Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2011 :  20:13:17  Show Profile
Can anyone beat this one.

About 7:45 this evening I was approaching the station road roundabout from the West, I was indicating left for Station Road, there was a car in front of me not indicating, so going straight ahead on the 259.

A little 'X' reg hatchback - Peugeot or Vauxhall, screamed up in the right hand lane alongside me. I thought 'I know what it's going to do, it's going to race the car in front of me for the 259 exit'

Ohhhh no! The car in front of me was just past the station road exit, the hatchback, instead of racing past it, braked hard behind it and turned left in front of me on to Station Road!

(Edited for second 'e' in 'Peugeot')

Edited by - BFA on 03 Oct 2011 21:20:22

Mr C
Average Member

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2011 :  22:30:01  Show Profile
Why can't WSCC just paint arrows on to the lanes of the dual carriage way to make it clear that the right hand lane should ONLY be for turning RIGHT and the left hand lane is for going LEFT or STRAIGHT ON. It would save all the fights and near accidents at this roundabouts that occur on a daily basis.
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2011 :  22:41:54  Show Profile
It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to this idiot if there were illuminated arrows on the road, never mind painted ones, he (assuming 'boy racer') knew exactly what he was doing.

Some roundabouts would benefit from arrows, but the lack of them is no excuse for the right hand lane being used to turn left or vice-versa.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  10:45:33  Show Profile
Possibly an immigrant who thinks he can drive in UK as he does in his own country......but then he could be an English persons idiot child.
Go to Top of Page

240felicia

172 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  13:11:28  Show Profile
roosterbri, unless you are deliberately trying to be a stirrer and make comments like that for shock value, then i am truly disgusted at your blatant ethnocentricity...

they could easily have been some Scottish, Welsh or Irish idiot's child as well!

edited because i really am bad at typing

Edited by - 240felicia on 04 Oct 2011 13:12:20
Go to Top of Page

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  19:16:44  Show Profile
Also don't have to be young, there are some awful 'older generation' drivers
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2011 :  05:57:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by 240felicia

roosterbri, unless you are deliberately trying to be a stirrer and make comments like that for shock value, then i am truly disgusted at your blatant ethnocentricity...

they could easily have been some Scottish, Welsh or Irish idiot's child as well!

Sheeesh talk about nit picking!!!!!!!!!! Be as disgusted as you like I have no racial bias at all. It just saved writing time.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2011 :  05:59:02  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Karl@KCM

Also don't have to be young, there are some awful 'older generation' drivers

Thats true Karl however they would have been somebodys wild child...lol
Go to Top of Page

angmeringpaul

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2011 :  16:11:05  Show Profile
Turning right from left hand lanes is a local disease but you don't often see people turn left from right hand lanes!

A personal favourite are the drivers that signal right from the left hand lane and go straight on at roundabouts. Sometimes they do it over and over as they go along the A259.

The shocked look on their little faces when eventually I lean on the horn to wake them up to what they are doing.
Go to Top of Page

240felicia

172 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2011 :  12:46:29  Show Profile
roosterbri, that comment was my attempt at being funny... maybe it's because it's on the subject of roads around angmering, but you appear to have had a sense of humour bypass, which surprises me because some of the one liners you've recently put on the chat forum are pretty funny...

quote:
Originally posted by roosterbri

quote:
Originally posted by 240felicia

Sheeesh talk about nit picking!!!!!!!!!! Be as disgusted as you like I have no racial bias at all. It just saved writing time.

Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2011 :  06:24:54  Show Profile
240felicia

Please accept my humble apologies for misinterpreting
Go to Top of Page

newbird
Average Member

37 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2011 :  13:27:27  Show Profile
The drivers who "jump" round the islands coming into the village on Water Lane are the best, especially when they put their hand up and smile sheepishly at you as if to say "ooops, i really didnt mean to do that"..... really?
Go to Top of Page

Bramleymum

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2011 :  19:27:30  Show Profile
I recently moved to Bramley Green, we moved here from the 'old side' of Angmering. The sped humps and yellow lines seem to have been in the pipeline for longer than I can remember and now they have been approved seem to be rather slow in appearing!! I find it unbelievable the speed that people drive up and down Nursery Road, when they know the estate is full of young children, some of the culprits are parents themselves!! Will they slow down once a child is injured or worse.....
Go to Top of Page

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2011 :  20:22:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bramleymum
Will they slow down once a child is injured or worse.....

Only short term
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000