Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Arun District Council

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
derekdainton Posted - 02 Feb 2015 : 16:00:06
Now that he's done with laying waste to Angmering, see that Simon Meecham has moved on to Maldon in Essex as Director of Planning and Regulation.
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
derekdainton Posted - 26 Jun 2015 : 09:11:19
The mirage that is Councillor Cooper!
neil Posted - 24 Jun 2015 : 10:19:53
Item from last Parish Council Meeting (after the elections):

quote:
District Councillor Wensley wished to draw the Parish Council’s attention to the fact that, following the ward boundary adjustments, the District Councillors for this ward now had four parishes to cover. District Councillor Wensley noted that, taking account of the District Councillors’ other commitments, it was currently envisaged that the coverage would be divided as follows:

• Angmering: District Councillor Cooper
• Clapham and Patching: District Councillor Bicknell
• Findon: District Councillor Wensley.

neil Posted - 09 May 2015 : 13:42:58
The results of the Angmering and Findon constituancy election on Thursday 7 May 2015 are are follows:

BAKER, Alison Sarah Labour Party 887
BICKNELL, Paul Andrew Conservative Party 2963 Elected
BISS, David Alan Liberal Democrats 998
COOPER, Andy Conservative Party 2212 Elected
DYSON, Mark Gordon UKIP 1418
SMITH, Lionel Green Party 796
TAYLOR, Malcolm James Liberal Democrats 706
WENSLEY Dudley Michael Conservative Party 2325 Elected
neil Posted - 18 Apr 2015 : 08:35:47
derekdainton Posted - 18 Apr 2015 : 07:25:32
Neil, probably wishful thinking on the part of some.
neil Posted - 17 Apr 2015 : 16:51:46
Ah, I now see. In November 2013, I was making a change to Derek Dainton's account, at his request, when I mistakenly pressed the wrong button. To cut a longer story short, I permanently deleted Derek's status and cannot get it back! However, it has not affected his postings.
westsussexbluenose Posted - 17 Apr 2015 : 16:30:03
Hi Neil, I'm not good with this techno stuff so I apologise if I have mislead you - I will describe what I see - the previous post to mine by Derekdainton has under his name "deleted" and no stars, whereas mine says "average member" (definite scope for a carry on moment there I fear!)and 3 stars. If I have misunderstood this anyway I apologise to all concerned..
neil Posted - 17 Apr 2015 : 09:01:16
Thank you for you views, westsussexblenose. I'm sure many readers will agree with your opinion. But the very nature of Forums at times leads to heated debates and to human frailties

However, what does concern me more is your assertion that "someone has been deleted". Could you please give me some pointers here or by email. I am unaware of any such deletion and I am the only person able to delete members. I have only ever done this in the case of a couple of spammers and the last was about 2 years' ago.

Apart from the agreed restrictions when APC started their Forum, there have been no others since the Forums started in 2005.
westsussexbluenose Posted - 17 Apr 2015 : 08:35:41
mmm..I have been reading this topic with some interest and now see that someone has been deleted. I am relatively new to this forum and without doubt there are a couple of issues which cause a great degree of polarisation, which of course provides a healthy debate. I was a regular poster on another forum not connected in any shape or form to village life, it was a sports forum for a football club. They have now banned ANY topics on the following: religion, race and politics as they all ended up being very personal and the forum has now dried up. Free speech is one thing, but personal attacks are really the lowest of the low - keyboard warriors are increasing in numbers on all forums, I just wonder that would people say what they type if they were in a pub having a similar chat - I doubt it. Those that read my limited number of posts will clearly see that I am not the greatest fan of APC especially in their representation of the residents with regard to the overdevelopment of Angmering. However, my comments have not and will not become personal and I am happy to debate this issue one way or another. So, unless we all stop resorting to personal attacks I fear that this forum will end up with so many restrictions on topic content that there will be little point popping on now and again to see what is being discussed - and it is cheaper than visitingthe local pubs! - and that is a debate worth having too!
derekdainton Posted - 17 Apr 2015 : 07:01:27
We have seagulls nesting on our roof. They flap around, make a lot of noise and dump s... everywhere. Quite an appropriate moniker.

Speaking of which, see Andy Cooper's e-mail address on Conservative literature is @air-head.com Some people just set themselves up!

Incidentally, have not yet received a response to my e-mail asking Mr Cooper to set out what he believes he has done for Angmering during his tenure as Ward Councillor.
neil Posted - 16 Apr 2015 : 11:30:13
Shooting myself in the foot? Please explain. You again seem to think that I am concerned about the future of the Forums - I was never particularly interested in establishing them in the first place - it was others who wanted me to establish them on the back of Angmering Village Life which I fought off for a while.

It was also APC who wanted a Forum here - not me. They just reneged on their own rules and the basic rules/requirements of these Forums which made their continuance untenable.

All your postings seem exceptionally supportive of APC and reject any criticism of them. Do you have a connection with APC?
seagull Posted - 16 Apr 2015 : 10:45:56
Neil, I'm not trying to needle you, I just find your patronizing rhetoric so unnecessary.
As for suspending APC; that was just shooting yourself in the foot!
neil Posted - 16 Apr 2015 : 09:18:16
seagull, I was saying that your posting was ignorant because it wrongly made the assumption that I was not pro-UKIP. I was not suggesting that you were an ignorant person - there is a distinction. Yes, I am suspicious when people from extremist parties move closer to the centre but I can accept this if they explain their reasons rather than slide into a new party hoping that no one will notice.

I never intended to suggest that Mark Dyson WAS racist because of his BNP past but, coming from that party, one does need to ask the question - again quite a distinction. But Mark Dyson's performance at the UKIP meeting in Angmering last month totally underwhelmed me. Regardless of his BNP past, I would have hoped that he could have made a good strong case for his election to Arun District Council but he seemed overawed by the 14 members of the audience! Peter Grace, however, seemed very sound, open, and a good candidate to stand as our MP. Generally speaking, I also think Nick Herbert has done a good job over the last 5 years.

The majority of candidates at District and Parish Council level treat voters with contempt by not even trying to tell the electorate more about themselves and what they want to achieve for their parishioners. The Angmering Forums is just one source where they could at least try. If I know more about candidates, I will share it with readers of these Forums as I have done in the case of the two new members of the Parish Council from May. In the past, some Parish Councillors have even come onto the Forums and provided this information and I would call for them to do this again - even existing councillors who will be in office again from May.
quote:
You are obviously getting past your sell by date and it's time you called it a day. This Forum will be soon be restricted to an 'Items for Sale' website if you criticise and try to belittle anyone that disagrees with your views.
Not sure the reasons for this personal attack unless it is revenge for my suspending APC from the Forums for the valid reasons given. On balance, over the last 15 years, I have been quite supportive of APC but you may be a comparative newcomer. For example, you may be unaware of the personal nasty and abuse attacks I received from some people living on BG when I strongly supported APC on the building of the Community Centre.

Why on earth, seagull, do you think I might be concerned about the future of these Forums? I'm not. Of course, I realise that you are just trying to needle me. People are quite free to stop reading or contributing to these Forums where people will disagree with one another and sometimes be prickly. But they do provide a reasonable level of discussion, feedback from the community, and a source of local information. If people would prefer ignorant foul mouthed dialogue, they can always move over to Facebook and other social media!

seagull Posted - 16 Apr 2015 : 00:11:03
Well Neil, just as I predicted to my friends, a pathetic response to my post!
I have met both the UKIP parliamentary and district council candidates and have found them fine. I disagree with Peter Grace on the Arundel by pass but apart from that their policies are sound. I have never been a supporter of the BNP and never would be, but not all of their policies or their supporters are racist and several of their policies are a lot more sensible than the Greens! Your original posting was intended to IMPLY that the UKIP candidate was racist because he was once a BNP member. How many current Labour party members were previously Communist or Marxist members? Just because I didn't agree with your posting Neil, doesn't make me ignorant. I have probably read more manifesto's, have more experience in Government and Local Government than you could imagine, so I'm probably more informed than you! You are obviously getting past your sell by date and it's time you called it a day. This Forum will be soon be restricted to an 'Items for Sale' website if you criticise and try to belittle anyone that disagrees with your views.
luckyduck Posted - 15 Apr 2015 : 15:28:46
I have just had the Conservative leaflet dropped through my door - not a single objective related to housing - all they are concerned about is :
1 - wanting a junior school in the south of the village - as per out neighbourhood plan
2 - improve the A259 between Angmering by pass and Rustington by pass - only required because of all the developments ADC drop on us
3 - To work with Findon parish council maintaining it as a safe and lovely place to live and work - i.e. b****r Angmering
4 - health, hospitals and A&E - haven't seen them do anything about Littlehampton cottage hospital before its demolition or since
5- improve drainage in Angmering and either side of the A27 at Hammerpot - where the hell did this come from?

In other words, these points have been dictated to them, and they have still not listened to the villagers - I hope they get well and truly stuffed.
neil Posted - 14 Apr 2015 : 16:30:46
That is quite an ignorant remark by assuming that I am anti-UKIP which I am not. Neither am I anti-Conservative or anti-Labour. But voters should know as much as possible about the candidates standing for election and make then their own decisions. What I will say is that I abhor the BNP and its policies and it worries me when BNP members join UKIP or other parties to its left.

I would hope that Mark Dyson gives us the reasons why he left BNP.

How many people went to The Angmering School last month and listened to our UKIP candidate, Peter Grace? I was one of the few. Seemed like a decent and sincere guy to me.

seagull Posted - 14 Apr 2015 : 16:02:28
[quote]Originally posted by neil

And three or four years' ago Mark Dyson was a BNP activist!
[/Didn't think it would take long for the anti-UKIP brigade to start slinging mud.
AS if the Tory ,Labour and Lib Dems are whiter than white. Boring!quote]
derekdainton Posted - 11 Apr 2015 : 09:40:48
Have sent following to Andy Cooper so it will be interesting to get his response.

"With the forthcoming elections to ADC fast approaching, perhaps you would like to lay out what you feel you have achieved for the people of Angmering in the time you have served as our Ward Councillor. Many in the community would, I'm sure, appreciate your comments."

Interesting that it would appear his wife is also standing for election to the District Council. How many more husband/wife partnerships can the Council accommodate?
neil Posted - 10 Apr 2015 : 19:16:58
And three or four years' ago Mark Dyson was a BNP activist!
Robinf Posted - 10 Apr 2015 : 15:48:45
quote:
Originally posted by Robinf

So here is the list of list of those standing for election:

Labour Alison Baker
Conservative Paul Bicknell
Liberal Democrat David Bliss
Conservative Andy Cooper
UKIP Mark Dyson
Green Lionel Smith
Liberal Democrat Malcolm Taylor
Conservative Dudley Wensley

All unremarkable IMHO and to-date I have yet to see any of them knocking on my door to convince me why I should vote for any of them.

The incumbent Conservative administration will seek to win a 12th election in a row having controlled the council since 1973, whilst the opposition parties will hope to increase their number of seats. Is it not time therefore for some political rearrangements down at the town hall, especially when we have bottom feeders like Ricky Bower, Gillian Brown and the like calling the shots on how our futures are shaped?

Roll on May 7th.

Interesting to note that Deborah L Urquhart (Angmering and Findon WSCC Councillor) proposed Andy Cooper!!
Robinf Posted - 10 Apr 2015 : 13:32:39
So here is the list of list of those standing for election:

Labour Alison Baker
Conservative Paul Bicknell
Liberal Democrat David Bliss
Conservative Andy Cooper
UKIP Mark Dyson
Green Lionel Smith
Liberal Democrat Malcolm Taylor
Conservative Dudley Wensley

All unremarkable IMHO and to-date I have yet to see any of them knocking on my door to convince me why I should vote for any of them.

The incumbent Conservative administration will seek to win a 12th election in a row having controlled the council since 1973, whilst the opposition parties will hope to increase their number of seats. Is it not time therefore for some political rearrangements down at the town hall, especially when we have bottom feeders like Ricky Bower, Gillian Brown and the like calling the shots on how our futures are shaped?

Roll on May 7th.
luckyduck Posted - 04 Apr 2015 : 15:38:47
Common Neil - no one can be in the least surprised at the shenanigans perpetrated by Bower - he has one sole aim in life and that is to perpetuate his lifestyle. It really is about time he was brought to book, but he is probably such a clever schemer that he never actually breaks any rules, so as has been said on other forums, he needs to be removed by the vote - but as he is not our councillor, the chances are extremely slim. So our only chance is to vote in district councillors for Angmering who have got the balls to ensure Bower is neutered.
neil Posted - 04 Apr 2015 : 15:08:01
I have just found out the reason for the two wards and what a mess it is!

It seems that the paws of one Ricky Bower and cronies are again responsible for this attack on Angmering.

Each District Councillor apparently should represent a minimum number of constituents. The three East Preston District Councillors (including Ricky Bower) were therefore short of constituents as they could not meet this requirement. Faced with the loss of a District Councillor in view of their smaller population, East Preston somehow managed to grab all of Angmering between the railway line and the A259 and make it into a single ward within EP for District Council representation purposes only.

It seems that the two EP Arun cabinet members outgunned Angmering's one cabinet member.

However, when it comes to Parish Council elections, this EP District Council ward reverts to Angmering (i.e. Angmering South).

It stinks!
neil Posted - 04 Apr 2015 : 13:40:39
I see that, for the Angmering Parish Council elections, Angmering has been split into 2 Wards - Village (11 seats) and South Angmering (2 seats).

I don't know how this came about. It could lead to us having even less councillors if there is nobody to stand for the South.

Does anybody know the Ward boundaries?
derekdainton Posted - 04 Apr 2015 : 12:26:17
Perhaps with the ADC Elections approaching, people might like to ask our Ward Councillor Andy Cooper what it is, since his election last time, he has actually done for Angmering. Who knows, we might be surprised!

Either e-mail at cllr.andy.cooper@arun.gov.uk or tweet @AndyJ_Cooper
derekdainton Posted - 03 Feb 2015 : 18:21:15
No idea, but with Karl Roberts in charge of Planning at ADC I guess it doesn't really matter.
Mr Growser Posted - 02 Feb 2015 : 16:09:56
Do we know who is replacing him?

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000