Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 *** CLOSURE OF FORUMS ***

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
roosterbri Posted - 03 Oct 2015 : 06:37:41
Neil...its a shame,you have obviously put a lot of effort into the site for which I would like to say MANY THANKS and good luck for the future.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pansy Posted - 13 Oct 2015 : 11:45:30
Thanks, Neil, for pointing out the error in my posting above. As you can see I have amended accordingly and with apologies to Mr. Angry!
neil Posted - 12 Oct 2015 : 23:54:31
Pansy, I think that there should possibly have been a full stop after "better half" unless you are married to Mr Angry!
Pansy Posted - 12 Oct 2015 : 17:42:01
I'd like to add my thanks to those already expressed - your Forums have been much appreciated and much read! When you first launched this project it was clear that it was appropriate and the time was absolutely right for such a bold initiative as was evidenced by the high level of participation from many people who posted with imaginative and innovative comment. "Mr. Angry" springs to mind as someone who energised whatever subject was under discussion. Derek Dainton was, as ever. a voice of common sense and reason and many of your readers I am sure would agree with this assessment.

Society has changed, but not necessarily for the better. Higher levels of media communication mean that many people can post utterances before realising the folly of their words and a trail of many posts on your Forums would serve to reinforce this assessment.

You are right to terminate in view of the new forces that are at work but in my opinion, shared by my "better half, Mr.Growser, I would like to thank you for the way in which you have masterminded and help lead on various contentious Village issues.

So, once again, thank you for everything that you have done.
Tinklebelle Posted - 10 Oct 2015 : 12:48:32

Thank you Neil for all you've done over the past 9 years. I've had much enjoyment in reading all the messages.

neil Posted - 03 Oct 2015 : 10:22:10
Roosterbri, many thanks for your kind comments. I will explain the reasons for the closure.

The Forums have been running for 9 years during which there have been about 17,000 postings. However many things have changed since that date. Principally, and the main reason for closing, is that the Forums' software has just got out of date and things do not work. For example, email notifications are now non-existent as ISP's do not now support the old protocols. I do not know about anyone else, by my own postings take an age to submit.

Secondly, social media has changed significantly in those 9 years. Forums, such as this, have become dated and few have time (or the will) to construct a well written dialogue or argument. FaceBook largely killed forums for quick and easy postings or rants.

But even FaceBook is under threat with other social media such as Twitter taking over. It will be noticed that many people today - not just youngsters - are glued to their smart-phones totally oblivious to anyone around them. Other technology to take over from these and texts is on the way.

Consequently, numbers viewing the Angmering Forums are only a third or a quarter of what they were 5 or 6 years' ago , and the number of people actually posting or responding to topics has fallen to a handful.

Additionally, with aging software, there are more and more scammers trying to access the Forums. I intercept most of these before they are able to post but it has become very difficult to identify genuine and scam applicants.

I myself now use the Angmering Village FaceBook page - it is not mine. It is a closed and moderated group but has over 2,300 members. While I deplore the standard of many of the postings, language used, and some of the content, it is still useful if you navigate past the rubbish.

I would like to re-assure readers that I am still committed to running the Angmering Village Life site and keeping it up to date although I will be withdrawing the Sale page shortly for its general lack of use.

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000