New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lizh
Average Member

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  13:13:53  Show Profile
Does anyone know what is happening to the verges in Bramley Green? They used to look lovely with all the bushes in. Now half the bushes have been chopped down and left and there are large areas of nothing more than weeds. It just looks a mess.

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2014 :  12:39:55  Show Profile
To improve visibility from the side roads I would think. It's bordering on dangerous exiting Ashmore Av on to Nursery Road IMO.
Go to Top of Page

westsussexbluenose
Average Member

43 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2014 :  16:45:15  Show Profile
Nah - they are allowing the verges to become brownfield sites so that even more dwellings can be crammed into the "green"
quote:
Originally posted by NickR60

To improve visibility from the side roads I would think. It's bordering on dangerous exiting Ashmore Av on to Nursery Road IMO.

Go to Top of Page

lizh
Average Member

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2014 :  11:17:32  Show Profile
I think it would look much better if they were all changed to grass like the ones at the bottom of Rowan Way. It is all very well have a few lovely flower beds in the village for Angmering in Bloom, but surely it is the general look of the whole village that counts.
Go to Top of Page

rogp

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2014 :  17:48:14  Show Profile
Not quite sure what you mean with your reference to Angmering in Bloom, the Parish Council decided and organised the changes to these verges, after complaints from residents about visibility, as per the comment from Nickr60 above. Think the idea of grass is better than throwing a load of Vinca at it and hacking down the remaining shrubs
Go to Top of Page

lizh
Average Member

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2014 :  20:01:50  Show Profile
I just feel that if the village is competing for the In Bloom, then surely it is important that the whole village looks tidy and presentable, not just a few nice flower displays. Planting more shrubs is only going to cause the same prob and won't get rid of the unsightly weeds.
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2014 :  20:37:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by NickR60

RE the tall grasses on this junction. I emailed the Parish Council days ago who haven't yet responded. Are they the correct people to approach? This really needs cutting back before there's an accident. If it wasn't for the ridiculous likely laws in this country I'd take my own hedge cutter to it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000