Angmering General - Forum
 Culvert
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stirrer

17 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  22:22:38  Show Profile
Hello. Did the video camera of the culvert ever get set up?

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  22:57:25  Show Profile
I think so, but there were some problems with it. I don't think the parties concrned are now so keen to share the link. Perhaps someone else knows the current situation.
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  23:23:12  Show Profile
I can confirm that the webcam has been installed and is already proving to be an excellent device.
The Environment Agency have asked initially, that while it is being tested, access to it is kept to just involved parties. There will be teething problems and this needs to be totally resolved before it can be opened up to all.
The Parish Council Emergency Committee have access and monitor it regularly at all hours.
It saves so much time, as we no longer have to keep travelling down there to check levels and we can keep a close eye on any build up up debris there.
A few weeks back, levels got to the very high level in the erly hours of the morning....yes the emergency committee members were up and monitoring and ringing each other to confirm and check details. They were able to alert possible victims and although the level did not get to flood level, it was a great help to be able see exactly what was happening.
It also enabled the Emergency Committee to start putting into practice their own plans and discover any loopholes those had.

Can I please ask anyone who is affected by flooding, that they ensure they have lodged a contact phone number with the PC emergency commitee (through the office), so that they can benefit from this early warning...either by phone or text or whichever way they prefer.
It does not matter whether you are in a high risk or low risk area, everyone counts, so please, please, ensure we have some contact information, so that we can give you an early warning.
Thank you.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

BOTFOJ

Kyrgyzstan
161 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  16:06:10  Show Profile
interesting that at the bottom of Ferring rife behind the Bluebird cafe is that enormous metal contraption that automatically sweeps the debris, whereas reading the news article, a bloke in a van to fish a log out seems to work just as well!

Edited by - BOTFOJ on 17 Feb 2014 16:06:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000