Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Building Development in Angmering (Part 2)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  17:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's hope we can help them move away sooner rather than later and on our own terms by voting in some folk at the next elections, who are prepared to listen and act in the interests of their electorate and who are better equipped with the mental capacity to understand the real issues of the district. The current bunch of incumbents seem not to be able to handle complex socio-economic issues with which they are charged to do.

quote:
Originally posted by luckyduck

By which time any of the councillors on either parish or district council, will have long since moved away, leaving us with the legacy of their selfish interests.

Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  21:57:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree wholeheartedly with previous comments about the Planning Committee Meeting last week. Came away very disheartened but nonetheless determined to strongly oppose the huge number of dwellings proposed for this village which will be swallowed up in a huge conurbation all along the south coast. So much for wanting to preserve the green spaces between the villages that will in the not too distant future become extensions of Worthing.
Go to Top of Page

ibel

11 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  12:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crazypaving, what is wrong with South Londoners and those from Worthing?
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  14:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Presumably the ADC councillors live near Ford as there are no proposals for it to have any new housing. I realise Mr Herbert lives in the vicinity but this is still beyond my comprehension. To be fair to the APC members, they have no authority or powers whatsoever and can only make recommendations or suggestions which are immediately ignored. Why do we have an APC? I don't know. Am sure there must be a minuscule reason for them. Perhaps somebody can enlighten me. Apart from the 700 houses we know about, there are numerous rumours about other large scale developments being planned. Let one in, let them all in and welcome to Swindon of the South...
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  16:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crazypaving - just look at SAV's new posters - they show a solid swathe of development (all based on builders plans) up the east side of the village from A259 to A27 - judging by the plans already known for east of Roundstone Lane, this area must add up to nearly 1000 homes, plus whatever the city planners are lining up for the north od Arundel Road, probably another 500 homes. This won't be Swindon, this will be the outer London Borough of Angmering
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2013 :  12:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cllr Cooper's reason for abstaining: "If I had voted against, it could have meant that I may be omitted from future Meetings that related to any developments being proposed for Angmering" !!!!!

In the lead article of today's WS Gazette, Villages Action Group chairman Mike Turner said: "The party line was set by Ricky Bower and it was only a few brave councillors who challenged him".

One such councillor was obviously Angmering's Paul Bicknell. However, it is with some regret that the WS Gazette report made no mention of this and, in fact, did not mention Angmering at all (apart from in a sub-heading) and the fact that SAV and Angmering residents also attended the meeting.
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  17:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is much, much more to Cllr Bicknell than meets the eye. He was quite safe in voting against the proposed housing numbers as he KNEW the vote would be yes so he appears like a hero of the moment in the eyes of Angmering residents. He is not to be trusted.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  17:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be surprised if anyone trusts any of our councillors - until they stop being so dammed secretive, they will have nobody's trust - probably not even their families. When did we last have a proper parish council news update, except for the development note of October? We used to get regular newsletters about quarterly, but I cannot remember the last one as it is so long ago - does this mean they have nothing to tell us, with all the planned developments going on, or are they scared to tell us the whole truth??
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  17:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Cllr Bicknell's defence, he did also table an amendment bringing Ford into the equation thus reducing the housing numbers on the other sites by 500. This probably did not endear him to his own Party! The proposed amendment was defeated.

People must make up their own minds about individuals but should be warned that they may have to justify their comments expressed on these Forums in a court of law if they are considered defamatory and libellous.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2013 :  10:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the latest issue of Arun Times the Chairman of the Council informs us he has been visiting parish councils to issue to issues of local concern. And what has this yielded? A commmon concern expressed, apparently, that cyclists are not using their bells. Whilst worthy, surely not at the top of the list.
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  03:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmmmmm, well maybe if he does not listen more intently to the people of Angmering, he may be the one for 'whom the bell tolls'!
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  12:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely this also demonstrates a failing by the Parish Council as it seems that they didn't make their parishioners concerns loud enough to be heard.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  19:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But then if they had shouted loudly, everyone would know about all their discussions about Roundstone Lane, Palmer Road, Water Lane, New Place industrial area, Dappers Lane, etc - once they have completed all their 'private' negotiations, then they will shout, and 'oh dear' have we shouted too late!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  20:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a Parish Clerk and 12 councillors. Surely they are all aware of these discussions..... or are they? Some have whispered that they didn't. Why not? Is something going very wrong at the Parish Council. If so, it's time some of the councillors stood up and were counted.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2013 :  08:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't a fish rot from the head?
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  17:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The vultures are beginning to circle! Another application on the other side of Roundstone Lane.
The number is: A/141/13/ on the Arun website.
I suspect this could be the start of a rash of applications trying to sneak in on the back of the dreaded 'Masterplan'.
I seem to recall another dictatorship with a Masterplan in recent history and that was a total disaster as well!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  18:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told today that there are plans up on the wall of Ham Manor Golf Club for the building of apartments in part of their car park and the moving of the golf shop. Does anyone know more about this proposed development? How many dwelling are proposed?
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  19:19:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was an item on the early BBC local news about the meeting at the Rugby Club tonight (Monday).
The reporter said he will update on the late bulletin after the news.
Hope he's a crime reporter because whatever occurs there is bound to be criminal!
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  00:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ham Manor Golf Club apartments are planned for 22, I believe. It has got to before the members for approval before a planning application is submitted. I understand it is to raise money to raise the fairway on the 4th fairway which regularly gets flooded. They plan to make a water feature to direct water from the course. The earth dug out from this will provide the extra height on the 4th fairway. Something like that!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  09:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night's meeting at The Rugby Club. High in comedic value, low in useful information. To repeated shouts from audience "Speak Up, We Can't Hear You" all contributors struggled to get their points across. Why couldn't our Parish Council have organised the meeting better? Bad choice of location, poor acoustics, no PA system.

But what of the substance. Much talk of green corridors, tree lined boulevards, views to open country. improved traffic flow. A development Nirvana awaits.

Then the sensible elements. How was traffic going to be handled? Possibly, only possibly, a route through the development with access to the 'By-Pass'. Oops!, there goes one of those Boulevards! That would solve the problem of cars exiting through the village. But wait, a T-Junction, a Roundabout, Traffic Lights? No-one was sure. Anyway, that's the County Council's responsibility. No mention of access when traffic returns. Minor point, I guess.

Cow Lane, the location of which was a mystery to the developers, and for a brief moment to the Councillors, was going to be properly surfaced with lighting installed. Ancient route modernised. And wouldn't the traffic route cut across it anyway. Maybe a pedestrian tunnel or bridge then?

New school. Not yet even a glimmer on the horizon. Bramley Green all over again, one suspects.

Ah, but the dualling of the A259. Now that's a definite possibility.
You can see how the County Council can herald this as a true manifestation of their traffic strategy but as anyone knows exiting onto the A259 from either Station Road or Roundstone Lane is a problem now. How will dualling help? Probably won't, may make matters worse, and anyway, what benefit will that be for the village.

Benefits of development for Angmering. Too numerous to list we were told. "What are they, just give us a few" Errrh .......

All in all, a bit of a farce. Good opportunity, though, for Councillor Mountain to repair damage of Friday's EGM and assert his credentials as Champion of the oppressed. Suspect that bird has flown!

Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  10:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Derek. Unfortunately I wasn’t there but it sounds a lot like the last farce when APC allowed Barratt’s to give a presentation in the village hall on their plans for a development on Roundstone Lane. Will APC never learn, even from their recent history? They couldn’t organise a pasta fight in a pasta factory let alone the future of the community. Were there any more requests for our Glorious Leader, Cllr. Mountain, to fall on his own sword?

quote:
Originally posted by derekdainton

Last night's meeting at The Rugby Club. High in comedic value, low in useful information. To repeated shouts from audience "Speak Up, We Can't Hear You" all contributors struggled to get their points across. Why couldn't our Parish Council have organised the meeting better? Bad choice of location, poor acoustics, no PA system.

But what of the substance. Much talk of green corridors, tree lined boulevards, views to open country. improved traffic flow. A development Nirvana awaits.

Then the sensible elements. How was traffic going to be handled? Possibly, only possibly, a route through the development with access to the 'By-Pass'. Oops!, there goes one of those Boulevards! That would solve the problem of cars exiting through the village. But wait, a T-Junction, a Roundabout, Traffic Lights? No-one was sure. Anyway, that's the County Council's responsibility. No mention of access when traffic returns. Minor point, I guess.

Cow Lane, the location of which was a mystery to the developers, and for a brief moment to the Councillors, was going to be properly surfaced with lighting installed. Ancient route modernised. And wouldn't the traffic route cut across it anyway. Maybe a pedestrian tunnel or bridge then?

New school. Not yet even a glimmer on the horizon. Bramley Green all over again, one suspects.

Ah, but the dualling of the A259. Now that's a definite possibility.
You can see how the County Council can herald this as a true manifestation of their traffic strategy but as anyone knows exiting onto the A259 from either Station Road or Roundstone Lane is a problem now. How will dualling help? Probably won't, may make matters worse, and anyway, what benefit will that be for the village.

Benefits of development for Angmering. Too numerous to list we were told. "What are they, just give us a few" Errrh .......

All in all, a bit of a farce. Good opportunity, though, for Councillor Mountain to repair damage of Friday's EGM and assert his credentials as Champion of the oppressed. Suspect that bird has flown!

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  13:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good summarisation of last night's meeting, Derek.

Even more depressing to see an article in the Telegraph this morning which reads:
quote:
The Coalition is drawing up a fresh assault on planning laws that will give developers power to push through applications without council approval or environmental assessments..
Just how many U-turns has this government and Wavy Davy done since coming to power? When voting, how many thought that the Conservatives could be trusted with protecting our countryside? How UKIP must be smiling - and waiting!
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  17:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, for one, won't be voting Conservative at the May District Council elections. Wavy Davy promised, in 2012, to give more power to the local councils to stop builders dumping unwanted developments on the edge of villages. Well it's done the opposite. Our useless Tory District Councillors have let their Planners dictate Arun policy instead of listening to the wishes of the electorate. If UKIP are willing to bring back Democracy into politics and actually do what the public want, they will get my vote.
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  20:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UKIP had my vote last time, before that I had voted Conservative all of my working and retired life. My father would have turned in his grave I thought, when I did this dastardly deed. Then I wondered but would he?
Our Country has been lost to European bureaucracy. Our politicians have allowed our population to increase to the extent that we now have the same population as France but only half the land mass. Our health service is going under water faster than the Titanic did, we cannot move on our roads at certain times, our Country is totally overrun with people from all over the world pouring in from under developed nations and we are left confused.
The Country that we once knew is now of course lost, its too late to pull things back, we have what we have. That is why there is this continued great clamour to build more houses in our beautiful villages, ours included. People have to live somewhere and this is the price we must now all pay for the political madness of the last 20 years. How bad have our services got? Well, a simple example, do you remember when you were a kid and your mum kept you in bed with a temperature of around 100. She told you to stay there as "the Doctor would be around to see you later on this morning". A doctor visiting you in your house! Now it takes days to get an appointment. They are overrun, Dentists are scarce for NHS treatment, Schools are full, roads are blocked and it goes on.
We are told its good for the economy, I do not buy that at all. However, even if it was, its at a price, a price that is too high, a price that is destroying the fabric of Angmering Village and the services we have all come to accept as our right as an English man or woman. It will not stop until somebody puts a sign on the cliffs of Dover similar to the sign we put up at The Lamb on a summers night....'FULL, NO MORE ROOM AT THE INN'. I do not care what nationality or colour people are, black, white, red, pink yellow, that never was and never will be an issue with me, there is simply NO MORE ROOM.
The Lamb would benefit from another 500 houses in Angmering, would we like to see it? As my mum used to say, 'Not on your nelly'.
There has already been enough building in Angmering to drastically weaken the infrastructure required for a village of our size and its the same in many parts of the UK. Thank you SAV for fighting for our village identity and its future, maybe 2014 will be the year of reason, I hope so.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2014 :  10:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as a bit of light relief after a heavy and rather traumatic week in the village, if you want to have a smile and see what was planned for Angmering just before WW2 click on the following link:

www.angmeringvillage.co.uk/forums/pics/HamManor-c1939.jpg

I am not for one moment advocating that there should be any building on the land north of the A259 opposite Sainsburys, but this was the grand plan by a developer in 1938/9. But nothing ever changes - as a sweetener, they even suggested that a convenience shop could be built on the site! In the event, WW2 intervened and things took a different shape after the War.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2014 :  13:06:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What also emerged from the meeting On Monday was that Persimmon Homes actually own the very same land, immediately north of the A259, from Station Road to the Virgin Active roundabout. So the dreams of pre-war developers may yet be resurrected!
Go to Top of Page

lindylou
Average Member

49 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2014 :  15:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have recently heard yet another rumour that rather than Ikea coming to a site on A259 somewhere east of the bypass roundabout that it will be going onto the land opposite Sainsbury's !!!!
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2014 :  16:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear, that will hurt our erstwhile chairman of the parish council, to have his house backing onto a warehouse type building. Gosh, can you imagine the uproar that would come from those on Ham Manor??!!
Go to Top of Page

lindylou
Average Member

49 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2014 :  21:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe someone is circulating the rumour precisely in order to wind him up!?
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2014 :  01:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More Chinese Whispers about possible developments in the Parish! However, I agree wholeheartedly with the comments posted by Questor....THERE IS NO MORE ROOM.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2014 :  19:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Station Road flooded again this morning but we didn't get the publicity Ford got!

http://www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/news/top-stories/latest/video-huge-pools-of-water-form-by-ford-airfield-1-5816033

Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2014 :  17:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another couple of interesting links to the Gazette:

http://www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/news/top-stories/latest/campaigners-say-housing-infrastructure-fears-have-not-been-alleviated-1-5809218?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

and

http://www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/news/top-stories/latest/council-accused-of-political-moves-over-housing-allocation-1-5809223?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  16:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two more links with reference to Garden Cities:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542437/Well-build-two-new-garden-cities-tackle-countrys-housing-crisis-says-Pickles.html
and
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541698/Nick-Clegg-tells-David-Cameron-honest-upfront-plans-build-new-garden-cities-green-belt-land-eaten-away.html
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  05:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and another

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10583061/Cleggton-Keynes-in-Englands-rolling-hills-No-thanks-Nick.html

lol

Edited by - roosterbri on 21 Jan 2014 05:54:21
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  12:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems that everyone wants 'Garden Cities' except ADC who want 'Garden Villages'. Think its time for them to listen to their bosses in Westminster.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  22:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My understanding of a "Garden City" is "Garden cities were intended to be planned, self-contained communities surrounded by "greenbelts", containing proportionate areas of residences, industry and agriculture." What I have seen of THE PLAN is that Angmering will have more houses bolted-on so will not be planned, self-contained, with industry and agriculture (as most of the new houses will be built on agricultural land). What I am seeing is a "dormitory village" where people come to sleep before going off in their cars next day to work or recreation. There is no self-containment whatsoever. Of course, if I am wrong, somebody please tell me - always open to other opinions.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2014 :  04:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot on Paul. But tell that to LPSC and particulalry the Planners down at the Town Hall and they will wonder what on earth you are talking about.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2014 :  20:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It wouldn't be the first time that highly-qualified planners (pinch-points, anyone?) lack key qualifications - life experience and common sense.
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2014 :  20:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it wasn't for a certain person the same person/people that gave us the (bloody) pinch points would have had the parking bays in front of the shops even narrower than they are now AND angled. But to get their revenge on having to do it sensibly, they b****red up the signage for them when no-one was looking! I can't think of any other place where people get out of their cars and don't have any clue if parking is restricted or not.

Edited by - BFA on 22 Jan 2014 20:58:03
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2014 :  08:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul - you must remember, these planners ARE highly qualified - in arrogance, and the ability to ignore what the majority want.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000