New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  16:16:30  Show Profile
I have tried to go through the right channels but I have failed. I have kept quiet on the Forums on this matter as I did not want to embarrass the Council - but I'm getting absolutely nowhere!

The problem? The delays by the PC in issuing the minutes of their meetings. The important Policy & Finance Committee met on 14 February, 23 days' ago and the minutes have still not been published! What is the PC trying to hide from us. Are they not wanting us to see the minutes until after the full Council meeting on Monday for some reason?

The PC took a decision a few years' ago that minutes of meetings would be available to the public within 5 working days and I think this was when the PC had only two office staff. What on earth is going on?

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2012 :  12:30:36  Show Profile
A month has now elapsed since the Policy & Finance meeting and still the Parish Council have failed to publish the minutes. Five working days is their commitment to publish minutes.

I understand that they were signed off nearly 2 weeks' ago but it seems that the office staff have been too busy to publish them on their website. This is a job that I know will only take a few minutes at most!

Now I know that the agenda included a private discussion that related to the Parish Clerk and that that item would not be made public. I don't have a problem with that.

But I wonder whether the Clerk has taken exception about something read and recorded? (rhetorical question). This seems like another case of the tail wagging the dog which is seriously undermining the Parish Council!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2012 :  12:55:01  Show Profile
Is this the same PC who so efficiently organised and ran the Meeting with the Building Developers last night?
More seriously with whom does the " buck " stop in terms of responsibility?
As I posted earlier today under separate thread " heads need to roll or be disciplined / educated " as would be the case in the real business world.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2012 :  12:35:04  Show Profile
P&F minutes of 14 February published today - at last!
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2012 :  06:16:48  Show Profile
Is anybody from the PC going to respond to this ??
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2012 :  08:00:27  Show Profile
Roosterbri, the PC has no obligation to respond to comments on the Forums other than questions directly asked in their own Parish Council Forum.

However, from the comments made here, I think they are aware that they are falling short on timely publication of minutes and we will see an improvement in the future, but there are always likely to be blips when staff/councillors are not available. Notwithstanding that, lengthy delays (such as in the current case) are unacceptable.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000