Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Angmering Parish Council (Category)
 APC Question & Answer - Forum (SUSPENDED)
 APC 'no-show' at Referendum count
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  11:54:00  Show Profile
In view of critical comments made by SAV and ADC's returning officer, residents across the parish are asking why there was no APC representative at the count and declaration last night. Could APC let us know the reason why this happened as it appears that APC is the first council not to be represented in declarations in this series of Neighbourhood Plan referendums?

APC CHAIR

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  12:33:35  Show Profile

Good afternoon Neil and thank you for your question.

I am afraid that with so few councillors trying to do everything one of the casualties was attending the count. We currently have three councillors out of the country, four councillors sick and I was working with a client on their tax affairs that have to be completed in time for the return next week.

I consider that the Parish Council’s commitment to the Neighbourhood Development Plan has been clearly demonstrated by the support given to the Steering Group in various forms over many months, and also by the fact that the Parish Council arranged for a hard copy of the Plan document to be distributed to every household in the Parish prior to the referendum. As far as we have been able to establish, no other Parish in the area has taken this step. It is therefore disappointing to learn that residents nevertheless feel that we are not committed to the Plan

Now that we have the YES result we can move forward, adopt the plan and work to implementing the proposals.

I would also remind everyone that we currently have four places on the council for councillors. The more councillors we have the more we can achieve. So why not put your name forward and help us do the significant amount of work required for such a large parish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000