APC Forum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jammer

172 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  20:02:09  Show Profile
OK Neil,

Enough is enough, can you provide some clarity please? I know you created the APC forum for straight answers to straight questions etc. But come on...Ps I know you are not moderating this.

There was a thread on the apc forum about the texaco roundabout, which I contributed to. Once APC had provided their answer I wanted to ask a question but fond the topic locked.

When I then asked about the policy of topic locking , my question was deleted. I then created a new thread in the APC forum to ask again about the policy of topic locking.. I know at least 25 people read this so I am not dreaming. But instead of answering me the new thread was deleted. In total today I have had my same question deleted without comment 3 times today from the APC forum.

If this is how they are going to run things on there (i.e if they don't like a question then they delete it) Then I don't want to know.

Its not like I was asking anything offensive or difficult, I just wanted to know what the policy on topic locking was after a question had been asked.

Im sorry but this form of draconian discussion management is a thing of the past. Thanks for the years of participation on the forums Neil, But I will be spending my time in the modern interactive, and open web.

Regards

..//.//..//..//..

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  20:17:35  Show Profile
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! Jammer, your postings were not deleted but removed to another more appropriate Forum - see "Angmering Organisations & Clubs - Forum" where I have answered your postings - the first one early this morning. I also emailed you a little earlier to tell you what I had done!

The Rules in APC Q&A Forum are going to be strictly applied. It was never intended as a general discussion area but a place where an individual could ask APC a question. Postings will be deleted if wrongly posted. As all this is new, your postings have been transferred to a more appropriate area and not deleted.

PS I am only aware of two of your postings being transferred.
Go to Top of Page

jammer

172 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  20:27:46  Show Profile
My apologies Neil.

I received no email, I just kept seeing my posts dissapear. Hence the frustration.

No offence but its not always clear on this style of forum if posts have moved, and without the email. I had no idea.

It would appear I have the wrong end of the stick, and so I must own up to that, and try and look more carefully in future.
Please accept my sincere apologies.

..//.//..//..//..

Edited by - jammer on 02 Nov 2011 20:31:31
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  20:44:37  Show Profile
Thanks, jammer, no damage done.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic