits these cuckoos nesting on ground they do not pay rent or rates on,thereby allowing the Police/Councils to act straightaway, this would prevent this annual migration..........or would that harm their ""Uman Rites""??

Obviously the Parishioners Human Rights to not have these people on their doorstep do not count for anything
!!!
Go to Top of Page

Eliza

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  13:24:57  Show Profile
Well we as tax and council tax payers have no rights at all. I live in Greenwood Drive and are outraged that nothing was done even though I called the police when they were setting up. There are a lot of elderly people who live on their own right next to where they are,I am concerned for them. And where are they going to the toilet ? Right there I expect and leave us with a contaminated area, This is our lovely village and its being ruined and nobody in authority cares. I am furious and dont feel safe here anymore.

dl
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  14:06:03  Show Profile
Please remember the planners in Arun have far more important things to do, such as despoil our village further with their unwanted, and anti democratic support for the developers, so is there anyone left in Arun to even bother with something as vital to us as our human rights, safety, and eviction of these people?
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  16:08:39  Show Profile
Perhaps Arun's plan is to build on all green areas so that there is no space for these travellers to stay.

As my OH said, if we built an open fire I wonder how long it would take the police/council to act?
Go to Top of Page

Eliza

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  16:46:30  Show Profile
Just driven past, seems all but a french motor home have moved, There are travellers on the a259 just by the football pitch and Angmering school. Is this them ? or another lot I dont know , Theres remains of a fire in Greenwood Drive and what looks like a pile of rubbish at the back of the green, what a nightmare ? Does anyone know anything ?

dl
Go to Top of Page

MJB

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  17:36:22  Show Profile
All travellers gone including French Motorhome. Just watched them drive off into the sunset on the wrong side of the road!! Alls well until the next time.

Hush Puppy
Go to Top of Page

Eliza

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  18:12:06  Show Profile
Hooooooray and good riddance ! Tho feel sorry for their next victims.

dl

Edited by - Eliza on 31 Jul 2013 18:13:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000