Some Observations
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Atomius

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  13:59:39  Show Profile
I earlier this year reported the sighting of an urban in the village shouting raucously. I have recently witnessed a drunken gentleman in the early hours of the morning on Lloyd Goring Close, and on that same artery several cars with young men in them of an undesirable sort.

At the time my observation was greeted with ridicule and disbelief, and I admit it is hard to picture chavs and the like in our village. But with more housing developments and traffic also comes undesirable chavvish sorts. The 'urban' or 'gangsta' is often disrespectful of the law and social norms, and often acts like a wild dog.

This afternoon on the return from Sainsburys where I bought my daily bread I had the displeasure of witnessing before me on the cycle/footpath beside the Rustington Retail Park two chavs or urbans. One had draped a hoodie over his head like a super hero cape, he then proceeded (while walking in a very chavvish manner) to throw a drink bottle into the bush!

(In front, it may be added, of the car park and all therein!)

This seeming to amuse the wild boy they then proceeded to the traffic lights at Ham Manor Way and he saluted a gangster car with his urban manner. Alarming enough, they then proceeded towards the village. Following me they being slow and lazy) I last sighted them near my previous sighting of a similar kind.

I naturally do not wish to cause upset to villagers by my sightings, and I assure you I be an honest man and that if I did not know what I saw I should not report some vague specter or ghost. The guards of Azkaban I care not for. However this is a very real problem.

If we continue to ignore the chav problems that new houses create, we shall become part of the conurbation and part of Littlehampton. Do you really wish to be another Wick? So I call for the chavs to be rounded up and dealt with swiftly and effectively.

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  14:52:17  Show Profile
Iz yus dizzy blud? I get my daily bread from the baker in the village - support local shops bro, innit :-)

Edited by - BFA on 29 Jun 2013 14:58:01
Go to Top of Page

Atomius

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  14:14:35  Show Profile
I, being on Jobseekers Allowance, tend to spend as little as possible. Sainsburys bread is only 50 pence per loaf, whereas at the Cooperative in the village it costs more than a pound. Obviously any sane person would go to Sainsburys even though it takes longer.

As to supporting local businesses

1. Sainsburys is cheaper
2. That's off topic
and 3. The only real way to do this is by destroying Sainsburys, and I haven't got a nuke bomb on me nor am I David Cameron, and I doubt even he has that sort of influence.

Thus I am afraid I shall have to continue to purchase my bread at Sainsburys. I did, however, purchase two bottles of brown ale at the Cooperative on Friday as it isn't advisable to carry bottles on the bicycle as they might break.
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  22:48:12  Show Profile
Respekt!

Canned beer would be OK on a bike, cheaper than bottled and far cheaper at Sainsburys, plus a good set of panniers would probably be fine for bottles anyway. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Atomius

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  18:06:38  Show Profile
Lol today the lady asked to see my ID. I haven't been 17 since 2008...

Anyway yeah cans might be okay on a bike but they get shaken and if my experience with coke is anything to go by... I remember back in the Gong I was riding down the hill on Crown Street and BAM! it was like a volcano...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000