Maflower Way/Bramley Green Footpath
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maza

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2011 :  19:21:19  Show Profile
Talk about the travellers parking on the green, we have now got parents taking their cars across the green to the skatebowl picking up their children and bikes then leaving by Mayflower Way! How long does it take to block an entrance up from Mayflower Way into Bramley Green, or are we going to continue to let them pick their children up in their cars.

angmeringpaul

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2011 :  02:20:42  Show Profile
Parents picking up their children after their activity-whatever next!?
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2011 :  06:53:38  Show Profile
Dogs & children getting knocked down. It is supposed to be a footpath for pedestrians not a road. Nice of APC to have made it so much easier for the local lout population to have somewhere to drop off the crates of beer and ghetto blasters though! Oh and, the travellers won't have to cause any damage trying to gain access if they come before the Aug bank holiday as the gate will already be open for them.
Go to Top of Page

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2011 :  21:00:16  Show Profile
Think its ridiculous that parents need to pick their children up by driving across the field, not too much hypocrisy
Go to Top of Page

popcorn
Average Member

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2011 :  18:15:09  Show Profile
Is there a restriction for cars going on to the green at the skatebowl? Obvioulsy there can't be as I saw 2 cars going on to the green earlier this afternoon picking up children. I take it there won't be any objection then, to having a car boot sale free entry!!!
Go to Top of Page

Crazypaving
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2011 :  18:59:05  Show Profile
Great idea Popcorn. At long last we have a really useful suggestion. Worried though whether you will need a change of use application from Free for All Travellers' Site to car boot sale - probably not a lot in it! I don't think it should be free though as if you charge a small amount APC could put those monies in reserve for clearing up after we are attacked by the next lot of travellers!
Go to Top of Page

popcorn
Average Member

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2011 :  20:06:41  Show Profile
Once again, there are still cars picking up children at the skatebowl, this has been reported to the police by a neighbour, so once again I say to APC what is going on here? Is it we can allow parents to drive across the green to pick up their children, but when it comes to travellers on the green, there seems to be double standards towards other members of society.
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2011 :  21:02:30  Show Profile
Hi Popcorn

Work is due to commence this coming Monday and be finished Wednesday (subject to weather) for the first part of our emergency action to seal off the field against travellers.
Some of the measures will be permanent, some will be temporary while the next stage is being sorted out.
Will be happy to explain details once work is done.

That will also stop the cars coming through.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000