Angmering Roads & Paths - Forum
 Palmer Road/Arundel Road junction
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bee

1 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2014 :  10:05:48  Show Profile
Hi, we're new to Angmering having moved here a little under a year ago and we love the place - apart from one teeny-weeny little thing, and I wonder if anyone could advise how we proceed.

We certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, but exiting from Palmer Road and turning right into the Arundel Road during the school run can be an absolute nightmare. Parents driving towards St Margaret's are often held up because of cars parked on the double yellow lines and have to wait for oncoming traffic to come through. Sometimes they can only go forward when the Lollipop Lady stops the traffic outside the school gates, but then that blocks Palmer Road and, I regret to say, consideration isn't always given to those trying to get out to go in the opposite direction.

A yellow 'Keep Clear' box is needed at that junction to be fair to everyone wanting to get to school and into work. So who would I approach to suggest this? Is it the Parish Council? Or WSCC?

I dread to think how it will be in the future if that housing development goes through and another school isn't built - I don't think the Arundel Road has the capacity for more cars.

Advance thanks for your advice...

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2014 :  11:05:55  Show Profile
WSCC is the body responsible for roads.

If you have Smartphone, the App Love West Sussex gives you a good reporting tool.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2014 :  11:51:16  Show Profile
Welcome to the Forums, Bee.

Derek is quite correct - you should pursue the matter with West Sussex County Council Highways. However, I would also copy your request to Angmering Parish Council to keep them informed. They may be able to add weight to your plea - but don't hold your breath!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000