New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  14:50:43  Show Profile
So, at last the developers and Arun District Council have come out of the stinking woodwork! At the forthcoming parish council meeting to be held at Worthing Rugby Club on Monday coming the developers and ADC will present their master plan for Roundstone Lane. The public are allowed to attend and listen but are prohibited from speaking!! Whatever happened to democracy? Hopefully members of the public will attend and shout and scream at them and disrupt the presentation. We all know it is already a done deal but how arrogant and dismissive of us are our elected councillors. Interesting a few parish councillors expressed their dismay that the developers etc are allowed to proceed in this manner but were overruled by the majority! All this does is tick a box that the developers need to do to prove there was a public consultation! The fact that the public are not even allowed to speak or question them or ADC is ludicrous. The developers and ADC will have then supposedly be seen to fulfil their obligation of having a "public" consultation. Do these parish councillors also have a secret agenda? Can they explain to me what their reasons are for allowing the developers and ADC charlatans to ride roughshod over us. Mr Bicknell for one surely has a lot to answer for. What an absolute disgrace! Does anybody at all care about this complete farce?

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  16:21:00  Show Profile
A black & white copy of the developer's Master Plan can be read at:

www.angmeringparishcouncil.gov.uk/documentHandler.cfm?dld=1383&pflag=docm93jijm4n1383

It starts on page 20 of the PDF document.
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  18:22:19  Show Profile
I rest my case!
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  19:09:25  Show Profile
Maybe attendance at the special parich council meeting on Friday, might enlighten us as to which parish councillors have issued this invite, maybe not all the parish councillors are aware of this invite, as there is so much secrecy in the council. Interestingly Mr Bicknell is one of those who has called for the special council meeting, so maybe he is as much in the dark as we are - just being generous in my thinking!!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  19:41:24  Show Profile
Looking at the list of councillors on the APC website just now, I see that one has disappeared since last week - Cllr Bliss. Has he resigned in advance of Friday's Extraordinary Meeting? Will we ever know the real reason?

Is this not fairly important public information that should be put on APC's News page or are they embarrassed about it. I feel that we should know who our representatives are at all times.

So, the councillors who called the meeting are now in a majority!
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  20:27:18  Show Profile
Cllr Biss resigned yesterday. Most if not all (don't know for sure) the councillors who called for the extraordinary meeting on Friday voted for the developers and ADC to present their Master Plan for the ludicrously entitled "garden city" vision at the parish council meeting Monday.

Why is Cllr Bicknell receiving totally unwarranted praise for supposedly voting against the 18 million houses to be built in Angmering on the Save Angmering village Website?He is far too clever to go against his Tory Gang masters without already knowing the vote would be carried so by voting against the proposed developments he is seen by Angmering residents to be on their side! His paymasters are, after all, ADC! Naive in the extreme, me thinks
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  22:38:55  Show Profile
I gave up reading the Master Plan when it blandly mentioned Junior Football pitches - ignoring that they vary in size depending on age groups, and repeatedly indicated that it had the consent of Angmering Parish Council. I wonder whether all councillors were aware that they had consented to this.

Curious how Mr Bicknell may be in the dark, but Cllr Bicknell is "far too clever". I'm sure I'd rather have Cllr Bicknell speaking up publicly for Angmering residents and actually voting rather than supposedly voting, than the exaggeration and blatant hate expressed by others. Perhaps they are closer to the inside than I am, and have reason to be worried that cats may be coming out of the bag.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  08:40:13  Show Profile
Interesting that the focus here is on councillor Bicknell, what about our parish councillors who have been so closely involved in secret planning discussions with ADC - i.e. messrs Mountain, Leverick and Spooner. If we are going to start hitting where it hurts, these guys are as deeply involved, if not more so than Bicknell.
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  15:36:20  Show Profile
Never mind the cats! What about the vipers? The focus here is on Mr Bicknell because he is actively endorsing these developments! He was the AD councillor who got the strategic gap at Roundstone Lane removed!!! Nobody can be more involved in this subterfuge than Mr Bicknell!

Hopefully in the May parish council chairman election you will all get what you deserve and live to regret the consequences.
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  16:53:07  Show Profile
Oh dear - did we touch a raw nerve Crazypaving? Are you related to the cats or the vipers by any chance? It is not just Bicknell, it is all those taking secret decisions. Your original post on this topic asked "Whatever happened to democracy?" - I presume all the secrecy in the parish council is vital to democracy then?
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  17:05:19  Show Profile
Come on Crazy Paving. Tell us who you think would make a good Chairman. Any favourites?
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  18:08:07  Show Profile
I am my own person and no raw nerves have been touched. Just want the truth to get known!

I'm not related to a cat or a viper though I do have a dog!!! Cannot possibly comment on who would make a good Chairman but know that our current chairman practically spends every waking moment trying to make things better for the community at large and he most certainly does not have a hidden agenda or inflated ego! And.... No,,am not related!! Perhaps instead of the perpetual criticism those hiding behind pseudonyms etc on these forums should stand for nomination of the council. They could then influence (or probably not!) decisions. Right now even our elected ADC councillor Cllr Cooper does not even bother to vote for the good of Angmering.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  20:04:52  Show Profile
Hang on! Isn't your own moniker a pseudonym?
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  16:28:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Crazypaving

Perhaps instead of the perpetual criticism those hiding behind pseudonyms etc on these forums should stand for nomination of the council. They could then influence (or probably not!) decisions. Right now even our elected ADC councillor Cllr Cooper does not even bother to vote for the good of Angmering.

So - when are you standing? Or are you continuing to criticise and hide behind Crazypaving?
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  16:33:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Crazypaving

know that our current chairman practically spends every waking moment trying to make things better for the community at large and he most certainly does not have a hidden agenda or inflated ego!

Is this when he is Chairman of PC, on Board of School Governors, member of Community Land Trust, and isn't he something in Ham Manor? Surprised he gets time to sleep and must be difficult when there is a conflict of interests. But, hey ho, clearly you support him and you are entitled to do so. Just as others may not wish to join your love-fest.
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  16:40:53  Show Profile
Change of Venue and Time.

I notice from the leaflet in the APC office window that tomorrows Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting is now being held at 8pm. in The Community Centre.
Obviously expecting there to be some interest shown.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  17:22:07  Show Profile
Perhaps Crazypaving has booked a few seats.

Be careful what you ask for - you just might get it.
The views expressed in this posting are those of the author and must not be taken as representing any commercial, religious, political or other body.
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  18:16:19  Show Profile
That is the first time, Crazypaving, that I have heard anyone say a good word about our Parish Chairman. He may work hard, in his own way, but there is a right and a wrong way of doing things. Are you sure you are not related!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  11:19:15  Show Profile
At National level, a vote of No Confidence triggers an election. Clearly not in the Mountain Kingdom. That said, be careful what you wish for - better the devil you know ...
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  11:41:34  Show Profile
Mountain = the epitome of shameless, arrogant and selfish
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  14:12:58  Show Profile
He speaks very well of you...
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  16:10:11  Show Profile
Is that in secret meetings? :-)
Go to Top of Page

potty

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  17:17:28  Show Profile
anagrams:

vainest men out
minor brat
uncaring logic men
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  19:04:05  Show Profile
Situation reminds me of a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail where King Arthur fights the Black Knight in the forest:

Arthur slices off one of the Black Knight's arms - blood everywhere.

Black Knight: "Tis but a scratch".

Arthur slices other arm off.

Black Knight: "Just a flesh wound"

Arthur slices both of the Black Knight's legs off.

Black Knight: "OK, we'll call it a draw"!
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  08:13:40  Show Profile
I would suggest that as he has shown no intention of thinking about things over the weekend and resigning, we now need to expose him further - so he should be referred to the standards board - here is the link to the Arun standards board.
http://www.arun.gov.uk/main.cfm?type=COMPLAINTSAGAINSTC&objectid=6304&searchtermredirect=complaints

I will be lodging a complaint, how about others too, and then the board will have no choice but to take this seriously
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000