New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  11:51:44  Show Profile
In the minutes of APC's meeting on 8 July, the Chairman made the following comments:

quote:
He (the Chairman) referred to derogatory comments being made on the Angmering Village Life website, which he believed would be answered by people coming into the office rather than taking cheap pot-shots, which were inaccurate and unnecessary.
Firstly, this maybe an error by the Parish Council as the Angmering Forums are a separate entity from Angmering Village Life as is clearly stated on the Forums' entry portal. Angmering Village Life is a serious factual website that has never to my knowledge made derogatory comments about APC. Therefore this claim by APC is libellous!

Secondly, what on earth are these "derogatory comments" to which the Chairman is referring? Surely they cannot be the comments calling for our council to make a statement about its position relating to the invite to ADCs meeting with the developers on 7 August and APCs silence. And surely they cannot be about the webcam or the Angmering in Bloom judging route when residents have robustly defended APC on both issues.

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2013 :  16:53:13  Show Profile
I wrote to the Parish Council asking them to amend minutes from "Angmering Village Life" to "the Angmering Forums". Still have not had the courtesy of a reply. I've sent them another chaser. Do they really think I will let the matter drop? No chance!

There is no excuse for this error by APC - perhaps pure vindictiveness but not ignorance. I have explained to both the Chairman and the Parish Clerk of the difference between the two entities on more than one occasion.

Conclude SAV have not had a response or acknowledgment to their request for a meeting a month ago. It seems APC are also reneging on their agreement to try and respond to questions posed by residents within 3 days. It's now been 10 days since Derek asked the for an explanation via the Council's own Forum here. The arrogance of those in charge is unbelievable - total contempt for Angmering voters who are the people who pay for the Council's existence.

Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2013 :  09:24:05  Show Profile
I have now had a response from the Parish Council that they have amended the minutes to read:
quote:
He (the Chairman) referred to derogatory comments being made on the Angmering Forum made available through the Angmering Village Life website, which he believed would be answered by people coming into the office rather than taking cheap pot- shots, which were inaccurate and unnecessary.
While the reference to AVL is unnecessary, the libellous element has been removed and I have therefore amended the Parish Council minutes' snippets on the AVL News page.

It should be pointed out that the Angmering Forums are not solely accessible through the AVL website. They can be accessed directly at

www.angmeringvillage.co.uk/forums.htm
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2013 :  11:26:26  Show Profile
I thought minutes of a meeting reported the facts. The Chairman either said the original remark or he didn't. How can it be considered right to make an amendment to the minutes to show something that was not said?
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2013 :  12:08:54  Show Profile
Interesting point, Nigel. Perhaps the correct way of handling the error would be for it to be covered in the next meeting's minutes under "Matters arising from Previous Minutes".

If it was done in that way it might be OK although a libellous statement would be on file for a couple of months. And could I be confident that APC would remember to do it - not so sure. If not, all the agro would start again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000