Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Post Office

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
derekdainton Posted - 11 Sep 2014 : 14:14:22
The re-vamp of the Post Office counter. A work of sheer genius, clearly designed to create more shelf space.

Great potential for confusion with Co-op tills on left and marked PO tills on right. Queues at busy times cross over.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AngmeringAl Posted - 12 Oct 2014 : 20:14:03
Its also clearly had a big impact on your quality of life
derekdainton Posted - 12 Oct 2014 : 13:57:52
What an erudite response. Clearly you have not been affected by the balls up at the Co-op.
AngmeringAl Posted - 11 Oct 2014 : 15:22:44
BFA ... Get a life
BFA Posted - 09 Oct 2014 : 21:21:22
After more of the above yesterday, plus some backchat from an assistant when I suggested she called for assistance, I complained to the co-op and got this in the automated reply.

"We currently have a high volume of customer queries, and this has caused a delay in our response times. Our current response time is between 7 - 14 days".

I wonder what could be causing that!

Pansy Posted - 24 Sep 2014 : 16:39:55
Total shambles.......went in two days ago to see a very long line of people with groceries. No designated Post Office-only position. Decided that I didn't have time to wait to get to the head of the line so went on my way!

Not much privacy for Post Office transactions and I do wonder what security is available to the staff should there be another robbery?
BFA Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 22:11:52
Today I was in a queue with about five waiting in front of me (two with full baskets) and one behind me, two other customers were being served, one at the co-op only till and one at one of the either/or tills.

The PO customer's transaction was taking a while, there were two customers in front of me by the time that transaction was completed. So I thought now that PO till would go to co-op, but no, the assistant shouted "ANY POST OFFICE CUSTOMERS"; there weren't and so she put a shopping basket on the counter, like a barrier to conceal what she was doing, and got on with some paperwork.

Others joined the queue but no-one enquired if they were for the now free PO counter, they would have probably had to wait until they got to the co-op counter to be told to go to the PO counter.

With still about six queuing one of the assistants should have rung the bell for assistance but never did, but then that was not unusual before this change. There can be someone stacking shelves AROUND the bloody queue that won't assist until asked.

They need a kick up the proverbial - at the top of the PO/Co-op that is. It's not the fault of any local staff that they have not been given proper training and have a ridiculous set up.

beernard Posted - 22 Sep 2014 : 09:51:43
On a plus side, the post office is open all day until 10pm so no need to rush in there during the day.
Mr Growser Posted - 11 Sep 2014 : 17:57:48
Absolute total chaos.
Also expensive.
Shop elsewhere if you can.
Pansy Posted - 11 Sep 2014 : 17:24:55
Sounds like total chaos. Hardly progress from what I have read. Will try to buy some stamps tomorrow and see how succesful I am?
westsussexbluenose Posted - 11 Sep 2014 : 16:04:44
They say that every village has an idiot, well if that is the case we now know where he/she is employed!

The bright spark at the Post Office who sactioned this needs an award for daftest re-vamp in history..So we now have one queue and three tills, two of which are "multi purpose" and can take either postal and/or Co-op purchases and one which is Co-op only. If you want to just use postal services you are now competing with shoppers who therefore tie up the two multi purpose tills. The lady in front of me in the queue wanted to buy food and had a full basket, I had a recorded delivery to arrange, and there were two tills available, one by the door which is the furthest away from the front of the queue and is food stuff only and the second till available was the middle one (multi purpose). Guess which one she chose, the middle one! (not her fault). This meant that both tills being used were the only ones which could take post, and the only free one was food only!! - you couldnt make it up. If the Post Office insist on having this stupid system, why not make all three tills multi purpose.

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000