Road surfacing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deb8
Average Member

59 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2011 :  07:20:51  Show Profile
Does anyone know whether there are imminent plans to resurface the stretch of road from Station Road to entrance to Angmering School??
One crater is particularly deep? I had hoped that it would be dealt with during the recent school break.

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2011 :  09:16:58  Show Profile
I don't know if they have plans to do that stretch of Greenwood Drive, but if they have, I hope they also deal with Station Road itself.

The southbound lane from Dell Drive to Greenwood Drive, is a total disgrace; potholes, drain covers lower than the road level and the general road surface crumbling in many places, all on the driving line.

I wrote to WSCC well over a year ago (long before the potholes created during the cold winter weather) and I'm sure many others have done the same, without response.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2011 :  18:15:08  Show Profile
Have you tried the online service form at:

http://www.westsussex.gov.uk/leisure/getting_around_west_sussex/roads_and_pathways/report_a_problem-1/highway_form.aspx

Personally, I dislike these online forms as you frequently do not get a copy so you have no evidence that you have reported something.

Failing that, our County Councillor is usually at the Parish Council meetings.

Be careful what you ask for - you just might get it.
The views expressed in this posting are those of the author and must not be taken as representing any commercial, religious, political or other body.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2011 :  18:46:14  Show Profile
If you use the following - http://www.fixmystreet.com/ and follow the instructions, they will email the council for you and they follow up with an email to you to check if the job has been done. It has worked for me twice and promptly too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000