New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  07:48:13  Show Profile
Readers of the AVL News page will have noted that, in discussions with myself, a new facility within this group of Forums has been established today - see the new Angmering Parish Council (Category) and APC Q&A Forum. This new category will be found between the "Specifically Angmering" and the "Chatter" Categories.

Registered members of the Forums may ask the Council questions but a strict set of Rules has been set up to prevent abuse which will be strictly enforced. The APC Q&A Forum will be administered and moderated by the Council itself.

The Rules have been established in a "sticky" topic within the Q&A Forum to which anyone posting a question must adhere.

I believe in responsible free speech. I do not necessarity agree with every statement made in these Forums and do not expect everybody to agree with me

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  14:54:40  Show Profile
I notice that on the very first topic posted to the APC Q&A Forum by Roosterbri, another member has already ignored the Rules and posted to his topic question. Please note that it is for APC to reply to a question and NOBODY else should post to that topic.

It is appreciated that this is entirely different from the other Forums and it will take a little time for members to get used to the specific Rules.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  08:45:07  Show Profile
In the sticky "APC Q&A - Rules" topic (which I forgot to lock!), Jammer wrote:

quote:
Neil, why has the thread on the old Texaco roundabout now been locked?
Do APC not want to update it when they get a response from WSCC?
Does roosterbri not want to add an addendum should he fill out the suggested form and get a reply?

Seems a bit like "we've answered.. now lock it quick before anyone argues"

I'm sure this is not the case but you would be forgiven for thinking so??

Jammer, the Rules were established to prevent abuse and on-going discussion/argument on a matter because experience tells us that this can happen. The whole concept of the Q&A Forum is that an individual asks APC a question without anyone else adding their two-pennyworth, irrespective of whether their comments add value.

If the person posing the question is dissatisfied with APC's response or wishes to clarify their answer, or wishes to add an addendum, he/she may make one further posting on the same subject. If he/she is still dissatisfied, then he/she should go into the APC office and discuss it further.

What must be understood is that there is an agreed procedure going on at APC once a question has been asked which ensures that the answer given is the APC's official one. Amending or adding to the original question would undermine the process and/or cause delays in responding which would then be criticised.

This does not stop free speech. Others can start topics on the subject on appropriate Forums outside the APC Category.

APC Moderators do the locking of the Q&A topics (not me) and can unlock the topic after their reply, add an update, and then lock it again.

Sorry Jammer for removing your comment to this topic. It was my fault. I wanted a "clean" sticky topic just containing the Rules and nothing else, but I forgot to lock it afterwards to prevent further postings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000