New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  12:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anybody any experience of, having paved their front garden, being advised by Hargreaves that they did not have the appropriate permissions and reinstate as was??

Any advice and comments appreciated

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  13:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Hargreaves house on the Dell and my deeds specifically address the issue relating to hard surfacing of front gardens. I would suspect that they use the same or similar clause on all of their developments. The clauses read:
quote:
(2) Not to concrete or in any other way hard surface any of the area mentioned in 2(1) hereof or any part thereof other than any existing path or garage and without prejudice to clause 6 hereof not to use any part of such area for the parking of vehicles of any kind.

(3) At all times to maintain and cultivate the front gardens.

If owners have such a clause in their deeds then they have little leg to stand on from a legal point of view unless the deeds can be proven to be unreasonable - legal advice should be sought. I suspect Hargreaves may ultimately grant permission if a substantial sum is paid to them!

There are three properties within 50 yards of mine who have totally paved their front gardens so that they can park numerous cars on them. One house normally has 4-6 cars parked in its front garden!

My deeds also will not allow me to park any vehicle on the drive which is too large to be parked in the garage.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  15:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is quite interesting. I have the same clauses and for the benefit of anybody wishing to obtain a concession, the fee is £100 plus a detailed plan.
I suspect the situation for some people is that because there is a fair turn over of properties on the Dell they have bought properties with the work already carried out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000