Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 2

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2015 :  15:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have SAV received a response from any of the candidates? Still waiting for reply from Mr Cooper.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2015 :  11:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by derekdainton

Have SAV received a response from any of the candidates? Still waiting for reply from Mr Cooper.

Yes, SAV has received several replies, including one from Andy Cooper, (but not from all we hasten to add), which will shall be publishing within the next few days in our Newsletter, on our Facebook page and SAV website.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2015 :  14:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So SAV has now received replies to the questions they posed from the majority of prospective ADC candidates. Not from Labour, who probably thought there was little point, and not from the Greens - who cares?

Looking at the rest they are all spouting the same platitudes. What we need to look at is what they have done over the past years rather than what they intend to do, which is usually pretty meaningless.

WE can only look at the Tory track record and what they have achieved in terms of protecting the village. Precious little, I would suggest. It's all very well to talk about voting against development but I can't recall the Tory Councillors have done much else than put their hand up at the vote. There was little impassioned pleas evident at full Council meetings.

So where in all the responses received is the anger, the passion for change? And as for the common theme of dualling the A259 I have asked many times how this is going to benefit Angmering itself. So far, nobody has been able to make the case. It is said that will make it more likely that people will use the By-Pass? Dream on.
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2015 :  23:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derek is right. No point in voting for Labour or the Greens - they obviously don't care and their policies are stupid. The Tory run Arun District Council stitched up Angmering with their housing allocations and don't deserve our vote. Andy Cooper was an absolute disgrace when abstaining, instead of voting against the Angmering housing numbers. Our choice is somewhat limited, I suggest we vote for the only party that seems to listen to what WE want. Join the peoples party and vote UKIP. It's called Democracy!
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2015 :  23:12:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derek is right. No point in voting for Labour or the Greens - they obviously don't care and their policies are stupid. The Tory run Arun District Council stitched up Angmering with their housing allocations and don't deserve our vote. Andy Cooper was an absolute disgrace when abstaining, instead of voting against the Angmering housing numbers. Our choice is somewhat limited, I suggest we vote for the only party that seems to listen to what WE want. Join the peoples army and vote UKIP. It's called Democracy!
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2015 :  13:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always assumed that a vote at either national or local level, is an entirely individual one.

I was not aware that anyone considers it a group vote, or that anyone speaks on my behalf.

Who exactly then is......"We."....?
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2015 :  21:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an 'Advanced Member' Bert you really are a muppet. Goodbye! I won't be reading this Forum any more.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2015 :  08:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps it was a royal 'we'! Hardly worth making a fuss about.

Today is an opportunity for us to demonstrate our disappointment with our current elected representatives at ADC, and their less than robust stand against large scale developments. Don't waste that opportunity.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2015 :  13:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the Conservative trio of Bicknell, Cooper and Wensley have been elected. So, if any new developments appear on the horizon We can now look forward to another period of robust and passionate defence.

I'm a keen advocate of democracy but signing your own suicide note does not seem a particularly wise move. Heaven help us.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000