Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering Roads & Paths - Forum
 Angmering Conseravtion Area

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
westsussexbluenose Posted - 01 Apr 2015 : 11:46:16
I have searched on tha ADC website for details of the conseravation area in Angmering, I have managed to find the relevant maps which detail the area concerned. What I cant find out is actually what protection a conservation area provides as the information is rather vague in so much as planning applications can be made but they need to be in keeping with the local area etc... as I understand it therefore, an application could be made for example to widen a road, or put a roundabout, or narrow verges, as long as it is in keeping with the area..likewise, objections could be made which are contrary to this.
Anybody out there have any thoughts on this?
cheers
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
westsussexbluenose Posted - 07 Apr 2015 : 13:10:19
thanks Neil I will have a gander at this..cheers
neil Posted - 04 Apr 2015 : 16:09:50
The Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 can be found at www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/9/contents and no doubt is the fundamental requirement for all planning authorities to adhere.

However, despite its title, the Act appears to concentrate on buildings and structures rather than roads etc. Sections 67 and 73 might be the nearest for Conservation Area control.

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000