st Nicholas garden
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maddovey

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  17:00:32  Show Profile
To day I have been told the lamb pub are trying to take over st Nicholas gardend's as there own pub garden, this is very sad news that garden has been part of the village for years, I don't not want to see it used as a drinking place full of rubbish

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  17:54:29  Show Profile
This is just not true. The Lamb are using their own land to improve their facilities for villagers and others. They are still allowing the public to have access over their land to and from St Nicholas Gardens - so, no change - just a different entrance. Once upon a time, the car park was completely a garden owned by The Lamb. The proposed arrangements should have no impact on the people who back onto St Nicholas Gardens.

Have you not looked at the plans which are available online at ADC (Planning Application No. A112/12)? I think there are still a few people around who want to undermine The Lamb by circulating these false rumours!
Go to Top of Page

TilerTim

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2012 :  21:04:59  Show Profile
In my opinion, people should be supporting their local businesses, instead of undermining their attempts to succeed in this dire economic climate. It also saddens me when people don't use the english language correctly...
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  11:20:08  Show Profile
As I use the Lamb on occasion, Village Night etc I can only
applaud the efforts made by the new owners to renovate and
upgrade this building and business
All changes are to a very high standard.
The plans for the new garden structure are to the same high
standard and will enhance the area.
Don't listen to rumors.
Go and look at what has already been achieved to make this
a business that we should support and be proud of.
Go to Top of Page

lizh
Average Member

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  20:58:40  Show Profile
I wish there was a like button for the replies to this post. The Lamb is a credit to this village.
Go to Top of Page

Questor
Average Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  02:44:47  Show Profile
I have read with interest the comments above. Firstly may I say thank you to all of the contributors above who have kindly supported The Lamb. We are most grateful to you for the support. I would now like to reply to Maddovey's post that we at The Lamb 'are trying to take over St. Nicholas garden's as their own pub garden'.
This is simply not true, our application is to build a decking area in our car park that looks into the park. We will not be encroaching on one inch of the gardens, the entire project will be in just two or three of our car park spaces that look into the park.
Currently the general public use the Lamb car park for access to St. Nicks. When we were negotiating to purchase The Lamb searches showed no public footpath existed across the Lamb car park into St. Nicks. We have a letter on file confirming this. Our car park is the private property of The Lamb.
Our car park has been a matter of concern to us since we purchased The Lamb. We had, during renovation, windows that were stoned and damage done to the back of the building including lead stolen from the roof from vandals who committed the crime from our car park. We have also had children playing on bikes and other activities from youngsters who have used the car park on their way in and out of the park. This of course is dangerous and damage can be caused to customers cars parked in our car park. We have now installed CCTV to combat such issues.
Since we opened we have received great support from the Village and our intention is to try to maintain and support our local community. With this objective in mind we have never had and do not intend to stop villagers using our car park to enter St. Nick's garden on foot. As long as individuals respect our building and the cars parked we are happy with the current arrangement.
On the subject of decking in the car park, The Lamb does not have a pub garden and this decking area, if approved by the Parish Council and the ADC will be known as 'The Terrace At The Park'. It will offer our customers the opportunity to have a beer and lunch in the summer months looking into St, Nick's Gardens. It will not interfere with the passage of villagers into and out of the park and will not, I say again, encroach one inch into the park.
Since we opened we have supported many charities and organisations in Angmering and we have tried to make the Lamb a real part of the community. We admit to being new to the 'pub' business, we have made mistakes and will probably continue to do so for a while. However we hope we have learned from them and we remain committed to making The Lamb a place the village feels very comfortable at. This latest application for 'A Terrace At The Park' is part of the continued renovation of this lovely old Inn. Should any individual wish to talk to Martin about the proposed decking and seating he will be more than happy to discuss the issue with you, please just pop into the pub.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000