New Look
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lulu
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  22:02:08  Show Profile
Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I do like the new look of the Forum! Very clean and fresh looking.

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  22:32:42  Show Profile
MMMMMMMMMM INTY
Go to Top of Page

Lulu
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  23:59:28  Show Profile
OK, what does that mean? Is it good or bad? I do like the new look, but am I a majority of 1?

Edited by - Lulu on 15 Oct 2010 23:59:54
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  00:28:50  Show Profile
This tone of green is a mint/spearmint type of colour, esp when related to certain brands of chewing gum or mints, such as Trebor soft mints.

So, 'good' - the smiley is 'approve' (but Trebor softmints are very bad for your teeth, then again some toothpastes and mouth washes come in this minty colour)

Edited by - BFA on 16 Oct 2010 00:32:15
Go to Top of Page

Lulu
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  03:08:14  Show Profile
Oooh. I get it! I actually prefer the pink wintergreen mints myself, and the red, cinnamon flavoured mouthwash. The pink mints are equally as bad for the teeth as the green ones, but I digresse!
Glad you like the new look, too. (you do, don't you ??)
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  08:35:16  Show Profile
The shade of green may look different to some people depending on how their monitors have been set up.

Readers may also wish to reflect on the new logo!

Anyway, the reason for the changes has come out of the recent discussion on the matter of the lack of APC participation in the Forums. I wrote:
quote:
The AVL website is a serious site providing factual news, village history, local information, for the benefit of the community and for the promotion of Angmering (see "What to do & See" page for example).

The Forums are a separate entity from the main site, accessible through a dedicated portal, and were only introduced at the request of villagers. I was never keen to include them although I saw some benefit for residents in having an interactive area where they could express their opinions.
Patty suggested that pehaps AVL and the Forums could be separated in some way. While I own and host both AVL and the Forums, AVL (a serious factual site) was/is attracting bad press from some quarters solely for occasional controversial comments on the Forums. The removal of the Forums within the AVL site frame, new colours, and new logo, is therefore an attempt to create a little bit of distance between the two entities.

Nothing else has changed but one day I might just give the Forums their own domain name which would allow direct access to them rather than coming through AVL. Then again I might just close them altogether. Perhaps the minty-green might symbolise a "fresh" start!

And, by the way, the background of the opening posting the each new topic is supposedly "Blanched Almond" !!!

If you want direct access to the Angmering Forums rather than coming through AVL, the address is:
www.angmeringvillage.co.uk/forums/default.asp
Go to Top of Page

Lulu
Advanced Member

337 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  15:49:44  Show Profile
New logo seen, and approved as well, Neil. Good job! I also see the wisdom behind the change. Although I'm not an Angmeringite, I do visit this forum almost every day and I see all the negativity in regards to the PC and their not using this site. As an outsider, my only comment can be that it's a pity. It could have been such good PR for them, if they'd put out even the tiniest effort. But this is not the site for such comments, so will now cease and desist!
Once again, I like the new look!
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2010 :  19:25:17  Show Profile
If you click on the forum link at the bottom of the AVL homepage, it opens in the normal way and not in a separate window.

Edited by - BFA on 16 Oct 2010 19:26:47
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2010 :  08:20:34  Show Profile
Thanks, BFA. Now fixed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly