Author  Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  17:54:56  Show Profile
I have received the following email:

quote:
I'm working at Wall to Wall - a television production company known for programmes such as “Who Do You Think You Are” and “Long Lost Family” - on a new series for BBC One provisionally called “The Gift”. I just wanted to tell you a bit about it and see if you thought it might be the sort of thing anyone in your local community might be interested in. It would be great to know what you think.

The concept is all about resolution and reconciliation – helping people to make amends for something that they have done or to express their gratitude to someone who has affected their life in a really profound way. We’ve found that holding on to an unpaid debt of gratitude or the burden of guilt can have a really negative impact on both the physical and mental health of an individual, and leave them unable to move on with their lives. Yet people often find it difficult to do this themselves. For example they no longer have contact with the person who helped them when they needed it most, or don’t perhaps have the courage to make an approach to an old friend alone.

‘The Gift’ will help people who would like to locate an important person from their past to finally say ‘sorry’ or ‘thank you’ where they’ve not had the opportunity before. With a team of professional mediators, psychologists and experts in tracing people, we aim to put these people in touch, help them find a gesture or gift that represents their feelings, and support them through a meeting.

We are currently trying to find people who may need our help. We are aware that people who are relevant to our search will come from all walks of life, professions and backgrounds and we’re trying to spread the word to as many people as possible. It doesn’t take a lot to lose touch with someone important, and even with the advent of social media some people are still hard to find.

Perhaps someone has been looking for an old friend or even a stranger who was really there for them at one point in their life and who they no longer have contact with? Perhaps someone they really regret hurting who they’d finally like the ability to apologise to? Perhaps someone who really went above and beyond the call of duty to help or inspire them at an integral moment in their life who they’ve never had the opportunity to thank? I think, for many it’s often difficult to realise exactly what a person meant to you until it is too late to tell them.

I would be incredibly grateful if you were able to post something out to your members, I’ve been in touch with groups like yours across the country, in the hope that we’re able to spread the word to as many local communities as possible. It would be great if you were able to help me as well. I can be contacted on 020 3301 7871 or via email at ruby.coote@walltowall.co.uk.

Ruby Coote
Assistant Producer - The Gift

If anyone is interested in participating in the programme, or knows of anybody who might, please contact Ruby Coote direct.
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000