New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  22:06:11  Show Profile
At the next full Parish Council meeting in the Village Hall on Monday 12th September, Police Sgts. Christine Holyoake and Caroline Kendall will be there to give a presentation on an exciting project called ROC. It is about helping in our community.

I went to this presentation a couple of months ago and found it very very interesting. It gave an insight into what the police have to do and how they manage things and why. I found it extremely refreshing, honest and full of common sense.

So...........I invited them along to do a similar presentation at our Council meeting. We would love as many of the Public to be there as well to listen and I hope you will find it as enlightening as I did, please spare the time if you can.

Meeting starts at 7.30pm and Police presentation will be directly after the normal formalities of the Council.

Look forward to seeing you.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies

Edited by - patty on 02 Aug 2011 23:47:24

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2011 :  22:30:29  Show Profile
I am afraid that due to unforseen circumstances the Police ROC presentation has been postponed until a late date.

Apologies to anyone looking forward to this.
Hopefully we can arrange it for our next PC meeting but will advise here as soon as we know.
Thank you.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2011 :  14:54:18  Show Profile
Well well what a surprise.
The police budget obviously wouldn't stretch to cover overtime for them to attend.
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2011 :  20:18:11  Show Profile
Could be partly your fault Bram - from the recent travellers thread ....

quote:
Originally posted by BRAM

Sussex police website shows that PS Carolyn Kendall (one of the 2 attending) is in fact a Sussex Police Gypsy Traveller Liaison Officer & should be in an ideal position to answer any questions on this matter.it may also be the only opportunity to question them on this topic as they don't seem too eager to attend monthly APC meetings.

Maybe they felt their presentation or even the whole meeting could get trolled.

There is a police presence tonight anyway though.
Go to Top of Page

BRAM
Advanced Member

373 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  13:00:02  Show Profile
BFA there always seems to be some excuse for the various official organisations/individuals to avoid carrying out their duties.

Perhaps APC might enlighten us as to what response,if any, they received to their letters to our MP & Sussex Police Chief Constable regarding the police inaction to the recent traveller invasion (11/18 Policy & Finance Committee meeting dated 8/8/11).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000