Medical Centre
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

chikab

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2014 :  09:50:59  Show Profile
We've recently changed our doctors and are now with the medical centre in the village. I was just wondering if someone could recommend a nice Doctor(s) there as I have a real fear of going to the Doctors and seeing a nice one for the first time will help no end. Preferably a female Doctor.

Many thanks.

maza

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2014 :  11:55:39  Show Profile
Dr Crosbie is a female doctor, very nice lady, also Dr Mayhew a male doctor, but extremely nice. I always use these two especially Dr Mayhew.
Go to Top of Page

lizh
Average Member

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2014 :  12:17:08  Show Profile
Dr Ponnusami is very good, especially with kids. Dr Pegge is also very good.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2014 :  12:20:15  Show Profile
Chikab, Dr Pegge is a female doctor.
Go to Top of Page

seagull
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2014 :  16:38:49  Show Profile
Dr Martina Houska is a female doctor and very nice.
Go to Top of Page

Nick2020

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2014 :  21:35:48  Show Profile
Interestingly no-one for Dr Hanley!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2014 :  22:23:26  Show Profile
Doctor Handley is a fine Doctor.
Go to Top of Page

deb8
Average Member

59 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2014 :  07:25:29  Show Profile
Was quoted two weeks for non emergency appointment to see doctor yesterday, Willow Green. ( not a frequent visitor to doctors)

Is this the norm for all surgeries in the area ? If so, are ADC putting money aside for new surgery to accompany new builds ?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2014 :  07:47:17  Show Profile
Developers are supposedly having to make a contribution towards an additional doctor and surgery facilities. However, this would not take place for several years and it would probably be at the Angmering Medical Centre, and not Willow Green, as the latter is not in the parish of Angmering. But who knows with ADC!
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2014 :  17:28:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nick2020

Interestingly no-one for Dr Hanley!

Nor for Dr Critchfield.

I'm more than happy to see Dr Handley. I couldn't have asked for better on a previous visit.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2014 :  06:26:11  Show Profile
When we first moved to Angmering 27 years ago the surgery was a walk in and wait in Cumberland Road, There was only one doctor on, and the opening times were restricted.
Now we have a nice new medical centre with a lot of doctors and it is a struggle to get an appointment under 2 weeks,
Besides the addition of Bramley Green what has changed that much that it leads to long wait times for appointments??
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2014 :  08:01:49  Show Profile
In those days, not everyone in Angmering was registered with the Cumberland Road surgery. Many, like myself, were registered with its main Herne Gardens surgery in Rustington.

Also, before the Medical Centre was built, quite a few people were registered with what is now the separate Willow Green surgery. I believe some people changed when the more convenient Medical Centre was built.

Both practices shared the Cumberland Road surgery if I remember correctly.
Go to Top of Page

deb8
Average Member

59 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2014 :  09:56:03  Show Profile
I am sorry but I feel roosterbri has a valid point. It is unacceptable to have to wait two weeks for an appointment. After the new build are we going to reason that four or five weeks is an acceptable time to wait, if a new medical centre isnt allocated.

It would appear all local surgeries are in the same position. Maybe booking appointments on line clogs the system. I am not sure what happened to increase wait from four days to two weeks but surely this situation needs looking into.

I doubt any of our political heads or their families wait two weeks!
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2014 :  12:40:38  Show Profile
Appreciate what you both say, however I do not think that is the whole story. There is generally two doctors on most of the day, these are supported by practice nurses who treat minor wounds etc.
Has the population of Angmering increased that much over the period?
Has Health Care increased that much to warrant the delays for an appointment?
Because of the various changes by recent governments I would suspect money has a lot to do with the problem.
Annual checks and reviews were not generally available but are now part of the Health Checking scenario.(Although I believe most of these are carried out by the nurses) This probably a fund generator.
I suspect the delays will never improve. We will just have to make an appointment and get sick to satisfy the appointment..lol
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  16:16:39  Show Profile
My father was a GP, of the old fashioned sort, whose surgery finished when there were no more patients in the waiting room. The last time I was in our health centre, waiting to see the nurse, because I could not get a doctors appointment, one of the doctors (I will not say which one), was standing behind the receptionists, blythely signing repeat prescriptions without even reading them, and telling the receptionists very clearly so I could hear that he needed to get this done quickly so he could get off to the gym - and this was at 11.30 in the morning!!!! So maybe, it is not money or anything else, it is work ethic, and loyalty to the patients.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000