Parish Council vacancy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  13:05:44  Show Profile
I'm sorry to see that Phil.Leverick has resigned from Angmering Parish Council...hope it doesn't cause too much disruption on the Committees or the Neighbourhood Plan.

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  18:25:00  Show Profile
During my time on the council, Phil Leverick and I clashed on more than one occasion, but I must say that his resignation will be a sad loss to the council. He gave everything he could, both in time and effort, to try and better Angmering for everyone. An example to all councillors, present or future. Good wishes for the times ahead and thank you Phil.
Go to Top of Page

Robinf

105 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2012 :  11:30:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nigel

During my time on the council, Phil Leverick and I clashed on more than one occasion, but I must say that his resignation will be a sad loss to the council. He gave everything he could, both in time and effort, to try and better Angmering for everyone. An example to all councillors, present or future. Good wishes for the times ahead and thank you Phil.

I'm new in the village. Any specific reason why he resigned? Was it anything to do with the NP? Is anyone steeping forward to fill this post?
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2012 :  11:47:05  Show Profile
Phil was what can only be described, in the nicest sense, a total workaholic.
He devoted what must have been almost all his wakening hours to Parish Council work.
He spent endless hours researching and gathering information in particular for the Local PLan.
I could go on, but think you will get the idea.
His health took his priority and knowing he was not the sort of person to take a back seat on the Council, he stepped down to allow someone else to join, who would hopefully be able to share the workload.
He gained a great deal of respect and worked constantly for the Parish.

The vacancy has been advertised on the PC website.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2012 :  16:21:00  Show Profile
I see from the minutes of the last APC meeting (12 March) that another one of our Parish Councillors has resigned. (Stephen Winn.)
Currently two vacancies, I hope that number does not increase, and that two individuals can be co-opted asap.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000