APC website News Desk
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2011 :  14:32:43  Show Profile
I don't like to be critical of APC, but we have been promised a number of times, that the Angmering Parish Council website would be improved; and in particular, I find the 'News Desk' somewhat less than inspiring.

Four current examples.

1. "Parish Response to Consultation on Arun's Local Dev. Plan 4th April 2009."

I appreciate this was re-entered onto the news desk following the Planning Comm.meeting in April 2010.
But, we are now an additional 18months on from that, and we have had a change of Government, and a change of planning policy. This document is of little or no current news value. ADC have announced a new strategy in relation to this matter, including the anticipated number of properties to be built in ADC and Angmering, and that previous document for the 3 options in 2009, is now way of date and of no current news value.

2. "Resident Consultation on Future Housing Development."

This was a perfectly good news item at the time of initial entry, but has been completely superceded by the subsequent article updating that matter, headed "Angmering Community led-plan," and makes the original article that is still there, redundant.

3. The next meeting for residents to speak with a PC is Sat 5th Nov. but this item is placed seventh on the list of items, after a number of items for information only.

As it is a near future, live item, it should be near the top.

4. The latest item placed on the News Desk is headed, "Police Meeting," re Travellers.

I am sure this should read "Public Meeting." It is not a police meeting, it has been arranged by APC and is a public meeting for residents to which a police rep. will attend.

The news item invites us to attend on Mon. 3rd Nov.
Well, 3rd November is a Thursday.
So is the meeting on a Monday somewhen, or is it on Thursady 3rd November?
(On Neil's news page the APC adv. indicates the 3rd Nov. so I assume the meeting is Thursday 3rd Nov.)

These four examples are not vital to the existence of the human race on the planet, but they are annoying and careless, and make me wonder how much thought goes into PC matters that are important.

News items should be accurate, and when out of date, or updated, removed.

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2011 :  17:08:40  Show Profile
Agree with you Bert.

I've suggested to APC several times over the last 8 years that they should include a date on their News Desk for each item posted. They steadfastly refuse to do this for some reason.

Also, when issuing posters, for some reason APC often miss off the day of the week of the event being advertised. The public Meeting is a case in point.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000