New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2007 :  09:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A question raised by Lulu recently, and remarks made by other people have made in the past, made me think that perhaps a number of users of these Forums are unaware of some of the facilities available. Here are a couple:

(1) Physically searching through each Forum and its topics
Some people may only see a limited number of past topics. This is because a time limitation on the topics/postings that can be seen on their own monitors may have been selected. This can be changed by selecting a different configuration from the drop-down box at the right-hand side of each Forum. You can select to show postings in the last few days, last month, last quarter, last year or all postings, etc.

(2) Use of the Forums' Search Engine
This can be found at the top right-hand side of this page. You can enter any word(s) in the search box and that will return the topics where those words have appeared. This will show topics of say, a year ago, even though your individual Forums may have been configured to show only postings within the last month. Search engines do have their limitations. Try typing the word Aerial in the search box without changing any other variables and you will have a pretty good idea what to expect. Then try typing in Aerial Views to see the difference.

Hope this helps.

I believe in responsible free speech. I do not necessarity agree with every statement made in these Forums and do not expect everybody to agree with me

Lulu
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2007 :  14:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Neil!! I'm going to copy this out and save it. People like me who have REALLY bad memories, need a little help! LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000