Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2012 :  08:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Questor......the furnishing and fittings are excellent and in the summer when the sun is higher it will be a nice little sun trap.

You are obviously taking the tables and chairs in of a night time...most sensible.

If I may make one suggestion however....reduce the numbers of tables by one and place one undercover in the old courtyard for ""Inclement weather"".....selfish puffer that I am.

The place seems to be taking off big time...my congratulations
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2012 :  15:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roosterbri, thanks for your comments. Unfortunately the old courtyard is now going to be locked off. We are using the area for management and staff stuff. Perhaps we can supply a brolly....................!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  12:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just spent an hour or more sitting outside The Lamb in the sun with friends drinking the excellent coffee and watching the world go by.

I must say that the outside seats are really comfortable and, apart from that, look good as well. Just did not want to move!!!
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  17:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Questor how has the first 6 weeks gone for you and the pub??
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  18:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Roosterbri, We are still alive and kicking. Having not been publicans before we had no idea what to expect. We realised that we needed the village to support the pub so we tried to price accordingly, bearing in mind the heavy outlay we had to bring the pub back to a habitable condition.
I must say we have been delighted with the very kind comments we have had from villagers and visitors from outside Angmering and at the same time, very grateful for the superb support we have received. However, we are supposed to be in the 'honeymoon period' for the first 3 months, so it will be interesting to see how we are doing in, say, September. Ask me again then.
We are having our first 'Village night' on Tuesday the 19th June, a set menu of main course and pud for 12 quid this also includes a free pint or glass of wine. You can see the details tomorrow on our website www.thelamb-angmering.com. Maybe I might meet up with you on Village night, our new guest ale is very tasty, my very best wishes, Questor

Edited by - Questor on 24 May 2012 18:19:22
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2012 :  18:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are sorry for the inconvenience and look of the scaffolding currently around the Lamb. It is expected to be there for around 2 weeks and is the final job in the first phase of renovation. Works are being closely monitored by the Arun district Council Planning department. The close wooden boards are all being removed from the first floor and new insulation added to two of the elevations. New close boarding will then be errected over the newly insulated walls. The concrete chimney stack on the north east wall facing down to Chandlers will be painted black along with the extraction system on the first floor of the back wall facing the car park.
These works should smarten up the look of the pub significantly.
Next year we hope, with planning permission, to begin the second phase of renovation to outbuildings and the second floor.
We would be happy to answer any questions on this forum or directly to us at The Lamb.

Edited by - Questor on 26 Sep 2012 18:11:53
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  18:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a heads up on the current work going on at The Lamb at Angmering. This is the final stage of phase 2 of the restoration of the wonderful old building and will take from 4 to 8 weeks to complete according to the problems we will undoubtably uncover. The 2nd floor is being restored to provide a further bedroom suite for letting accommodation.
The Lamb at Angmering will then be complete with 7 letting bedrooms all en suite and fitted out to a high standard. We will be exposing the original timbers in the ceiling structure to make the stunning 7th letting suite which required listed building and planning consent.
We apologise to the Village for the inconvenience caused and will do our best to ensure it is kept to a minimum.
The skip that has been positioned on the north east side of the Inn, where we park the Lamb car is land owned by us and we will endeavour to keep it tidy whilst building is going on.
If anybody has any questions we will be happy to respond either at the Inn or through this Forum.

Edited by - Questor on 04 Aug 2014 20:38:37
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2014 :  23:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A number or retailers in the village and individuals have approached our staff and our family recently and asked if it is true we are selling The Lamb at Angmering to the Chapman Group, who are the owners of Angmering Manor. I have no idea where this rumour started, however it has been gathering pace so we felt we should clearly state our position.
We have never had contact from either Mr. or Mrs. Chapman or any representative from their group.
We continue to redevelop The Lamb and provide a warm welcome for all who enter our doors. Since we opened back in April 2012 we have built a strong following in bar, restaurant and room trade. Our intention is to continue to work hard to raise the standards we have set and to ensure the Lamb remains a very attractive hostelry for visitors. We have no intention now or in the foreseeable future of selling the wonderful old building our family have come to love. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the residents of Angmering for the tremendous support they have given to the old Inn. We have been very fortunate to have received such strong support and we are very proud of the reputation we have developed in our first two and a half years of trading.
The village and its visitors now have three excellent venues, to choose from, Angmering Manor, The Spotted Cow and The Lamb at Angmering. Choice is healthy for successful businesses, it drives up standards and keeps pricing competitive. I am sure the residents of Angmering understand this and welcome the current situation. Long may the current status continue.
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  17:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a news report from Neil, however trying to reach as many people as possible I would like to inform everybody interested that The Lamb at Angmering WILL BE CLOSED for a week from Monday October 26th, reopening Monday November 2nd. This is for Health and Safety issues during the building of the foundation for the Orangery at the north end of our building. The total build and interior decoration is planned to be completed by November end. We apologise to all of our customers for any inconvenience this will cause and look forward to seeing you in the new expanded Lamb.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000