Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 2)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2015 :  21:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with Roosterbri regarding the field. A cycle/pedestrian track IS currently being constructed on the north side of the A259 as a safe route to school for kids from Rustington. A toucan crossing is being constructed at the south end of Station Road - but they are taking their time. Think they have made an error with gradients there and remedial work is taking place!
Go to Top of Page

Rosie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2015 :  21:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
west End nursery site. Outline planning was granted for up to 195 houses. Cala homes are putting in plans for 246 homes! Where is this extra space coming from?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2015 :  08:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cannot believe Cala could squeeze any more properties on the VHB site. Probably just a try on to see what they can get away with. Hopefully there will be many objections from the community when a planning aplication is submitted.

But will Cala ever build on this site? If you look at their website, it will be seen that they build properties at the top end of the market with most costing from £0.5m to £2.m. What on earth would their affordable housing cost!
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2015 :  08:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree wholeheartedly with your comment Neil. Very overcrowded plans for far too many houses on that site. Hardly any room to swing a cat!
When developers say they plan to building "affordable housing" why is it that they never quote a price? Usually turns out that there is a "variation to the plan" and the number is reduced to make way for more "Executive" houses
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2015 :  10:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an Add-on to my comment above. I attempted to fill in on line the feedback document that I picked up at the Consultation! There is no link on this paper to any place on the Cala Homes website that I can enter my comments, that is apart from a section when I can request details of housing on a customer services page. The nearest development is in Midhurst where prices start at £475,00 for a terraced house up to £1,200,000 - even the first price is certainly NOT affordable! I have given up - I don't think they are bothered anyway about the opinion of local residents any more than Barratts/David Wilson Homes.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2015 :  11:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pansy

As an Add-on to my comment above. I attempted to fill in on line the feedback document that I picked up at the Consultation! There is no link on this paper to any place on the Cala Homes website that I can enter my comments, that is apart from a section when I can request details of housing on a customer services page. The nearest development is in Midhurst where prices start at £475,00 for a terraced house up to £1,200,000 - even the first price is certainly NOT affordable! I have given up - I don't think they are bothered anyway about the opinion of local residents any more than Barratts/David Wilson Homes.

Can I suggest that you e-mail any comments to Cala at: southconsultation@cala.co.uk and reference West End Nurseries.
In their feedback form they asked if the consultation had been helpful. My take on that is it will have only been helpful if they take note and act upon the comments and concerns of the community. I'm not holding my breath on that particularly since ADC's Local Plan is, for the time being, dead in the water and as a result developers will be able to do more or less whatever they like and ADC will be powerless to stop them and all thanks to Cllr Ricky Bower and Karl Roberts down at the town hall.

It would also be interesting to know where Angmering's Neighbourhood Plan sits as a result of the failure of the town hall failure to get it’s Local Plan approved by the Government Inspector.

Edited by - Robinf on 03 Oct 2015 11:12:28
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2015 :  13:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the link and for your very appropriate comments about the proposed building.
Go to Top of Page

Rosie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  21:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't really think the district council or the parish council will do anything.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2015 :  15:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the truth is out.

Cala Homes have increased the number of houses planned for the VHB Nursery site.

Yet another supermarket on the A259 which the Arun Planning Department has recommended be given approval.

And where are our local representatives? Admittedly APC has objected but our Arun Councillors. Not a murmur. Those who objected to my calling Councillor Cooper a waste of space might like to re-consider their previous defence!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2015 :  19:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will also be interesting to see what way the M&S Simply Food store applications goes with many parties allegedly against it.

Unfortunately, many of the punters will just go brain dead with the thought of M&S setting up locally, never mind the additional road traffic it would bring!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2015 :  17:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Littlehampton Gazette reports today that Rustington Parish Council supports the application by M&S for a new store on the A259. There's a surprise.

Quite apart from the ongoing debate about whether the land earmarked falls within Rustington or Angmering, one thing we do know. Both Andy Cooper and his wife are Rustington Parish Councillors.

Councillor Cooper holds his present position as Chair of Arun District Council solely on the basis of his current position as an Angmering Councillor. Is it too much to expect that he does something for the village that elected him?

Hopefully, when the next election comes about people will remember his track record. Perhaps he should consider whether holding multi local government roles really enables him to concentrate on serving his electorate. Mixed loyalties, perhaps?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000