Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Angmering Neighourhood Plan (ANP)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
roosterbri Posted - 17 May 2014 : 11:12:47
After all the good work put in by Pat and her team has the effort been in vain and some of the ANP been left in tatters?

Work could probably start on the 370 houses before the ANP is modified and put to a Referendum.

I assume ADC will overrule APC, therefore not only will we have the houses proposed in the ANP ie... BMW site and West side of Roundstone Lane but also the 370 so far passed by ADC. All without any major committment to improving schooling,access and additional Medical Facilities.

I look forward to somebody putting me right on my question.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lizh Posted - 15 Jan 2015 : 14:29:53
I take your point about having access to an online version BFA, but some things are just easier to read and take in when printed, this being one of them.

I received mine yesterday and found it very interesting. Thank you to those who put it together.

I found the Facebook debate very interesting and it brought out some very good arguments. I think it will help anyone who didn't really understand or wasn't sure what this is all about understand why we should be voting 'yes'.
philip Posted - 15 Jan 2015 : 13:35:44
Well the good news is that a "man in a parish council van" delivered it this morning. :-) Good on the Parish Council to take the step of printing it (although given the size I think it's a madness regulation to suggest it should be read on-line - but that's one for the Government).

The company responsible for failing in their task, should make some form of redress....hopefully for Angmering benefit, not some central coffers, as it has put some negativity into something many people from Angmering worked hard at.
neil Posted - 15 Jan 2015 : 12:19:17
Angmering Parish Council has today (Thur 15 Jan) issued the following statement:

"We have been made aware that, despite assurances from the distribution agents that deliveries of the Neighbourhood Development Plan would be completed by the end of Tuesday 13 January 2015, some areas of the village have not yet received their copies. We apologise for this and have instructed the distribution agents to rectify these omissions urgently. We have now been advised that this is in hand and should be completed shortly. If, by the end of Thursday 15 January 2015, any resident has still not received a copy of the Neighbourhood Development Plan, please contact the Parish Council Office and we will assist you. An electronic version of the Neighbourhood Development Plan has been available the Parish Council's website since mid-December and remains at http://www.angmeringparishcouncil.gov.uk/mediaFiles/downloads/87806654/hbourhoodPlan_IncludingPostexaminationcommentsV4_06Final.pdf

In response to queries received from a number of residents, we are happy to clarify that:- 1) there is in fact no requirement for a printed copy of the Neighbourhood Development Plan to be delivered to residents in advance of the referendum - the Parish Council has taken this step as we believe that all residents should be provided with a copy of this important document; and 2) the cost of printing the Neighbourhood Development Plan has been met entirely from grant funding made available by the Department for Communities and Local Government for the purpose, and not from Council Tax precept monies."
derekdainton Posted - 15 Jan 2015 : 09:40:36
Presumably those responsible for distribution have ben paid for the job out of taxpayers' money. They have failed in their task. Perhaps whomever distributes All About Angmering should have been given the task. Their delivery system seems pretty robust.
luckyduck Posted - 15 Jan 2015 : 08:44:52
Pity then that here on Wednesday, they have still not delivered to any addresses near me - incompetent is the word that springs to mind.
BFA Posted - 14 Jan 2015 : 22:38:17
Makes one wonder how other parishes that are not distributing hard copies cope ... and that would be all other parishes, only Angmering are getting hard copies and going by the above, most, which is a large number, have received them.

Well done to all concerned for going above and beyond, for providing something you had absolutely no obligation to which suddenly becomes a God-given right.

Other parishes just get the internet link – we do too here it is.

http://www.angmeringparishcouncil.gov.uk/main.cfm?Type=NI&objectid=2851

Well done also to APC for notification of the extension to the proposed delivery date.

neil Posted - 14 Jan 2015 : 21:25:56
Plan has still not been issued to many households in Angmering. Does not seem that any south of the A259 have had copies nor some or all in Roundstone Lane. If this is the case, it is doubtful whether the outlying areas in the parish have had copies either. This distribution issue is now becoming a farce. What company is responsible for this distribution mess? It could jeopardise the whole referendum if substantial numbers either do not receive the Plan or have sufficient time to digest it before 22 January!
philip Posted - 14 Jan 2015 : 20:16:07
Still no copy here - time to complain
seagull Posted - 14 Jan 2015 : 14:48:21
Mine was delivered this morning as well. Can't think why anyone would want to vote no, unless it was a developer!
lindylou Posted - 13 Jan 2015 : 21:53:21
Mine was delivered this morning
philip Posted - 13 Jan 2015 : 21:16:06
I have not received my copy, and I get all my post, junk mail and Barratts Community "Consultation" documents as regular as clockwork!
neil Posted - 13 Jan 2015 : 19:45:14
Interesting exchange of views taking place on the Angmering Village FaceBook page (not mine) at https://www.facebook.com/groups/39500627749/?fref=ts

I just happened to make a posting saying that Plan should be delivered by 13 January and this has resulted in over 60 comments. Some strange reasons stated for voting NO at the referendum.

Has anybody not got their copy yet?
luckyduck Posted - 10 Dec 2014 : 13:50:12
See my post on a new topic in AVL forums here - http://www.angmeringvillage.co.uk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1558
neil Posted - 10 Dec 2014 : 12:29:50
ADC has announced that a Referendum will be held on Thursday 22 January 2015 relating to the Angmering Neighbourhood Plan. The question to be asked of voters at the Referendum is:

"Do you want Arun District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Angmering to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"

ADC took no notice of the draft Neighbourhood Plan when foisting many hundreds of houses on Angmering over and above that was required and which Angmering residents did not want. What betting that if the vast majority of Angmering residents say "Yes" to the Referendum question, ADC will continue to ignore our Plan and wishes?

Time this lot were thrown out!
patty Posted - 01 Sep 2014 : 22:54:19
Thank you Angmering Al, but to answer your question, it is really very simple:
In an attempt to get as many people to respond to the Plan, we promised that their details would not be made public (and that has to include their handwriting, as some could be identified by that)

The completed forms are held by the Parish Council and the examiner who is a totally independant body can check our spreadsheet against them.

Please feel free to question any aspect of the formalities of this plan and if you feel you need to, please question any replies.
Some of it can appear very complicated and somewhat confusing, the team have been on a constant learning curve getting this right so you will not offend in any way. We want you to be happy with what has been presented - you may not agree to all of it, but that is a different matter.

Thank you
AngmeringAl Posted - 01 Sep 2014 : 22:30:23
I understand what has been done , not sure why you cant put the full replies up , don't the council put any letters up in full that are received regarding planning etc
Anyway I will leave it at that .
patty Posted - 01 Sep 2014 : 20:06:58
The only 'Editing' of the responses is where more than one comment was made on a form amd they were then split into the different catagories.
ALL comments have been collated onto the response form under the relevant sections so that it is easier to see how people have commented on any particular subject, or area of the plan.

Nothing has been carefully chosen. Everything submitted has been put on that form. You will see there are some responses that are quite lengthy.

The actual forms cannot be displayed due to data protection.

If you follow from the responders code, you will be able to see that some people have made several responses to several subjects and will therefore be listed in several places on the spreadsheet.

No part of this has been 'carefully chosen' as you state.
Everything submitted has been included on the spreadsheet, good or bad.

If you think anything has not been included, then please email me on angmeringpat@aol.com as soon as you can so I can look into it immediately.

A lot of time was spent deciphering peoples handwriting in order for this whole spreadsheet to be clearer to read.

edited due to spelling errors.
AngmeringAl Posted - 01 Sep 2014 : 19:38:39
The responses put up are just edited parts from different letters , I would have thought the public response letters would be put up in full for the public to view , not just carefully chosen parts on a list ?
patty Posted - 24 Jul 2014 : 22:22:47
The responses should all be on the PC website later next week.
Currently checking that all agreed amendments listed on the spreadsheet have been correctly transferred to the plan.
AngmeringAl Posted - 24 Jul 2014 : 21:52:30
Can we read the responses online anywhere yet ?
Pansy Posted - 27 May 2014 : 11:28:18
Just wonder if the Neighbourhood Plan is dead in the water? Whatever the Angmering villagers' visions for the future may be they will be ignored by the Planning Masters at A.D.C. Horses and stable doors spring to mind!
patty Posted - 18 May 2014 : 22:37:36
Crazy Paving - thank you for your comments. We have included them with the response forms currently being compiled. It is important for us to receive all comments on the plan.

I would just like to add though, that your accusations regarding the Clean Air document that was provided by Jenny Bos are completely wrong. If someone had bothered to ask the group, we would have happily advised what the position was.
Jenny's document was extremely good, the whole group agreed on this fact.
Our problem was, that it was more of a statement than a policy so the group spent several weeks trying to make it into a workable policy.
Hands are greatly tied when writing policies, they have to be deliverable and it has proved very difficult trying to get the correct wording together to ensure it stands up to examination. It was removed from the pre-submission document, to give us time to investigate it further and is currently with our consultant to see if he can assist us to make this a workable policy.
Alternatively, if this is not possible he will advise us the best way to include this in the plan so at least it can be referenced to.

So, No Derek Dainton, this has nothing to do with internal strife with the APC.
It is purely that this was an excellent document that we all felt deserved to go in the plan somehow, but have struggled on the best way for it to be the most effective, under the rules that we have to follow.

It realy is as simple as that - do wish someone had bothered to check with us though.

Incdentally Shari - if the plan had been finished 2 years ago, the clean air document would not have been in it at all as it had not even been thought about back then!
patty Posted - 18 May 2014 : 21:57:43
Roosterbri, many thanks for your query.

I dont think we can class the plan being in tatters due to the current ADC approval of planning applications.
What it is intended to do is to protect the village for the next 15 years.

As each step is completed the plan becomes more and more effective. One the pre-submission period ends, we will have 2 weeks to update/amend and it is then presented to ADC at the end of June for part of the final steps, another 6 week consultation followed by the inspection and report by the examiners.

Bearing in mind part of the current planning applications are still only outline, by the time full plans are submitted, the NP should be taking more and more strength.

Provisions under S106 agreement for things such as schooling and medical services on the current applicatons are a separate issue already drawn up by Arun.

If anyone has any comments/suggestions on the current version of the plan, there is still time to respond. All comments will be dealt with and where necessary the plan will be amended.
So please,send your comments in as soon as possible, they are important.
thank you.
roosterbri Posted - 18 May 2014 : 15:18:33
Now then children
seagull Posted - 18 May 2014 : 13:09:55
Yes, I do unpaid work too, you'd be surprised!
Crazypaving Posted - 18 May 2014 : 09:16:33
I do other more rewarding volunteer work! What about you?
seagull Posted - 17 May 2014 : 22:58:30
As you know so much about it, Crazy Paving, it was a pity you didn't volunteer your services. The Neighbourhood Plan may then have been delivered a lot earlier!
derekdainton Posted - 17 May 2014 : 15:26:42
Who were these Councillors whose work has been ignored, I wonder. Suspect this is another example of APC internal strife.
roosterbri Posted - 17 May 2014 : 13:24:16
Considering that APC is virtually an unpaid role, I believe the end product to be a reasonable use of unpaid time.
It might have been appropriate to put it out to a Commercial Enterprise to produce if time was of the essence!!??
Crazypaving Posted - 17 May 2014 : 12:09:59
The ANP was started 3 years ago! It is already 2 years too late. What good did Cllr Turner do other than dilly dally for so long that any recommendations in it were way out of date by the time ADC got their claws into Angmering. Interesting to note that all the hard work done by some Cllrs on the pollution aspect has been completely forgotten about and ignored in the ANP. The plan is not worth the paper that has been wasted on it.

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000