New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  17:23:39  Show Profile
Tucked away on the Agendas/Meetings pages of the Angmering Parish Council website is the Agenda for an Extraordinary Meeting of the Full Parish Council this coming Friday (10 January) which is to be held in the King Suite of the Village Hall at 7.30pm.

Such is the serious nature of the accusations being made by fellow councillors, that the Agenda has been reproduced on the AVL News page. I'm sure that Angmering residents will also wish to hear the answers being given by the pillars of our community. Parishioners may attend this meeting and also ask questions at the appropriate agenda item.

I suppose it is understandable why the controlling members of the PC do not want to advertise this Extraordinary Meeting by including it as a news item on their Home page. However, it is a matter of transparency - a term that they still do not appear to understand.

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  19:12:50  Show Profile
A meeting without any supporting documents? If that's the case, it will probably be a first!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  12:37:17  Show Profile
My previous postings appear to have had some effect. APC have today included Friday's Extraordinary Meeting on their Home page and included a link to the supporting documents for the meeting which is:

www.angmeringparishcouncil.gov.uk/documentHandler.cfm?dld=1383&pflag=docm93jijm4n1383

Within the supporting documents is the ASRA correspondence and, more interestingly, the Master Plan prepared for the developers for all the sites east of Roundstone Lane.

Also within the documents is an UNDATED and UNSIGNED paper stating meetings that have been attended. There is also an email from Parish Councillor Julia Graham to the Parish Clerk, Rob Martin, in which she states:
quote:
I take exception to your inelegant inference that in your opinion councillors are not to be trusted - the insult aside, it is not within your gift to make judgement.
Cllr Graham, one of the six councillors who has call for this Friday's Extraordinary Meeting, was responding to an email from the Parish Clerk.

Mr Martin has suggested that councillors are leaking information which is finding its way onto "Angmering Village Life". Mr Martin continually tries to undermine Angmering Village Life even though he has been told by myself on numerous occasions that AVL is a serious information website. What he should have stated was the "Angmering Forums" which are a separate entity from AVL. If Mr Martin is not bright enough to understand the difference, or to remember our previous conversations,then perhaps he is the wrong person to be our Parish Clerk! I await an apology.
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  22:41:50  Show Profile
Perhaps you'll get the same apology he gave Julia. :-)
Go to Top of Page

CatNip

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  15:24:45  Show Profile
With regard to Item 9 on the Agenda, does anyone know if there are any minutes of the March 2013 meeting regarding the Community Land Trust?

I have a list of questions: ie. who attended, chaired, appointed officers and Directors, took decisions about the form of the Trust, why is it a company and not a charitable trust (which is far more strictly regulated and prevents any issues of officer remuneration or the legal or financial liability of members)

The Agenda item is to consider Parish Councillor involvement and, having received a letter from a Councillor about interest in the CLT, I'm unable to see hoe there can not be close, if not directing, involvement, particularly since a grant for admin & set-up is minuted in APC documents.?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  17:03:16  Show Profile
The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting for March 2013 can be found at

www.angmeringparishcouncil.gov.uk/documentHandler.cfm?dld=1206&pflag=docm93jijm4n1206

This includes an item on ACLT. However, I presume CatNip you are referring to the ACLT meeting of 4 March 2013 at which the original Board was agreed. The minutes of that meeting would not necessarily have been provided to APC.
Go to Top of Page

CatNip

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  18:29:24  Show Profile
Thanks Neil. So, unpublished (I can't find anything online other than that the APC minutes.), anonymous except for the Parish Councillor who is 'Interim Company secretary'; self-appointed and making decisions about legal status etc that should surely not be made without full disclosure and explanation to the residents of Angmering. Is this another case of "we know better than you"?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000