Dualling on A259
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2012 :  17:24:35  Show Profile
Many people see the dualling of the A259 as an answer to traffic congestion. Cannot personally see the logic.

Traffic comes off the by-pass through Angmering village because of the current difficulty at busy periods of getting on to the A259 Westbound. Exit onto the A259 from Station Road is only possible because traffic coming from the dual carriageway past Sainsbury's has to slow down, and sometimes allow Station Road traffic access, because they are entering the single lane continuation of the road. Dualling that section would result in faster traffic and access would be well nigh impossible.

If anyone has a thought through reason for dualling I'd be pleased to hear of it.

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  11:08:44  Show Profile
I am not too sure the residents of Angmering are too concerned about the access at the bypass roundabout. They are however I am sure concerned about the traffic through the village and if dualling gives drivers from the west faster access to the bypass I am sure they will take that route rather than get held up at pinch points.

Surely eastbound drivers from the bypass have the same problems at both the Station Road and the bypass roundabout.

Short of having traffic lights at each roundabout (which could create the same congestion as at Worthing Hill Barn Roundabout at peak times) I think there is not an easy solution.
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  12:46:08  Show Profile
You may be right about dualling cutting traffic through the village but I suspect it will not alleviate it a great deal. That would be the trade off, however, against access to the A259 from Station Road. Think it might prove very difficult for drivers wanting to go west to Rustington and Littlehampton.

Not sure I understand comment about eastbound drivers from the bypass. Did you mean westbound? Eastbound drivers wouldn't touch Station Road roundabout.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  13:55:10  Show Profile
ooppss!!should have been westbound
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: