Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Utilities

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
derekdainton Posted - 20 Dec 2014 : 11:48:28
Just received statement from Southern Water indicating rise of 24% in monthly payments. This, despite minimal increase in consumption.

Consumer and political pressure always on Gas and Electricity suppliers but Water companies seem to 'fly under the radar'. And, unlike other utilities, there is no competitive option.

Another rip off!

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bert Posted - 21 Dec 2014 : 11:51:51
We have a meter and we find it perfectly reasonable. With a meter you pay for what you use, a simple and fair system.

All our water in....all our water out...and sewerage charge.....for two of us..monthly DD of £30. ...£1 a day. ..Don't see the problem.
Paul Posted - 20 Dec 2014 : 17:40:04
DD, you may wish to check your water consumption. I have had a meter for years and found it cheaper than when based on Rateable Value. I read it weekly, and find it varies a little week by week, but falls around 1 cubic meter of water per person per week (which certainly used to be the usage guide for normal domestic use). If you find you are consuming considerably more then you may wish to identify what you are using it on to see if you can eliminate unnecessary use, or you may even have a leak on the pipework your side of the meter, or (no unknown) another property connected to your supply. Easy way to check that is to turn every tap off and see if the meter is still turning.

Whilst there is currently no competitive option, prices have to be agreed by OFWAT and I understand they may actually be going down from 1 April 2015.
derekdainton Posted - 20 Dec 2014 : 16:05:24
Bills started to increase the minute the meter was installed.
neil Posted - 20 Dec 2014 : 14:11:58
Out of interest DD, do you have a water meter? Whether you do or not is still not justification for such an extortionate increase.

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000