New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2011 :  21:44:17  Show Profile
Popcorn made a complaint tonight on the PC q&a page about youth playing football in the street with the helpers from the bus.

The helpers from the bus were NOT playing football, the youngsters were actually being encouraged by some older youth who would NOT respond to repeated requests from the supervisors to stop.
Eventually, the supervisors confiscated the ball!

The supervisors are a team of very dedicated and responsible people giving up their spare time as volunteers to keep this project going. They would be extremely upset to think that people were accusing them of doing things that were irresponsible and putting the project at risk.

I can understand what it may have looked like, but would urge you to try harder to check facts before spreading statements such as made this evening.

Thank you

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2011 :  23:25:46  Show Profile
'Cars passing by' also conjurs an image, the bus is situated at the end of a cul-de-sac.

Go to Top of Page

popcorn
Average Member

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2011 :  11:33:48  Show Profile
Thanks for looking into this matter Patty, on this occasion I accept what you say, but in future I will be checking myself (by the way I didn't mean to say 'helpers' were playing I meant to say 'a helper'. In reply to the bus in a cul-de-sac, it is not, it is a one-way system. the bus actually parks opposite the roundabout blocking the path to the school entrance. I hope this is the end of the matter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000