Doctors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chikab

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  10:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do some Drs have such a terrible manner and approach towards their patients?!!

I don't go to the Drs unless it's vital (I've just waited 20 years to bring something to their attention which i think proves it!) and anyone who knows me is aware I have a real fear of going to the point where I find it difficult to eat and sleep the day before so WHY, WHY, when I do go am I made to feel I'm wasting their time?!! Makes me so mad.

Surely I can't be the only one who senses this......sorry rant over.

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  12:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're not alone Chikab - my father was an old fashioned doctor, who cared for his patients with whatever time it took - modern doctors do not bother to go beyond the basic reason for your visit, do not bother to try and treat the cause, just the symptoms, and that is if you can even see the doctor you want - continuity of seein g the same doctor seems to be a treat, not a basic right. As for their attitude, even when you have waited to try and see if the problem cures itself, to avoid wasting doctors time, they will invariably tell you to come back in a couple of weeks time if it has not resolved itself, when you have already waited - they seem to think their patients are stupid, and they hold the old fashioned attitude that doctors are one up on the rest of the world - they used to be, just like bank managers who were the pillars of society, now they barely rate equal to everyone else. Sorry another rant.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000