Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Thank you Neil

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Questor Posted - 14 Dec 2015 : 13:39:56
So, after a long history for a 'blog' Angmering Forums is to close.

I, like many others will miss it. It became an invaluable tool to me to understand the village, the people and the history. It was a vehicle to let off steam, especially recently with the infuriating attitude ADC and other bodies took over housing development that would change the look and the feel of the village forever. It also offered light hearted banter which one would find amusing on a grey day and it gave us all in Angmering Village the feeling that we are part of a solid community who care and want the best for our village. It was important, because it spread the news quickly, good and bad. The blog told quickly of issues individuals thought would be important to others, events, happenings and individuals strongly held views. It was a vehicle to let of steam, make people laugh, offer advice and to keep those living away for periods, informed of local opinion.

All of this would not have been possible without the input, enthusiasm and dedication of its founder Neil Rogers Davies. Neil does so much for the village, Angmering Village Life is part of Angmering's soul and the Forum was really the link between the village and its inhabitants. I shall personally be eternally grateful to him for the help and advice he gave to me and to Martin when we took on the daunting job of restoring The Lamb. His pictures are all over the walls of the pub and the feel it has given the old hostelry reflects the history of The Lamb and Angmering Village and the tie between customers of today and the families who have lived here for generations.

So this post is a tribute and a thank you to Neil for his dedication, for the immense amount of time he has put into Angmering Life and especially the 'Forum' which will close shortly. I know I shall miss it and a lot of others will as well. I hope my post will encourage others to offer their comments on a blog that will be sadly lost and an individual who serves our community with such dedication.

Thanks for the Forum Neil, it sure told some tales and produced a great deal of discussion. May Angmering Life continue in good health for many years to come, Questor.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joefallon Posted - 29 Dec 2015 : 20:19:38
Many thanks Neil for all your good work in keeping Angmering Forums mostly on the straight and narrow over the past years.
Long Live 'Angmering Village Life' !
neil Posted - 28 Dec 2015 : 16:38:43
And thank you, Bert, for all your contributions over the years.
Bert Posted - 28 Dec 2015 : 12:10:47
Many thanks Neil.
neil Posted - 18 Dec 2015 : 09:24:19
Thank you Robin. With three young grandchildren with us on Christmas Day, I doubt whether it will be that peaceful!

My rantings now continue on the Angmering Village Facebook page (not mine). Among the dross there is occasionally a topic worth making a contribution. However, there are very few reasoned arguments and even those are interspersed with a lot of ignorance. But that is the nature of social media these days - forums such as this one is largely a thing of the past.

Angmering Village Life and its News & Views page will continue, of course, and Angmeringites are welcome to send in "Letters to the Editor" for publication if there is something they would like to get off their chests.
Robinf Posted - 17 Dec 2015 : 08:07:15
Many thanks Neil. Your hard work and commitment to this blog has not gone unnoticed and your own views and comments on village life have always been thoughtful, informative and unbiased, providing clarity to some very muddy issues that the village has endured and heaven knows there have been enough of those over the past few years.

May you and your family have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and New Year.
neil Posted - 14 Dec 2015 : 18:31:51
Thank you for your kind comments, Lee - very much appreciated.

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000